Blogs » Latest comments

Comments

'Mama Won't Fly,' laughs will

Carole Luster said,

"Thank you VICTORIA ADVOCATE, for the comp tickets! We look foward to the many more things you have fun for VIP readers!! :) Wonderful to have a newspaper so supportive to the community and your readers!" - 3 hours, 38 minutes ago

'Mama Won't Fly,' laughs will

Carole Luster said,

"Just got home from seeing the play~ there were lots of laughs, well done~ funny funny warm ending!" - 3 hours, 41 minutes ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Cathy Lynn Fox said,

"A police chief didn't know what the investigation was about ? I think beeville needs a new police chief that is abreast of everything in his town. Just saying !! " - 4 hours, 13 minutes ago

Easter park experience was disappointing

Daniel L. Harabis said,

"Sorry to hear about your experience, did the "permitted people" actually have an event? With recent events (driveway) once again the city is punishing the individuals of their town...maybe they are looking for a new meaning to their multi-$$$$ slogan of "Bring Your Boots"..." - 4 hours, 58 minutes ago

Procession for fallen soldier

Jerry Fortenberry said,

"The route is Grace Funeral Home to Ben Wilson to Sam Houston and a right on Mockingbird....." - 7 hours, 23 minutes ago

Procession for fallen soldier

Beth Wood Hoffer said,

"What is the route?" - 7 hours, 49 minutes ago

Community welcomes home fallen soldier (w/video, gallery)

Cristal Mathews Parkinson said,

"Thank you soldier for everything you did to defend my freedom. It is because of men and women like you who risk their lives and say goodbye to families for long periods of times just so myself and other can live free. I dint know you but I am very thankful for your service. My you be blessed in the kingdom of heaven and continue to watch over all of here on earth.My hear goes out to your family and friends. God Bless!" - 8 hours, 26 minutes ago

Barbecue chicken fundraiser to help with People to People journey

Roxianna McCutchan said,

"Anyone know what date this is for? It says a time but no date unless I'm missing something." - 9 hours, 39 minutes ago

Victoria officials weigh cutting back road projects with increasing tax rate

Jeremy Cuevas said,

"Oh goodness the streets and utilities are in repulsive condition in those country club and colony creek areas. Yes we must spend millions of.dollars to repair the unsightly 2inch pothole that causes those drivers to spill their starbucks all over the floorboard of their range rover. But please, carry on while the streets on the south side and central victoria continue to deteriorate as they have for the past 35+ years. Its ok Ill send the alignment bill to the residents over there. " - 11 hours, 38 minutes ago

Victoria officials weigh cutting back road projects with increasing tax rate

Chris Cox said,

"I don't see the Tanglewood subdivision anywhere on that list of projects in this article." - 12 hours, 12 minutes ago

Fire Pit carries on Maggie's legacy (w/video)

Kimberly Edison said,

"and lets not forget maggies queso to this day when i chop veggies i say to my self teeny tiny or maggie will get your hiney lmao " - 12 hours, 46 minutes ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Analeigh Cummings said,

"So glad that girl was brave enough to come forward for all we kno he could've attacked more than just the ones he admitted to smh hope he gets what he deserves-ana" - 16 hours, 8 minutes ago

Community welcomes home fallen soldier (w/video, gallery)

Shanna Lutonsky Hayes said,

"Welcome home solider. Thank you for your service to defend my freedom! Prayers for the family....I lost my cousin June 3rd 2011 so I know the pain all to well. RIP Spc Danyluk" - 16 hours, 47 minutes ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Laura N Gilbert Alvear said,

"He'd always go into my job and I've always. said he looks freaky and now i c y smh my prayers. go out to those girls:( " - 17 hours, 58 minutes ago

Community welcomes home fallen soldier (w/video, gallery)

Ramona Lurker said,

"What an amazing show of respect and support! Thank you for our Freedom!!!" - 18 hours, 3 minutes ago

Judge dismisses Victoria Internet Cafe case

Issac Lokey said,

"All these old people committing crimes. Um. " - 18 hours, 10 minutes ago

Judge dismisses Victoria Internet Cafe case

Leonard Saddler said,

"Of all the places of interest in Victoria, this is the place I wish I had visited. My feeling on this is someone got a stiffy and used their power of law enforcement to rule. What a waste." - 18 hours, 22 minutes ago

Judge dismisses Victoria Internet Cafe case

Franklin Lewis said,

"Idiot cops!" - 20 hours, 30 minutes ago

Cooking With Myra: Eating healthy doesn't have to taste bad

Mary Lou Fromme said,

"I don't think I would drink something I received in the mail without researching it really well, even tho I am fluffy." - 21 hours, 36 minutes ago

Six injured in Jackson County wreck

Dave Mundy said,

""... all of Mexico." Let us all pray for their speedy recovery, and may their next vacation as tourists visiting our wonderful Texas be less harrowing." - 21 hours, 54 minutes ago

Greg Abbott to visit Victoria West High School

Patrick Nelson said,

"While I can understand the reasoning behind keeping West High visit unavailable from the public as just another standard procedure birthed by a series of unimaginable evils - I have to admit that I am very disappointed if he doesn't make any other stops locally that's open to public , while he is down in the area... Given that current events/issues/politics is a passion of mine, I would have loved to attend an event with him, maybe if I'm lucky even get to shake his hand.... If anyone reading this knows of any other stops that he would be making in the general area, please let me know " - 1 day, 1 hour ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Julian DeLeon DeLeon said,

"....75000.00 bail bond!!!!!?????.....seriously???!!!!!.........should be housed arrested ..monitor. ..and registered with local sex offender rules should be implied. ........comes close to my home he will be killed and decapitated and posted on facebook!!!!...." - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Selina Robledo said,

"Smh" - 1 day, 2 hours ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Sonia N Ernest Alvarado said,

"Aware of an on going investigation but didn't know what it was about strange..." - 1 day, 3 hours ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Lucy Amoroso said,

"Beeville is all screwed up , I know of a young kid that got touched by a thirty five or so guy and he still hasn't been arrested , still running the streets " - 1 day, 3 hours ago

Community welcomes home fallen soldier (w/video, gallery)

Karen DrillSgt Caughey said,

"Now his family has a special angel watching. Rip soldier. :-)" - 1 day, 3 hours ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Laura Chapa said,

"My thoughts exactly Tanja!!!..." - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Greg Abbott to visit Victoria West High School

Daniel L. Harabis said,

"He should feel right at home in Victoria...a town of 50,000+ people that years ago thought it was in the best interest for their students to combine 2 high schools into one mega school....Who are they really look out for?? Why is the appearance "closed to the public"....is he afraid of something or is does he want a "controlled photo op"?" - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Tanja Vickery Irwin said,

"Something about him not knowing what the investigation was about makes me wonder" - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Greg Abbott to visit Victoria West High School

Sandy Crawford said,

"At last, a new teacher for the teacherless classrooms! (oops) " - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Students examine AIDS, genocide in state projects

Kate Klimist said,

"Ms. Arratia, Thank you so much for your post. It means so much to me that you took the time to watch and write a response that adds to the project. Perhaps I should change the message from "will" to "could". One message is clear, if there is a possibility of contracting HIV, a person should be checked every year. Skylar Jones, I am so incredibly proud of you. Congratulations on a brilliant project. As usual, you find a way to touch everyone with purpose. Way to go, Skylar!" - 1 day, 4 hours ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Johnny Rodriguez said,

"That's messed up." - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Former Beeville dispatcher accused of molesting a child

Laurie Lynn Massengale said,

"Oh my Damn...." - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Greg Abbott to visit Victoria West High School

Janice Hill said,

"Maybe he should visit a pre-K class and realize that kids who are still learning to count and read shouldn't be subjected to standardized testing." - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Cuero police officer placed on administrative leave after wife's injury

Andreas Lyons said,

"We r praying for both of you" - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Victoria resident refuses to remove renegade driveway

Lisa Commerson said,

"This is Ben Commerson Thank you all Victorians who have supported me on this issue. " - 1 day, 6 hours ago

Victoria officials weigh cutting back road projects with increasing tax rate

Brian Vandale said,

"Cut back on the pay raises you give yourselves.Stop wasting monies on what Victoria doesn't need and spend it on the roads.And that doesn't mean just in the Country Club areas.It seems that the only solution y'all can think of is raise everyones taxes,but give tax breaks to major companies that don't stay here.This fits right in with Ben and his driveway,pay more taxes and do as we say.We need more money to waste." - 1 day, 8 hours ago

Greg Abbott to visit Victoria West High School

Misty Brasfield Urrabazo said,

"Well of course he would go visit schools with such large enrollment, new buildings, and funding potential. I would love to see him visit Bloomington ISD just to see what the percentages of economically disadvantaged are and the LIMITED funding opportunities that exist. and before the negativity starts flowing in... that last statement was not a slap to Bloomington residents and tax payers but a fact of how these percentages influence funding from the state and local level. The small schools hurt financially too and they are often overlooked. Why not visit BISD and get a tour of what smaller schools are facing and what they actually do." - 1 day, 9 hours ago

Greg Abbott to visit Victoria West High School

Stephanie Nalls said,

"West is such a fine example of how programs and plans and funds are working already! *sarcasm font*" - 1 day, 9 hours ago

Boat oar causes spill at Refugio wastewater plant

Charles Gossett said,

"An old saying about a creek and a paddle comes to mind" - 1 day, 10 hours ago

Port O'Connor Friends of the Library to hold informational dinner

Henry Pongratz said,

"this is NOT a fundraiser!! come eat and learn what is going on" - 1 day, 10 hours ago

Greg Abbott to visit Victoria West High School

Marc Falcon said,

"It is simply hypocritical to talk about the importance of early childhood education out of one side of your mouth, while defending nearly $200 million in cuts to pre-K in the courtroom" - 1 day, 10 hours ago

Victoria resident refuses to remove renegade driveway

Paul Polasek, Mayor City of Victoria Texas said,

"I only participate in the advocate blogs to help facilitate good discussion and differing opinions, I simply do not have time to respond to everyone here. Regarding this issue, please understand 14 of your fellow citizens, 7 on planning commissioners and 7 council members, read through all the facts and all agreed on this issue. In no way was this decision mine alone. The process was played out over a couple of months. I would caution people from coming to such strong conclusions based on just the contents of the article alone. Just my opinion." - 1 day, 11 hours ago

Cuero police officer placed on administrative leave after wife's injury

Marynjose Gutierrez Hernandez said,

"I'm so happy to hear she is doing good I've got to.know them both threw my job I'm a waitress and there my clients. Cory and Elizabeth are both sweet people they have so much love for one another god is good " - 1 day, 11 hours ago

Cuero police officer placed on administrative leave after wife's injury

Daniel Kaimiokalani Cornel said,

"I heard when Elizabeth Tolbert was critical, and I am glad and thankful she is improving!" - 1 day, 11 hours ago

Victoria resident refuses to remove renegade driveway

Ryan N Amanda Mireles said,

"Love that you standing up. This is a stupid thing to be even have to be dealing wish. Wish I was home be standing there right beside ya " - 1 day, 11 hours ago

Victoria resident refuses to remove renegade driveway

Tifany Commerson said,

"Shows how they make a big deal out of something so little when there is WAY WORSE situations. Love you Dad ♡" - 1 day, 12 hours ago

Victoria resident refuses to remove renegade driveway

Dwayne Stovall said,

"To do list; 1. Remove driveway 2. Put up for sale sign 3. Move out of Victoria 4. Take taxes and shop with me." - 1 day, 13 hours ago

Victoria resident refuses to remove renegade driveway

Patrick Nelson said,

"This man is a racist and threat to society... I'm willing to bet that there's a school close by him, and those children could be killed by his criminal recklessness... Just who in the Hell does he think he is?! Acting like judge jury & executioner.... Who does he think he is building a driveway on his own private property?! ... Terrorist... ..... I hope that the DA pushes for the death penalty... WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!" - 1 day, 13 hours ago

Victoria resident refuses to remove renegade driveway