Blogs » Latest comments

Comments

Judge halts key part of Texas abortion law

Elizabeth Ramirez said,

"There's a special place in hell for people who kill their innocent babies! " - 2 hours, 40 minutes ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

Mookie Espinoza said,

"i hope michael jackson recovers from his injuries..but as far as escaping any charges..he aint gnna be able to "beat it" " - 3 hours, 26 minutes ago

Victoria Housing Authority employee accused of stealing $200,000

Sandy Nicole Rodriquez said,

"ALL THOSE FUNDS STOLEN----AND WE WERE EVICTED OVER THREE LITTLE LITTENS WHILE THE RATS CARRY OUT BIG BAGS OF THE FUNDS FROM THE HOUSING AUTHORITY----GILLISPIE IS AT FAULT SHE LET IT HAPPEN FOR BEING IRRESPONSIBLE SIGNING BLANK CHECKS" - 3 hours, 31 minutes ago

Victoria Housing Authority employee accused of stealing $200,000

Cheri Smith said,

"Who is the too fox watching the hen house?? Start treating government businesses like private and stop letting this abuse go on at our cost " - 5 hours, 7 minutes ago

Family hopes to bury 6-year-old boy's body in Port Lavaca

Gracie Cruz said,

"Prayers go out to the lil boys familly who loved and cared for him..and r.i.p lil man...heaven has gaind another precious angel" - 5 hours, 8 minutes ago

Family hopes to bury 6-year-old boy's body in Port Lavaca

Gracie Cruz said,

"Omg!! This is so sad..wtf is wrong with ppl now a days?? When are u idiots going to realize these children are a blessing from God....its up to us to protect them NOT HURT THEM!!!!! this two should be ashamedof thereselves point blank!!! If there guilty lock them up and most deff throw away the keys!!!!!!!" - 5 hours, 9 minutes ago

Family hopes to bury 6-year-old boy's body in Port Lavaca

Angela Kidd said,

"Cps caseworkers need to go find them a real job!! They bother innocent families behind false reports yet ignore the cases that should be further investigated... They are partially to blame in not only this case but many others as well.." - 5 hours, 12 minutes ago

Friday night football: Aug. 29 live coverage

David Mundy said,

"Nixon-Smiley 28, Woodsboro 7 " - 5 hours, 30 minutes ago

Judge halts key part of Texas abortion law

John Schlembach said,

"Excellent!" - 9 hours, 33 minutes ago

Victoria, Calhoun districts react to court decision

Travis Smith said,

"Too many tax dollars disappear down the black hole of state and district level bureaucracies as it is. Clean out a lot of the redundant jobs and wasteful administration costs and get more money into the classroom. Even better kick the state out completely and let locals support their own education. " - 10 hours, 31 minutes ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Lupe Cano said,

"Ummmmm what's there to see here ? I've lived here my whole life that's why I go to corpus , Houston , Austin , and San antoinio CAUSE WE DONT HAVE ANYTHiNG!!!!!!!! City of victoria get it through ur head instead of thinking bout tourism fix my road it's avenue c " - 12 hours, 22 minutes ago

Victoria Housing Authority employee accused of stealing $200,000

Debbie Pizana said,

"Is this why Victoria has a shortage in housing for all the homeless people, make this witch sell all of her stuff befor she goes to prison, leaving her family homeless, and see if she likes it, charges better be filed , after she sells everything , give it to a family in need , I am sure the county can find a well deserving family." - 12 hours, 39 minutes ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Diego Lyra said,

"120 thousand? For a rv taco stand? Why not spend it on something productive....when is election time? Victoria needs a in house clean up" - 13 hours, 1 minute ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Sherri Kickendahl said,

"Sherri Kickendahl This is really not funny. I usually don't comment on these things but enough is enough! Seriously, how does it make sense to spend money on promoting tourism for a town that is not a tourist town? I have lived here all my life and I like it here. There is plenty to do. But, it is not a tourist town. A tourist town has something major that people want to visit: a theme park, an outlet mall, a huge venue for concerts, etc. We DON'T have any of those. If Victoria officials' goal is to make Victoria a tourist town, (which I have no idea why they would want to) then they should save the money towards building one of those things. OR perhaps, they should just try to keep the current residents happy by building something like a water park. " - 14 hours, 17 minutes ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

Miguel Hernandez said,

"Well I know eyewitnesses that saw the kid run red light but let the investagtors do their job the truth will come out" - 14 hours, 52 minutes ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Ramona Lurker said,

""Should we be saving that money to create a better attraction? Bauknight asked." Bravo Councilman for speaking up!" - 15 hours, 6 minutes ago

DA requests bond be revoked for former teacher charged with assault

Karen DrillSgt Caughey said,

"Good for the DA!! She needs to be in jail. Stupid women!!!! I am with Christy, there is no man worth ruining your life or your relationship with your kids. Now her kids r gonna remember this because their mother was sitting in jail. Grow up lady!!!!" - 15 hours, 17 minutes ago

Victoria, Calhoun districts react to court decision

Allen T Coffey said,

"Good call Judge Dietz!" - 16 hours, 38 minutes ago

VISD adopts lowered tax rate, approves budget for 2014-15

Dale Zuck said,

"TRUTH IN TAXATION ALERT. The VISD property valuation is UP 7.8%. The VISD Trustees are ONLY increasing your property tax by 7%. But that is better than the Victoria County commissioners who are increasing your taxes by even more. The only decent representation we have is with the City of Victoria City Council Members. At least with our City tax dollars, we can see we are getting more for our dollars. Not so the school district. Not so." - 16 hours, 43 minutes ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

George Hood said,

"There is nothing in Victoria for anyone to come see. We have plenty of motels but no place good to eat.cand nothing to do after you get here" - 17 hours, 29 minutes ago

How much are you willing to sacrifice?

Billy Shelley said,

"Great letter Tony. We need to catch up some time. We can only use "reasoning" if we are trained to do so according to the accepted principles therefore "reason" cannot be the guiding principle." - 18 hours, 13 minutes ago

Gulf Bend's outpatient facility stops accepting patients after state visit

Rebecca Culak said,

"The State's Regulations are in place for the safety and to fulfill the needs of patients who need TRAINED PSYCHIATRIC NURSES. The State won't bend the rules just because someone came up with a good idea, but didn't do their research first to make sure it passed policy. " - 18 hours, 27 minutes ago

DA requests bond be revoked for former teacher charged with assault

Vicki Wilson-Lavelle said,

"Lock her up and throw away the key! She is not crazy. She knows exactly what she is doing. For some reason she thinks she is above the law. Hipefully the judge will see what a manipulator she is and take action before she hurts someone else!!!" - 18 hours, 47 minutes ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

Rocio Robles said,

"Wendall maloy, I beg to differ, your opinion is biased since you were a truck driver..I said MOST NOT ALL truck drivers, n I would say about 60% do believe because they are in such a big mosnter of a truck they own the road, 30% are lacking experience and then you have 10% who are actually good truck drivers. This driver either was lacking sleep, experience, or an all around give a hoot for other drivers. " - 19 hours, 16 minutes ago

DA requests bond be revoked for former teacher charged with assault

Christy Pedraza-Ortiz said,

"Sounds like she went crazy after losing her husband to another woman; get a grip for the sake of your children, lady. No man is worth ruining your life." - 19 hours, 30 minutes ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

Alejandro Moreno said,

"Wow Michael Jackson " - 19 hours, 48 minutes ago

School funding still unconstitutional

Dave Mundy said,

"It's not how education is funded, it's how it's taught. Outcomes-based methodology costs three times as much as traditional methodology, and having to educate non-English speakers costs SIX times as much." - 19 hours, 49 minutes ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Alejandro Moreno said,

"Don't we First need attractions and like somebody mentioned here I would also love to see an itinerary of things to keep me entertained. Now I'm not saying Victoria is not a nice town, it is However The city council should be more open to new Ideas seriously we are right in the middle of 4 major cities We could basically become the best city among the other four Every time I say where I live while traveling people ask me where's that at I'm like are you serious it's a city right in the center of Houston, Corpus, San Antonio, and Austin and people still don't know where our city is at." - 19 hours, 52 minutes ago

Victoria's Drive Thru Doc indicted after Advocate special investigation

Brenda Cooper said,

"Dr Morgan never prescribed me pain meds. but he did hold my hand and cry with me when he had to tell me that I had breast cancer and he did refer me to the specialists I would need to combat this nasty disease and save my life. He did take my calls in the middle of the night when I was scared and hysterical and talked me through my fears until I could calm down enough to fall asleep. He didn't prescribe me anything for that and he didn't charge me anything for that and he would never except an apology for my disturbing his personal life when I had no idea where else to turn. Fortunately I have been healthy enough not to have to see him in a while but I will never forget the compassion and care he showed me. " - 19 hours, 59 minutes ago

More than 200 volunteers help build 2 Habitat homes (w/video)

Paula Powell said,

"Awesome article . Bless those two families ." - 20 hours, 2 minutes ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Benjamin Duran said,

"What is the use of a visitor center at all, be it brick and mortar or mobile, if there is nothing to inform them about? Spend the money on bringing real attractions to the city. Comic con is a good first step, especially if it grows, but even then, it can only grow so big because Victoria outgrew our community center years ago. You can't have any real big events without causing chaos over there, which is why I generally avoid anything hosted at the community center, because it isn't worth the feeling of being over crowded and nowhere to park. Personally, I think I new community center to attract out of town people to host events would be something to look into." - 20 hours, 10 minutes ago

Snake zaps power to thousands in Victoria

Raquel 'Roc' Pulido said,

"Where's the picture of the snake???" - 20 hours, 12 minutes ago

How much are you willing to sacrifice?

Neldene Matusevich said,

"The defining state in this editorial "Citizens should obey the laws, deferring to authority that keeps itself to that standard." That standard being obedience to the laws of the United States' republican system based on the Bible and our unique Constitution. This system in order to work must be applied and follow by both the elected leaders as well as the citizenry of this Republic. Mr. Corte's letter is excellent. " - 20 hours, 32 minutes ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

Rocio Robles said,

"This is the problem with most not all but most truck drivers, they tend to think they own the road! " - 20 hours, 55 minutes ago

DA requests bond be revoked for former teacher charged with assault

Rocio Robles said,

"Thats so sad, eapecially when children are evolved...ive always liked mrs madigan but I have lost all respect for her. All parties are in the wrong in this situation, thats just my opinion though! " - 20 hours, 57 minutes ago

How much are you willing to sacrifice?

Henry Pongratz said,

"very good!!" - 21 hours, 33 minutes ago

How much are you willing to sacrifice?

Leonard Saddler said,

"Awesome" - 22 hours, 17 minutes ago

DA requests bond be revoked for former teacher charged with assault

Theresa Trevino said,

"OMG how many chance is this crazy woman gonna get.... Lock her up already obviously that's what she wants she just don't get it" - 1 day, 3 hours ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Travis Smith said,

"Why don't they just pile up the cash and light it on fire, it will bring in the same amount of tourism. Until there is an attraction that generates consistent results, any center mobile or otherwise is a waste of funds that could be better used on infrastructure. " - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Victoria Housing Authority employee accused of stealing $200,000

Jenny Marie said,

""Although Tyler thought the Victoria Housing Authority should not have signed blank checks, he said his office is not responsible for fixing that organization's protocols." correct me if im wrong. But isnt it Tylers responsibility to stop any and all organizations of comitting any/all criminal activities? WOW!!!!!! sounds to me like not all laws and apply for all. why is this organization exempt from the Criminal District Attorney's obligation to prosecute and ensure that criminal activities comitted by any/all organizations will not be tolerated??????? " - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Victor Villa Villalobos said,

"forget that stupid carousel we need to fix the river clear it of alligators build a dam that would be tight." - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Mobile tourism up in air as Victoria City Council considers budget

Victor Villa Villalobos said,

"We don't have anything to tour our mall sucks along with our dirty riverside park . we need a tubing destination with a tube rental on the river . lets clean the river up it could be a great tourist attraction since Victoria doesn't want a water park." - 1 day, 5 hours ago

Snake zaps power to thousands in Victoria

Priscilla Delossantos Woodman said,

"I guess it was a small section in corpus. Everyone around here had power. " - 1 day, 6 hours ago

Man arrested on suspicion of threatening judge, assistant DA

Karen DrillSgt Caughey said,

"Bhahaha!! He should b on world's dumbest criminals. Left voicemail threatening them. SMDH. " - 1 day, 8 hours ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

David Tewes said,

"I agree with Sean. What happened until innocent until proven guilty? Can't we say to vehicles collided and let the court make the guilty decision?" - 1 day, 8 hours ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

Joshua Levoy said,

"This is why we do not run red lights, children." - 1 day, 8 hours ago

How much are you willing to sacrifice?

John Schlembach said,

"Reason is the guiding principle." - 1 day, 9 hours ago

Snake zaps power to thousands in Victoria

Elizabeth Ramirez said,

"That's hard to believe. It was only a snake Victoria, that's it! Go back to ur business. Usually nosey journalist from Victoria advocate would investigate further, but they must b hiding something. Wouldn't there b a picture of a snake burnt to a crisp or something? And y was CC out the same time we were? " - 1 day, 9 hours ago

Cement truck driver runs red light, injured in three-car crash (w/video)

Sean Petrash said,

"They should stop calling them accidents because there is always someone at fault. " - 1 day, 10 hours ago

Biker completes national ride for ALS awareness

Mary Jo Bogatto said,