Jackson County, named after President Andrew Jackson, is one of the original Texas counties, formed in 1836 from the old Mexican municipality of Jackson. The area was settled by American colonists, though the first occupants of the land were the Karankawa Indians.
Edna is the county’s largest town and county seat, and nearly 50 percent of the county is considered farmland. Jackson borders the Lavaca Bay and Carancahua Bay and neighbors Calhoun, Victoria, Lavaca, Colorado, Wharton and Matagorda counties.
Established in 1884, Edna is known as the "Flag City" of Texas. It is the county seat of Jackson County ... More
County population: 14,255 More
GANADO - The smell of fresh coffee and burgers sizzling on the grill are commonplace at the Ganado Cafe. More
EDNA - Since Easter, Beverly and Gus Pilcik, of Ganado, have lived at the new Brackenridge Recreation Complex Texana Park ... More
EDNA - When the rest of Edna is ready to close shop, the Texas Country Oaks Dance Hall is revving ... More