Comments

• ok so there were 7 reasons for the expensive chase!

July 28, 2009 at 9:29 p.m.
  • John123...thanks for speaking up. Some bloggers on here are absolutely clueless, and some of these comments I will not even dignify with a response. There are plenty people who like to log on here throw stones at the SO and/or PD by drawing conclusions after reading a barely half-cooked article. There was a LOT more to this story than just a suspected load of illegals.

If folks want to write comments on heresay, stew on this....it has been said that the Director of Administrative Services for the county, as well as the County Judge, are getting 30% raises. This comes on the heels of other county employees, including those deputies sweating in the 100 degree heat off of FM 616 today, having their benefits cut and paying more for their health insurance. The county is facing nearly a $1 million shortfall and we're giving raises like that? Perhaps the "Watchdog" can sniff around that story...

July 28, 2009 at 8:24 p.m.
  • I can't believe all the fuss about Illegals. some of these people come here in search for a better life. what the police needs to do is worry about is the gang violence we have. about the vandalized vehicles we have had lately. regardless of the wall that is built, the INS, tipsters, we, yes I'm an american, but my people will keep coming. keep trying to keep us out, then who will build your new home, cut your grass when the heat index is 109? Obama, SI SE PUEDE!

July 28, 2009 at 8:16 p.m.

July 28, 2009 at 7:07 p.m.
  • Pilot, I expect it from either people around here, but not you. You should know by now that the Advocate is lacking a lot of information in their story.

The vehicle was a Ford F250 that went through a fence and drove around in a ranch before getting stuck. The deputy who initiated this only saw two people in the truck. It was reported that it was unknown why the vehicle left the road and evaded the police. One would think that it was either illegals or a drug shipment due to the area that it happened. Of course it could have been something else. If it was illegals I'm sure it was loaded down with more than two.

July 28, 2009 at 6:18 p.m.
  • You can round up the majority of illegal aliens at Home Depot, they're not only at the Bellaire & BW 8 location, but all over the country. I've never ran into any illegal aliens at Lowe's.

July 28, 2009 at 5:33 p.m.
  • What a waste of money. What happened to our shrinking county budget?
    And a DPS helicopter was called from Houston?

Geesh, How many times has this chopper flown over the hundreds of illegals at The Beltway 8 and Bellaire Home Depot in the middle of Houston.

July 28, 2009 at 5:04 p.m.
  • to listen to the live victoria police scanner heres the website

July 28, 2009 at 4:56 p.m.
  • Hahaha ha...ha. pilot have you seen pretty colors before, lol!

I would just like to say I feel for these cops and those guys, I'm sure both would have rather been somewhere else.

A smurfing we will go, a smurfing we will go, hi oh a merry eeH! that one was wet.

lolololol

July 28, 2009 at 3:46 p.m.
  • I'm with you, Archie. Here's all these cops out chasing two "suspected" illegals in a pasture while the drug and human-trafficking artery we call US 59 keeps right on a-pumping.

They might as well be waving at the highway traffic hollering "welcome to the United States!"

July 28, 2009 at 2:55 p.m.
  • they're looking for them like a pack of hunting dogs on a chase! they don't care how much it costs to catch 2 illegal aliens and in the meantime there's thousands driving by and waving to the law! beep! beep!beep!

July 28, 2009 at 2:45 p.m.
  • I agree pilot. Maybe they were poking around in the "cow patties". LOL

July 28, 2009 at 2:21 p.m.