Comments

• Oh my goodness!!! Hate Crime now that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.... It is vandalism of sheer mean little kids.. As far as the christ thing just because someone doesnt like christmas doesnt mean that the dont believe in christ!!!
    What about the schools do they not believe in God, Your not aloud to use his name in the school. Is that a hate crime as well>>>

November 17, 2009 at 11:39 a.m.
  • redneckgirl- What you do is great, but I for one am tired of reading about you tooting your own horn. Every post you write says you take in underpriveleged boys and you are a stalker and a strict parent. We get it. Thanks for taking care of kids, now post something else.

November 16, 2009 at 3:47 p.m.
  • This is by far not a hate crime. Get over it already! This is a crime committed by board kids with nothing else to do and they are laughing at all of this because they still haven't been caught. Instead of analyzing what kind of crime this would qualify for try looking for the idiots that did this, then ask them why and based on their comments, give it a catagory. This is so sad that all I have read in the paper for the past week is the destruction of the Cuero X-Mas in the park "hate crime". I have seen more important news get way less coverage. Hire a babysitter to watch over costly items as you can always expect that someone will try to do something and from what I understand, this is not the first time this has happened so you should have learned from the last time.

November 16, 2009 at 3:29 p.m.
  • As I said in the article, this is not a hate crime, and I don't like to see the public so upset at it being called that. This was the act of persons very insecure in their place on this earth; lack of parental involvement in their lives; and, possibly the thrill of doing something to make them look strong and tough. They failed!!!

Christmas in the Park is purely for the enjoyment of the area's citizens and a love of Christmas and the US Flag. We don't work so hard for the glory of it all; we're just a group of folks who love to see the joy and happiness of people and making everyone feel like a kid again. Come see us Nov 23 - Jan 1 and you'll see and feel what I mean.

November 16, 2009 at 9:10 a.m.
  • Mr. Lewis said that anyone who is against Christmas is against Christ. That maybe his opinion, but i do not believe it is true. I know some people who do not celebrate Christmas, but they are true followers of Christ.

November 16, 2009 at 9:07 a.m.
  • I understand the anger and frustration of having someone destroy property, but why call it a hate crime. I do not think these vandals were hating on Christmas or the American flag. They were just acting stupidly and probably not thinking of the consequences.

November 16, 2009 at 9:01 a.m.
  • I have to totally agree with gal52223. This is just total disrespect for the property of others, be it, personal or public. I do believe this was done by teens, teens that have no discipline, teens that have no parents who give a hoot. I would love to take them into my home, as I do take very troubled boys straight from Residential Treatment Centers, and NO, I never lay a hand on them, there are other ways to tame a tiger. I spend many days in school with them, I know where they are at ALL times, my home is wired like Fort Knox, I know all the proper holds to get them down if I need to. Also, we need more boot camps for these out of hand kids, and maybe for some of their parents.

November 16, 2009 at 8:49 a.m.
  • People, stop trying to minipulate the law. As upset as we are about this stupid act of vandalism, let us not use our authority to make this another "Look at what the South Texans are doing, again" humiliation.

November 16, 2009 at 8:19 a.m.
  • The whole idea of "hate crimes" is ridiculous. If I clobber someone with a baseball bat, that's a crime -- aggravated assault, I think. It doesn't matter WHY I clobbered him, he was clobbered. Is he any more clobbered because I don't like left-handed people and he's a southpaw? The reason why I clobbered him is far less important than the fact of his being clobbered. Hate crime legislation was passed just to get votes from people who think the why is more important that the what.

November 16, 2009 at 7:59 a.m.
  • My stars, these people need to get a grip! Hate crime! While I am very saddened about the vandalism, as my family gets a great deal of enjoyment from visiting the display each year, no one was PHYSICALLY injured or killed by this. This is vandalism, pure and simple. Someone thinks it fun and funny to destroy other peoples' property. I'm not even sure this has anything to do with it being a Christmas display (thus, being against Christmas OR Christ), but rather it was the most public display of vandalism they could think of doing. Pure stupidity and ignorance (and maybe boredom) on their part.

And Tinstar...that made me giggle about Barbie's Corvette!

November 16, 2009 at 7:11 a.m.
  • I have driven by the display in the past while working in the field but have never had the pleasure of taking the "scenic" route. Looks like it's too late for the full tour now. That's sad. I hope a very good example is made of whoever was responsible. They will be caught.

Hate crime? Terrorist? Vandalsism? I'll just label it heinous.

November 16, 2009 at 6:59 a.m.
  • In this line of thinking if someone stole my daughters Barbie corvette it must be a motor vehicle theft

November 16, 2009 at 6:30 a.m.
  • first of all this is not a hate crime,this is vandalism. second of all this display has been put up for years and the value of it somehow had to be depriciated just like the value of a car.who ever did the vandalism did not "intent " to commit a hate crime. i totally disagree with labeling this as a hate crime..so there was no intent to deny anyone any beliefs

November 16, 2009 at 1:21 a.m.
  • It's simply a crime -- no more, no less.

Disturbing ultra-statist drivel:
    "I think it's a terrorist act because it's anti-American. It's against our nation and what our nation stands for. That's what the flag represents. I consider it an act of terrorism."

Terrorism = Anti-American?? Joseph Goebbels couldn't have said it better himself.

I don't feel like repeating myself, so read this:

November 15, 2009 at 11:13 p.m.
  • "I consider it an act of terrorism" ???!!!

Wow, attempting to classify this as a hate crime is comical, but someone actually seeing this as anti-American/terrorism bothers me more than the act itself...in terms of where we are as a society.

November 15, 2009 at 10:33 p.m.
  • This is not a hate crime, its a disrespect for other peoples property. We are becoming a society with disreguard for not only property, but for human life. We think we can do whatever we want, whenever we want, and to whoever we want. Distruction of another persons property is illegal for any reason.

November 15, 2009 at 9:10 p.m.