Comments

• "Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty."
    - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

September 21, 2009 at 12:45 p.m.
  • It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

September 21, 2009 at 12:22 p.m.
  • Zorro, look at how many drugs have had recall's and deadly side effects with years of clinical testing. I think people are just not willing to put their health in the hands of the government as quickly as they use to. Plus if you ad up the facts and are a healthy person why would you get a H1N1 vaccine if you normally would not get a regular flu vaccine.

September 21, 2009 at 12:09 p.m.
  • wrongful death*

September 21, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.
  • No, it's not classified as a "trial" vaccine, but it's uncertain how the likelihood of known side effects in small sample sizes will extrapolate to 10s/100s of millions of recipients. It's thought that as many as 1 in 100,000 can develop a neurological disorder that can lead to death. In my mind, launching a vaccine on the masses is just another phase of the experiment, and I choose not to participate.

I'm not driven by fear. I've calmly weighed the options, and I'm putting my money on my immune system.

September 21, 2009 at 11:43 a.m.
  • When the government gave the vaccine labs and employees immunity from wrong death, I started to worry. I won't be getting the vaccine. I have a very strong immune system, and I will go see a doctor if I get sick. That, and H1N1 isn't as deadly as most people make it out to be. More people die from regular flu than swine flu. Just be careful, and seek medical assistance if you start feeling symptoms, and everything will be fine.

September 21, 2009 at 11:39 a.m.
  • I don't believe the H1N1 shot is a "trial" injection, far from it. It has been tested and approved. I was unaware it was available quite yet, but regardless, negative anecdotal remarks about it's efficacy surely must be fabricated.

September 21, 2009 at 11:16 a.m.
  • Good catch, beachy. Being accidentally correct is still correct, I guess. There are ignorant people on both sides of this argument, and they snagged one.

September 21, 2009 at 8:59 a.m.
  • I applaud Ms. Dudley's decision not to vaccinate her kids. However, I think it was irresponsible of the Advocate to allow her quote to be printed.

"I'd rather fight it with antibiotics than a trial injection."

Someone should have caught this error and made the point that antibiotics are ineffective against viruses. An uninformed public who demand antibiotics from their doctors, even when they are inappropriate, only leads to more instances of drug-resistant bacteria.

September 21, 2009 at 8:50 a.m.
  • Line up like good little guinea pigs (or lemmings?) and get your shots.

During the 1976 outbreak, more people died from the vaccine than from the disease itself, and over 500 people ended up with neuro-muscular disease due to the vaccine. Do your research before trusting these shots. This is one big govt-approved clinical trial.

Vintage fear mongering:

September 21, 2009 at 8:41 a.m.