Comments

• This school board has no idea who they are trying to get rid of. Coach Van has excelled at everything he has done for this school district. From cross country to volleyball and from track to softball, he has managed to improve the skill of each one of his athletes, all while building a sound eductional background for these kids, too. I have spoken with this coach, and he is as good as gold. Bloomington is lucky to have him. He needs to stay, for the kids' sake.

April 4, 2010 at 8:44 p.m.
  • Stingaree; Your story just goes to show that around this area of South Texas, folks who are in power in a school district, can really mess up a teacher's career at the drop of a hat.

April 4, 2010 at 12:15 p.m.
  • Seems a little strange that Vander Stucken success of 94% passing convinced them to non-renew his contract. Something doesn't seem right. They should be thankful that they have a good teacher that wants to teach at their school.

April 4, 2010 at 11:28 a.m.
  • My teacher union would not appear with me at the school board meeting at which I was to be "terminated". I was told their defense would follow termination. I was afraid. I had complied with the conditions of administrative leave point by point. I was told 24 hours prior to that board meeting that my only other option was to resign. I did resign my position of fourteen years in VISD (all very good evaluations). Later, two administrators commited perjury (simple yes, no answer) during a hearing conducted by a Texas Employment Commission appeals judge. I lost $8,000 in unemployment. This was all done without the knowledge of the school board.

April 4, 2010 at 10:26 a.m.
  • DOES SOMETHING SMELL FUNNY HERE?

April 3, 2010 at 9:48 p.m.
  • call your teacher union

April 3, 2010 at 7:39 p.m.