Home » Local Tea Party set for April 15 » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Mike.

Let me say something that will make me even more unpopluar by quoting Malcolm X.

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

April 9, 2010 at 4:43 p.m.
  • Lol..I don't work at it nor do I wear it as a badge of honor, but I know it comes with the territory...It's one of those "If you can't stand the heat" things.

April 9, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
  • Mike.

When I am right... I am right. I'm just being honest. I am very unpopluar person myself. I do not mind being unpopluar.

April 9, 2010 at 4:22 p.m.
  • Whoa..Don't make this thread about Mike,I choose to be a lowly poster with an opinion but you are right my posts,comments, *& blogs make me anything but popular..:-)

April 9, 2010 at 4:14 p.m.
  • Exresident.

At least Mike isn't like a certian poster who is a business owner. At Least Mike didn't sit on here saying " I am pro-Hillary", but switch to "McCain Democrat" and then "independent conservative". Unlike this so called businessman, Mike does NOT stick his finger in the air and join a side because he wanted to be popular.

April 9, 2010 at 4 p.m.
  • I've have been consistent with my rhetoric and most posters recognize that; unless their agenda is just to attack without provocation or documented facts.

Some recent posts:
    I hear you Shadow, but I am disenchanted with the Democrats because they lack the backbone to do what 69 million Americans wanted them to do.

Dec 17,2009 blog:What am I missing.

I am quite happy with the administration we have now and I have the patience to see this stimulus through (it might not work) and the voters will let them know it…

Nov 19,2009

In the two years leading up to the 2008 election I had plenty of time to observe and analyze the young senator and presidential candidate answering the tough questions on the campaign trail. I give Hillary Clinton a lot of credit for sharpening Barack Obama debating skills. I saw him grow from being a raw presidential candidate to a superb debater. His knowledge of the issues was leaps and bounds better than the seasoned veterans..IMO 69, million voters thought he had to right stuff to be president of United States

July 8,2009

The fact that President Obama has not repealed all of Bush’s anti-terror policies and MSNBC is reporting that the administration will not release the visitor's logs as he promised on the campaign, has started this string of displeasure. . The liberals don’t seem to care that this administration has only been in office for about six months, so they cannot completely dismantle ongoing procedures until they are completely sure of all the ramifications involved. The liberals go unnoticed because they lack the attack dogs like Paul Begala and James Carville, they once had.

June 6,2009

I don't expect an admittance of being wrong;not your style, nor will it deter you from using the same attack tactics in the future.
    Call them liars,call them back trackers ,admit no wrongdoing;that way you don't have to show your lack of knowledge...It's relatively easy to attack and name call.

There is more proof but I think posters will get the point.

April 9, 2010 at 2:28 p.m.
  • Mike, I didn't say he didn't weigh in. I was just restating my intentions. No complaints here.

April 9, 2010 at 2:02 p.m.
  • BSspotter
    Read again,Writein did weigh in on those subjects.

Come on BS,it's nine days after April Fools ;you are a Ron Paulite, so any move President Obama makes will worry you....Keep it real.

April 9, 2010 at 1:12 p.m.
  • Writein, I didn't mean to insinuate you didn't know anything about those topics. I just wanted you to weigh in on them.

April 9, 2010 at 12:35 p.m.
  • Writein

President Obama didn’t break my heart because I didn’t really believe all the campaign rhetoric and I know it takes time and sometimes there are some unforeseeable obstacles making it unwise at this time, and in this environment….Then there is the greed factor; we can’t have everything.

You are right, the pro-Gay rights, pro-choice, anti-war, immigration reform, environmental, and civil liberties liberals have been disappointed but the alternative would have been worse….I do believe before the president leaves office “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” will be repealed, another pro-choice jurist will replace the retiring Justice Stevens, we will be out of Iraq and starting to withdraw from Afghanistan, and a energy bill will be passed…We will probably start the immigration reform battle and he will at least try to fulfill most of his campaign promises..He did fulfill his biggest pledge by passing HCR.

April 9, 2010 at 12:04 p.m.
  • "I do object to inciting a riot, spreading falsehoods, hate speeches, encouraging violence, and things I heard and seen on television since last July."

I think everyone is against that kind of behavior, especially spitting on Congressman and calling them the "N" word. Oh wait, that never happened those stories were just a bunch of crap - aw shucks, you get my point.

The Tea Party, if I may, is concerned about the crazy, reckless, out of control government spending, why anyone would be concerned about that is beyond me. They are also concerned about how our great nation is being turned into a socialist / communist nanny state - man, I don't get it, why, why I say would anyone care about that, LOL!

And finally Mike, we have to put an end to this "trickle down" economics, once and for all. We need income redistribution - isn't that right comrade, Mike? Back me up here, OK Mike.

April 9, 2010 at 11:56 a.m.
  • Kash

Of course the media will show what stands out;that's their job but it's not like the Tea Party group is promoting alternatives..Perhaps they will influence elections but then those candidates have to produce.

April 9, 2010 at 11:16 a.m.
  • Will there be scones served with the tea? I do take two lumps of sugar in my cup and I'd prefer a china cup rather than a mug. Thanks.

April 9, 2010 at 11:07 a.m.
  • I was just curious why people always start bashing this group. And how many had any real information. It seems the media tends to show only the bad eggs (which you have in any group). I mean if you have ten apples and they are all good but one, does that mean all the apples are bad? I have heard many speak demeaning of the group but then can not tell me any facts.

April 9, 2010 at 11:03 a.m.
  • Kash
    I'll give you my personal opinion but it is partially based on what I see on the national front. Have I ever been to one? No, cause I'm not activist per say. An online blog or an occasional comment or two in the comment section is about as far as I go.

I don't see anything wrong with a local Tea party, town hall meeting or a city council meeting because exercising your free freedom of speech is what democracy is all about. I do object to inciting a riot, spreading falsehoods, hate speeches, encouraging violence, and things I heard and seen on television since last July. The local Tea Parties are peaceful but their attendance is dropping a according to our local newspaper; I think 400 attended the first meeting and about half of that attended the second meeting.

I don't know if the local Tea Party wants to mimic the national party movement or just set up a gripe forum.

How is my opinion based? I believe there are at least three national parities but the spokesmen I've heard from are Tom Tancredo,Sarah Palin,Glenn beck,Michelle Bachmann,Health Care lobbyist groups led by Tim Phillips and Dick Armey;not a list of people I want to be associated with.

April 9, 2010 at 8:53 a.m.
  • Permission? They don't need no stinking permission.

April 9, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.
  • Kash.

I based my opinion on a lot of things I see or hear. Mentality and motive are my two main reasons. The movement is embracing Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck. If they want my support they need to deounce those figures, the name calling, and offensive signs about the President’s background.

April 9, 2010 at 2:46 a.m.
  • I am asking anyone--negative or positive. And find out how opinions are based.

April 9, 2010 at 2:36 a.m.
  • Kash.

Are you asking me? I have a strong distrust of the Tea party movement. I am joining the Coffee Party.

April 9, 2010 at 2:11 a.m.
  • Have any of you attended a tea party function for yourself? Or do you go by what the media has chosen to show?

April 9, 2010 at 1:23 a.m.
  • BS Spotter.

If people (in this area and on HATE TALK RADIO) wasn’t attacking the President unjustly, then maybe I would be worry about the things you said. Before you say I do not have any knowledge of those items you present before me, I am aware of these issues. As far as The Cash for Clunkers program, I am not totally against it.

There is difference between worry and hate. I see the main opposition towards the President is based on fear and hate, not worry or concern.

Let me say this…I do not drink tea, I DRINK COFFEE. Where is the Coffee Party?

April 9, 2010 at 1:03 a.m.
  • Writein, are you the least bit disappointed in his extension of the Patriot Act, the Cash for Clunkers corporate welfare scheme, the effective nationalization of corporations, or the broken promises regarding transparency? These things worry me, and I hope they worry those who voted for him.

April 8, 2010 at 10:36 p.m.
  • Mike.

President Obama hasn’t broken my heart (with the exception of Health Care) as he did for the liberals.

Rollinstone.

Israel’s nukes are not on Israeli soil. Their nukes are underwater in their submarines. Mike is right, Israel can not go around Iraq to attack Iran.

April 8, 2010 at 10:11 p.m.
  • Now we have Netanyahu cancelling his trip to the US because Egypt and Turkey want to raise the issue of Israel signing the NPT...

April 8, 2010 at 9:56 p.m.
  • Israel faced with nuclear annihilation, will probably use nuclear weapons and not on bunkers, but on cities. That will take just a few strike aircraft. I would be surprised if they don't already have it planned out. They are extremely resourceful - survival requires it.

Our recent treatment of Netanyahu has left them even more isolated and threatened. And more likely to do something like we are talking about.

And in your usual manner Mike, you like to put words in other peoples mouth to support your opinions. I never said I wanted to bomb Iran. What I said is it may happen whether we want it or not. Iran with a nuclear weapon is something that Israel can not live with.

April 8, 2010 at 6:45 p.m.
  • I am leaving for the night but this is a cut & paste reference that might benefit those advocating an attack on Iran..They should know the basics.

The study analyzes three possible flight routes and concludes that the optimal and most likely one is the northern one that passes along the Syria-Turkey border, cuts across the northeastern edge of Iraq and leads into Iran. The central route passes over Jordan and is shorter, but would not be chosen for fear of political trouble with the Jordanians. Using the southern route, which passes over Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Iraq, might likewise lead to political entanglements.

To prevent the aircraft being detected en route to Iran, the IAF would use advanced technology to invade and scramble communication networks and radar devices in the countries over which the F-15s and F-16s fly, so even though dozens of planes would pass through the countries' airspace, they will not be detected. According to the authors, the IAF used this technology in the raid on the Syrian nuclear reactor in Dayr az-Zawr, in September 2007. A hacker system was installed on two Gulfstream G550 aircraft that the IAF bought in recent years.

A strike mission on the three nuclear facilities would require no fewer than 90 combat aircraft, including all 25 F-15Es in the IAF inventory and another 65 F-16I/Cs. On top of that, all the IAF's refueling planes will have to be airborne: 5 KC-130Hs and 4 B-707s. The combat aircraft will have to be refueled both en route to and on the way back from Iran. The IAF will have a hard time locating an area above which the tankers can cruise without being detected by the Syrians or the Turks.

Got to go.

April 8, 2010 at 6:01 p.m.
  • Go back learn about air space ,refueling,logistics,protocal etc.

U.S. President George W. Bush deflected Israel's secret request last year for bunker-busting bombs it wanted for an attack on Iran's main nuclear complex, saying he had authorized covert action to sabotage Tehran's suspected atomic weapons development, The New York Times said.

Citing U.S. and foreign officials, the Times reported on Saturday the White House was unable to determine whether Israel had decided to carry out the strike before Washington objected or whether Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was trying to get Bush to act more decisively before he leaves office this month.

I know with all of your distinguished military service you know a lot more than Zbigniew Brzezinski (national security adviser during the Carter administration), when he said "They have to fly over our airspace in Iraq."..I will go with Brezezinski's knowledge.

It just seems they wouldn't come to ask for permission if they didn't have to.

April 8, 2010 at 5:46 p.m.
  • Mike thanks for that promotion to general, after all I think I earned it. It fits in perfectly with my Nobel Prize I'm expecting soon.

Your assertion about Israel needing "permission" to fly over Iraq kind of reminds me of the movie "Blazing Saddles" when Taggert has to send somebody back to get a s#@t load of dimes to get through the toll gate to Rock Ridge.

BTW, Israel does not need to fly over Iraq to get to Iran - check your maps Field Marshall, sir.

April 8, 2010 at 5:32 p.m.
  • Sorry BS,context is everything "want" and "will" is a goof on my part..I hope you believe me;it was not intentional..Sorry.

April 8, 2010 at 3:13 p.m.
  • BSspotter

Thanks for your civil reply..Let me start by saying that President Obama has proven time and time again he will not succumb to the wishes of the anti-war left or his base for that matter. He has broken their hearts by sending additional troops to Afghanistan, maintaining states secrets rights, permanent detention and FISA court policies & the Patriot Act to name a few…I am not convinced (not that it matters) using drones inside a sovereign country to kill our enemy is legal. Is it alright to have a “shoot to kill” order on American citizens overseas?...Again, not that my opinion matters.

You see, I have the same worries you have, but I don’t trust my imagination as much as you seem to trust yours but I must admit I was really scared when Vice President Cheney had the missile launch codes when president Bush was hospitalized that one day. I was afraid I was going to wake up ,come downstairs, flip on the TV and find out that we had just attacked Iran…A few months ago I heard the ex-vice president say he was one the side of those that wanted to attack Iran.,..Whew!

BTW I won't disagree that the plans are at the Pentagon(along with several others) but I don't think we intend to bomb Iran.

April 8, 2010 at 3:05 p.m.
  • Mike, I said, "Our government WANTS to bomb Iran".

April 8, 2010 at 2:47 p.m.
  • Rollingstone
    Instead of trying to mock every post I make; why don’t you spend more time learning about the subject you posting about..Slow day on Rush?

My post was directed at BSspotter and I just repeated what the Joint Chief Stated., Did you even bother to read it? BS said OUR government was going to attack Iran.

Now ,in order for Israel to attack Iran they would need our permission to fly over Iraq…All you Bill Crystal’s wannabes need to think about this…Would the Sunni & the Shia of Iraq want the U.S. to give Israel that permission?For Israeli airplanes to reach Iran they have to travel over Iraq - namely, over an area controlled by U.S. forces. This means that choosing such a route will have to include a U.S.-Israel understanding because our air force patrols that region, not to mention the radar on the air craft carriers…An attack without our knowing or approval is highly unlikely but even our military will not rule that out.

I don’t think it matters what you think of Obama..That doesn’t make him or break him, General Rollingstone

Unstable (if you read something other than Drudge) means the shipping lanes that Iran will be able to tie-up and the discomfort the Arab Nations will have if and when Iran gets the bomb; then it will open the door for Jordon, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt to start an arms race…

Attacking Iran is more than just blowing up stuff; it’s a bit more complicated.

April 8, 2010 at 1:52 p.m.
  • Mike, gosh darn it you wear so many hats. Now you've put on your Field Marshall's military strategist hat. Iran will not be attacked by Obama, that's for sure, they will be attack by Israel. They have learned through experience that if someone says they are going to "wipe them off the face of the earth" you can bet the Jews will take them at their word.

When (not if) Iran gets a nuclear weapon the entire mideast will become unstable....uh, I mean, like more than it is now, if that's possible and I'm sure it is. Israel will not waste their time going after deep bunkers. They will decapitate whatever is above ground including the leadership.

It is no secret that during the first Gulf War Israel was taxiing out planes loaded with nuclear weapons after Saddam started shooting Scuds at them. Ths is high stakes poker and I have little faith that Obama knows how to play.

April 8, 2010 at 1:22 p.m.
  • 1) My statement that “Rahm is a slippery fella with unfavorable goals” is very obviously subjective. I deem his stances on compulsory service, globalism in general, and a few other debatable issues to be “unfavorable”. Do I need to prove his connections to Israel?
    2) I’m only going off of published reports of sanctions & military buildup pointing to some level of future engagement with Iran, a la the Iraq War. “Shock & awe” in Iraq was foreseeable if one had paid attention to government rhetoric being channeled through the media? Could a decrease in forces in Iraq & Afghanistan result in an increase elsewhere?
    3) I’ll believe the MIC doesn’t have a hold on the government when the military budget decreases measurably instead of increasing like it did from 2009 to 2010. We shall see.
    4) Let me restate: “Historically, sanctions are acts of war with innocent civilian casualties”. My point is that sanctions can galvanize countries in opposition to their oppressors, giving a mandate to their leader to take desperate measures. If the sanction levels ever reach those imposed on Iraq in 1990(-ish), Iranians will need someone to blame for their dead babies.
    5) Yes, I’m using it as a negative because that seems to be the nature of the outcome.
    6) Nor is the improvable justification of “avoid[ing] worldwide conflict”. What’s interesting is the Wikipedia entry for “what’s past is prologue”, which states “The phrase is also commonly used by the military when discussing the similarities between war throughout history.” I only knew the phrase to be credited to Shakespeare and wouldn’t have guessed it to have quite so much relevance.

I’m perfectly aware of our new Chief. I’m also aware that the anti-war left is on sabbatical, so I find no comfort in what will probably prove to be lip service to peace. I genuinely hope you’re correct, though. I don’t want him to fail at achieving sustainable peace (that doesn’t require more global governance).

April 8, 2010 at 12:06 p.m.
  • BSspotter said"My statement isn't even substantiated enough to be considered a "conspiracy theory". It falls into the "it wouldn't surprise me" category.

No BSspotter, instead of submitting another goon; actual facts supported with resources would be a great start.

1. Rahm may not be the Boy Scout leader of the year but you never submitted any evidence to support your accusation…Seems to be status quo
    2. Again, evidence is key...I heard a good explanation by the Joint Chiefs as to why we will not attack Iran: (1) We would unite the civilian population with the current regime as “a country first stand.”... (2) The location of the nuclear material is buried so deep that a bombing strike would only delay their efforts and they would be up & running in a matter of months (3) we have troops in Iraq & Afghanistan, a military strike would endanger them(4)oil prices would rise;putting a strain on our fragile economy(5) We don't have rock solid evidence they are making a bomb.
    3. The influence of Military –Industrial Complex is losing it hold..i.e. Sec. Gates recently cut funding for F22, we are exiting Iraq, and last I heard our deadline for the stay in Afghanistan is still on schedule.
    4. Sanctions are an act of war..So is taking steps to avoid a worldwide conflict..What’s your point?
    5. Governments take advantage of crisis..Are you using the word “advantage” as a negative?
    6. A repeat of history is not a strategy or evidence of one.
    You seem to forget we have a new Commander-in-Chief, who will not listen to the neocons or warmongering generals. President Obama believes in nuclear nonproliferation treaties; and is one who will use diplomacy instead of preemptive strikes.

April 8, 2010 at 10:09 a.m.
  • Mike, Writein,

I brought together the following things to produce this fun little prognostication:
    1) Rahm is a slippery fella with unfavorable goals & Israeli connections
    2) Our government wants to bomb Iran
    3) The influence of the Military-Industrial Complex spans administrations
    4) Sanctions are acts of war
    5) Governments take advantage of crises
    6) The past is prologue

If you don't like my inclusion of Rahm, feel free to strike #1 and substitute some other goon.

April 8, 2010 at 7:34 a.m.
  • BS Spotter.

You know, I would have said something about the Mink Coat Mob and a couple of offensive signs at Tea party rallys, I would be branded as causing trouble and playing the "race card".

Since you said what you have said, I find it odd that no one is saying anything toward you. No one is asking you "Where's the proof".

So I have to ask you since you annoy me with Matt Ocker sign, where is the PROOF about bombing IRAN??????

I want a straight up answer from you.

April 8, 2010 at 5:21 a.m.
  • BSspotter, I know you are a collector of conspiracy theories but this one has to take the cake…Rahm Emanuel reluctantly took the job of Chief of Staff because he had his sights on three positions: (1) Mayor of Chicago (2) Speaker of the House (3) US senator…A chief of staff, commands a 14 hour day, making deals, mending fences and keeping the president abreast of everything that is going on…The president,vice-president,Secretary of State ,Joint Chief of Staff ,congress and countless presidential advisers do not want to attack Iran, and you think he is going to listen exclusively to Rahm Emanuel..How naive.

The comparison of Emanuel to Dick Cheney was hilarious and uninformed…The vice president had his own intelligence gathering agency, President Bush gave him a lot of authority and Dick Cheney is making the circuit talking about those powers he had…Having the president’s ear is one thing; the power to act is another.

April 7, 2010 at 9:24 a.m.
  • Folks, whatever you think about the health care reform, one thing's for sure -- it creates a great diversion from things they might be planning behind the scenes. I'm still waiting for Rahm Emanuel (Obama's Dick Cheney) to reach for his brass ring and concoct some Rumsfeldian scheme to bomb Iran. I think he's in the cabinet for his Israeli connections, so time will tell what sort of needless destruction that will bring. I've always been more worried about him than Obama & Clinton combined.

April 6, 2010 at 9:38 p.m.
  • exresident, Geesh, chill out sweetie. So what if my grammar don’t look to good?
    Hadn’t been reamed out like that since the nuns caught me telling Cheech & Chong Pope jokes.
    Ever hear the vampire tea bag joke? Guaranteed to leave you hanging by a string.

April 6, 2010 at 8:13 p.m.
  • Another stupid Congressman who I don't think belongs to the Tea Party - they just seem to be in the woodwork somehow.

April 6, 2010 at 2:30 p.m.
  • I stand for CONSERVATIVE working class Americans across the United States. I will take on the issues of taxation without representation, the over-taxing of the working class for the purpose of wealth redistribution.We can no longer sit back and let our government spend our hard earned money on those who choose to be non-producers of society. We must stand united and let our voices be our weapon. We The People must remind our elected officials, that those who have put them in office, can & will take them away. We will not be deterred until our borders are secured, illegal immigration is controlled and we return to a free market where government does not control our banks, corporations or health care. We need to support our military and veterans who so bravely keep our nations interests secure.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    Thomas Jefferson

April 6, 2010 at 12:27 p.m.
  • I'm anxious to see if it'll be a replay of our first two Boston Tea Party mockeries:
    www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/ju...

April 6, 2010 at 12:05 p.m.
  • "Hey, even codearchitect shares your sentiments judging by the manner in which the two of you are patting each other on the back..."

:-) I am not above stooping low to amuse myself from time to time ;-)

April 6, 2010 at 11:19 a.m.
  • The Tea Party is just full of dumb people, right we get it. But unfortunately there are more stupid people out there and they're in Congress and they aren't in the Tea Party, so what gives?

April 6, 2010 at 11:08 a.m.
  • Code, this bunch is so much fun. Wanna bet they’re all gonna sent the messiah their tax money before they go “special.”

I'm otta here till this P.M.

April 6, 2010 at 9:52 a.m.
  • @GOP

I set 'em up, you knock 'em down ;-)

April 6, 2010 at 9:46 a.m.
  • The ”special bus” will be loading passengers at the children’s “special education’s fairy tale” park.

April 6, 2010 at 9:43 a.m.
  • Will there be a special bus to take people to the special events area?

April 6, 2010 at 9:31 a.m.
  • Like the Minutemen, The so-called Tea Party will be nothing more than a sorry foot note in history.
    Nothing more than a disorganized bunch of white republicans whose leaders reminds me of the old joke about the blind man in a fish market.

April 6, 2010 at 9:28 a.m.
  • I like this and will attend.

April 6, 2010 at 7:13 a.m.