Comments

April 14, 2010 at 12:40 p.m.
  • My heart breaks for this family/friends/co-workers in the midst of their tragedy. May God give you strength during this very difficult time.

April 12, 2010 at 6:11 p.m.
  • I totally agree with Wendy!
    It was an honor to work & become friends with such a wonderful woman! She will be greatly missed. My heart & prayers go out to her family.

April 10, 2010 at 9:54 a.m.
  • FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO SAY TO HER FAMILY THAT I AM SO SORRY FOR THE TREMEDOUS LOSS THAT WE HAVE HAD. MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU. I HAVE KNOWN INEZ FOR 20 YEARS. WE GO BACK TO FRESHMAN YEAR AT STROMAN. SHE WAS ONE OF THE MOST GENUINE PERSONS THAT I HAVE COME ACROSS. SHE WAS A A WONDERFUL PERSON. SHE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.

PATRICIA HERNANDEZ

April 10, 2010 at 8:57 a.m.
  • People, a person died!! And there are some COMPLAINING about comments that were deleted and details on how the police handle TRAFFIC?! How petty!
    If you don't have anything decent to write, don't write anything at ALL, please! Have compassion for the family!
    I came on to send the link to a friend and now I'm not sure I want to.

April 10, 2010 at 6:17 a.m.
  • Wendy.

Well said, wendy, well said.

April 10, 2010 at 1:10 a.m.
  • What a tragic story. My prayers go out to the family, friends and co-workers. So sorry about the posts that had to be removed. This is the only complaint I have about the online version of the VA. People are allowed to post ugly attacks and be totally rude and hurtful. I most likely will not buy the online version of the VA because of this. Someone said that was coming in September. Again, my prayers are with you all.

April 10, 2010 at 12:36 a.m.
  • My heart and prayers go out to her family. Inez was a wonderful person.

April 9, 2010 at 10:59 p.m.
  • I don't know what everyone is talking about on this thread, but I will tell you this: I worked with Inez, or Nezzie as some of us lovingly called her. I saw her as recently as hugging her Tuesday when I went to the store. I don't care what anyone has to say besides offering condolences to her family, friends and whoever loved her for the beautiful person she was.

Inez was a wonderful human being with a heart and soul made of pure gold. She was the type of person who you could NEVER be mad at. Despite the day she was having, she always had a smile on her face. I feel blessed that I was fortunate enough to know her, hang out with her one time and had lunch with her a few times. I feel blessed that she saw me as a friend. She cared deeply for her family and friends.

So regardless of what anyone is saying on this post aside from condolences, it does not matter. What matters is that we, her family and friends, lost someone who we loved with all our hearts.

April 9, 2010 at 9:21 p.m.
  • Sure, ex, take off. I'll follow.

April 9, 2010 at 7:02 p.m.
  • Ex,

I really do see your point about the private property thing. But what would have been the alternative? To have all the traffic back up and just sit until this could be cleared, or the Baytown owner could be contacted to give permission?

The nearest public street detour would have been at John Stockbauer, and that would have been way out of the way, possibly several miles for some. As it was, the disabled portion of the road was from Teakwood to the first entrance of the Baytown parking lot, perhaps four to five car lengths.

Yes, traffic was a bit slow, but really not any worse than it is any other morning if I do not leave by 7:30 a.m. for work.

And I am not so sure that in the case of emergencies and other public safety issues, private lands can be used without first securing the owners' permission. I can remember as a child a time when it flooded on Hwy. 77 between here and Refugio. We were detoured through the Braman's Ranch around the flood waters.

(and for the record, have you seen the parking lot at Baytown? Not the best one in Victoria...)

April 9, 2010 at 6:32 p.m.
  • Since this article is about the loss of a young person, I express my sympathy to her friends and family.

Keeping in mind that someone has lost a life, Ex, write your complaints about the situation some place else. Let this woman's family receive sympathy and empathy, not your anger.

April 9, 2010 at 6:10 p.m.
  • This happened at the end of my street. It was very sobering passing by on my way to work this morning, and that was before I learned the lady had died. Yes, we were detoured through the parking lot at Baytown Seafood, but it was no problem; they are closed at 8:00 a.m., and everyone was very orderly.

It was very sad to drive by this evening. There is a small cross with some flowers placed near the ditch. May this young woman rest in peace.

April 9, 2010 at 5:54 p.m.
  • I don' think this is the place to criticize law enforcement for creating a delay. This poor woman died before it was her time. The police did their job of not only investigating it thouroughly, but to bring closure to her family. I do not mind being delayed or inconveinenced. It is important to investigate this by dotting the i's and crossing the t's. The same ones who gripe about being stuck in traffic are the same to gripe if the police don't investigate enough. I apologize to this woman's family for the callous remarks made by a few...

April 9, 2010 at 5:51 p.m.
  • exresident.... Seems like you forgot about your own display of poor taste from this morning... Your critical comments (responding with justataxpayer) said that "It's all about asserting control justataxpayer, nothing more. Gotta remind those plebs just who the boss is around here! Kinda reminds me of holding everyone up behind a "train" to write tickets when they step out of line... "

Seriously? Seems like the cops were doing what we pay them to do and investigate a tragic car crash (I'm sure this is not something they, or anyone enjoys) and you gotta write some smack about how they are trying to find out how this young lady died? You must be very, very proud of yourself.

April 9, 2010 at 5:26 p.m.
  • exresident

In my comment I said nothing about being better or above anybody. Get the facts before you write your opinions is the kind and right thing to do. The family and friends of Inez didn't need to read the early morning post. I am thankful the advocate took them off.

April 9, 2010 at 4:50 p.m.
  • So sorry for your loss. May peace be with the family.

April 9, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.

April 9, 2010 at 4:21 p.m.
  • My heart goes out to her family members & co-workers at Wal-Mart!

April 9, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.