Comments

• Dr. Flowers is a wonderful doctor!!! One thing about this article, however is incorrect, and we were discussing this with Dr. Flowers, just this morning... The lab at JCH has all new, state of the art equipment for labs. We do everything that is commonly done on site at local hospitals. We have a brand new urinalysis machine, as well as a brand new Siemens Chemistry Analyzer. Our coagulation EXL machine is used by quite a few hospitals around. Our CBC analyzer is also brand new... We are adding some drug testing to the chem. analyzer so time will be shortened in an emergency as per Dr. Flowers' request.

Something I've noticed about JCH in Edna, is the wait time is shortened. If you would like an outpatient lab done, we do it at YOUR convenience. Weekends included.

Kudos to Dr. Flowers!!! He has an awesome RAINDANCE, too!!!

April 21, 2010 at 4:44 p.m.
  • It's Uncle Jeff! Miss you!

April 20, 2010 at 9:30 a.m.
  • One of the finest, kindest, benevolent and competent physicans I ever had the pleasure of being a patient of. That drawl, those boots, that comforting hand on my shoulder along with his patience, humor and big heart always made me feel better no matter what the diagnosis. I cried when he left private practice to continue at Citizens. There will never be another gentle giant of a physician like Doc Flowers. He has some mighty big shoes, ah, boots that I figure will never be able to be filled with the same down-home horse sense and compassion. Not only is Doctor Flowers an amazing physician and old time healer, ths man is a wonderful testimony to rearing, providing for and loving, not only his biological children but the many children he and his wife fostered and adopted. Kudos to Victoria Advocate for this interview and update on a wonderful, wonderful human being.

April 20, 2010 at 7:20 a.m.
  • its a fact,would be rare indeed to find another so careing and kind with a sense of humor that wont quit-almost makes ya want to feel bad just so you can go shoot the bull with him.edna,indeed is honored to have such a grand doctor.

April 20, 2010 at 6:56 a.m.
  • Dr Flowers is one of the best doctors I've known. I wish we could have more around like him. All these young Drs could take a lesson from Dr Flowers.

April 20, 2010 at 6:42 a.m.
  • I could not believe what I saw (Dr. Flowes) in the paper, what a surprise. Dr. Flowers is a very good Dr. and Victoria misses him.I think I need to use Edna ER.

April 20, 2010 at 5:20 a.m.
  • What a great article. I had no idea Dr. Flowers was practicing medicine. Wish he was in private practice. Still very handsome. Thank you for posting, this is really enjoyable to read.

April 20, 2010 at 1:28 a.m.