Home » Victoria gang task force arrests 36 » Unverified Comments

Comments

• I totally agree on sage1 comment , the school district is not
    responsible. All educators have to tollorate so much from
    kids,it all comes down on the homelife. If kids dont get attention
    at home. Then trust me there will be someone out there on the
    the streets to teach them the thug life. It's sad because when a
    crime is commited..... guess who has their backs, when they
    murder or are murdered , guess which homies has their backs
    NO ONE!!!! The gang life is blood in blood out!!! Victoria has
    gotten so bad that this is why I moved out of this town!

April 24, 2010 at 5:28 p.m.
  • sag1..."thewaywardwind: Well, I wish they would all come on over to my house..."

But notall at once...We wouldn't want you overwhelmed.

April 22, 2010 at 2:36 p.m.
  • I've seen a lot of gangsters - I almost was one. The problem stems from home. Plain and simple. I have had several students in gangs approach me distraught. They want to get out of a gang - but how do they when their father, uncle, grandfather, and brothers are in it? It can be a family affair. Furthermore, gangs offer something a lot of families in our area don't: love, brotherhood, and an "I've got your back and you've got my back" mentality. They recruit the young kids more easily when they come from families that have weak bonds. If you want to stop it where it starts - don't look at schools, look at home.

miaud032244: I agree with you.

April 21, 2010 at 8:35 p.m.
  • darlins64: I just don't agree that it should be the school district's responsibility to start an anti-gang task force. Schools were implemented to provide an education, not fight gangs...that is the police's job and the community's. As a school employee (now you know something personal about me), I am a little tired of people suggesting it is the school's job to do everything. We are supposed to be the child protective services, food and nutrition services, crisis counselors, career advisors, entertainers, disabilty experts, providers of school supplies, and finally, educators. You have no idea how many hours are put into just the education side of schooling. It is literally a 60-80 hour a week job. 40 hours is spent in school (with a 30 minute lunch break), and most of us spend approximately 2 hours after school tutoring and at least 2 more hours at home grading and planning. Summers are not as busy, but don't be deceived, we work then, too. Put ONE more thing on our shoulders and they will break. Period.

April 21, 2010 at 8:21 p.m.
  • After all the gang related murders in Victoria, cases solved and
    unsolved , and other gang related crimes they commit. Finally
    VPD are cracking down on gang violence.... This sould have been
    done years ago.

April 21, 2010 at 5:12 p.m.
  • Why don't they -- LEO's and VISD personnel -- start and anti-gang taskforce at the school level... nip it in the bud.!?! The gang presence is very obvious starting in Elementary but worse at the middle school and high school level.

Doubt it? Go sit in the parking lot after school at Patti Welder, Howell and Crain. Watch the different gangs congregate --

The district can say they have banned "colors"... well these bangers aren't total morons.. they've figured out ways to identify themselves... if I can figure it out so can the school personnel!

April 21, 2010 at 12:36 p.m.
  • The old saying is "If it looks like a Duck, Quacks like a Duck, Walks like a Duck" you have to assume it's a Duck. Bangers stand out like a sore thumb. You rat them off everytime you see two or more together. You band together and inform them that it's our town, not theirs. You set up neighborhood watches and let them know you watching. You deport the illegal bangers back to whence they came.

April 20, 2010 at 4:14 p.m.
  • thewaywardwind: Well, I wish they would all come on over to my house...

April 20, 2010 at 3:03 p.m.
  • sage1..." Aren't they out-numbered and out-gunned by the general public in the town? Surely, there are more of us than there are of them"

Yep, we've got'em out-numbered and out-gunned. BUT -- Unless one invades your home, if you shoot one of'em, it's gonna be YOUR butt in a sling. The cops frown on people taking out the scum unless it's out of your house.

April 20, 2010 at 2:30 p.m.
  • it amazes me how our town will allow the members of these gangs intimidate the local residents into not reporting the activities. There is no fear left in our youth bc our citizens hold the fear. WELL done task force-- just don't stop now-- keep it up- support the general population

April 20, 2010 at 2:17 p.m.
  • VPD and VSO, you are to be commended. This is real police work, and I bet the officers are happier to. Good Job.

April 20, 2010 at 11:51 a.m.
  • I realize I am probably very bad for saying this because it sounds like vigilantilism, but I don't understand how gangs can run towns. Aren't they out-numbered and out-gunned by the general public in the town? Surely, there are more of us than there are of them.

April 20, 2010 at 11:25 a.m.
  • Great job VPD. This is only 4 or 5 streets and just a small number of arrest. If the general public really knew the whole story. A full time gang task force is absolutely needed to combat the hundreds and hundreds of gang members running the streets in this town.

April 20, 2010 at 10:37 a.m.
  • Stay on top of this Victoria, lest you become another Corpus Christi who has lost this war.

April 20, 2010 at 10:08 a.m.
  • Excellent job by VSO and VPD now target the drivers in this town, they are a problem also!

April 20, 2010 at 9:13 a.m.
  • Well done. I pray that Law Enforcement in Victoria continues the crack down day and night. More people need to go to jail. This city is rampant with the thug element. Chief Ure, T.Michael O'Conner and all the men and women of law enforcement are very much appreciated. Now that you made a dent, push harder and drive these no goods from their dens. Stay safe and keep up the good work.

April 20, 2010 at 12:23 a.m.
  • Hobbits

April 19, 2010 at 11:11 p.m.
  • I'm dying to know what you meant by "Kinfolk in Victoria"

April 19, 2010 at 10:52 p.m.
  • Great work! Although I believe it to be a long and hard task to accomplish since recruitment for future gang memebers is starting as early as 6th grade. But a safer city is always a plus and to see the local sheriff department and police department doing what they can is a thumbs up for me.

April 19, 2010 at 10:20 p.m.
  • Thirty-six arrests. Well, it's a start. Keep it up. Taking back the streets from the thugs is the kind of thing that taxpayers want to see from the police.

April 19, 2010 at 8:57 p.m.
  • Great job VPD and VSO! Keep up the great work. Do it every day and night until the thugs realize they are not getting anywhere in Victoria and move on. Time to clean house.

April 19, 2010 at 7:56 p.m.