Comments

• Writein,

I am not attempting to talk pass you. I do not see how this in unconstitutional, if you are pulled over for a traffic violation, or out in the middle of the dessert, or if the border patrol finds a person of interest out on a ranch and you don’t work there or own it. Why should we not be able to ask any person for ID? When I am pulled over, I am asked for my ID. Now when I was a kid, and was found out doing things that I should not being doing and looked like I MIGHT be up to something, then I have had a police officer come up to me ask me what I was doing, where I lived, and if I had any ID on me. This has been going on for ever and it is the local and federal officer’s job to do this, it’s what we pay them to do. Keep us safe. If the person stopped with reasonable suspicion and is found to be doing nothing wrong and is not an illegal, then they should have nothing to worry about. That goes for ANY PERSON of ANY DESCENT.

May 4, 2010 at 8:33 a.m.
  • Citizen.

Again Citizen, you talking pass me and not with me.

How can I call it unconstitutional, because IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Just because there is a Federal Law doesn’t mean it is constitutional. Legal persons, I repeat LEGAL PERSONS, should NOT have to show their ID within this Country. WITHOUT DUE PROCESS!!!!! PASSPORTS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I AM SAYING.

May 3, 2010 at 1:58 p.m.
  • Writein

How can you call it unconstitutional, when it has been a FEDERAL law for more than 50 years? The point I was trying to make with the pass port issue is, that for me as an American Citizen I must carry a pass port showing that I am an American Citizen, so why should Legal / Illegal persons not be required o carry some form of documentation show that they are legal / illegal. As for the Civil War comment, I am just sick and tired of the bitching and crying by BOTH SIDES day in and day out about racial issues or profiling. And FYI, I don’t clam to be conservative or Liberal just an individual that misses the simplicity of a so called normal Leave It to Beaver Life style.

May 3, 2010 at 8 a.m.
  • Citizen.

Let me add this as well. It is dangerous for you to suggest Volience and Civil War against those who disagree with you. Just because you are conservative doesn't mean you are more American than anyone else.

May 2, 2010 at 11:01 p.m.
  • Citizen.

Ok lets talk. Do you want the Short answers or the long ones? I choose short answers for tonight.

1) I have so many issues with the law, that I would have to write a blog posting on this. I think the law is just another plan to derail the President in 2012. Second, I believe the state has not authority to enforce border laws as subscribe in the Constitution. Third, I believe the Governors of Texas and AZ are cowardly in shifting blame instead of using their own duties as their state’s commander-in-chief to use the National Guard and Militia.

2) In the law it says “ Reasonable suspicion” . Hispanic-Americans among the border have strong family ties with those across the border. Some of them have thick Mexican accent and cultural habits.

3) Look at number #2.

4) What are you talking about? Passports has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I am trying to speak up on behalf of Americans of Mexican descent.

5) Because it is racist, immoral, and UNCONSTITIONAL, pure and simple. I, as an African-American, do not have prove to you or anyone else for being an American. Especially when I already know I am one. Second it goes against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the 4th Amendment, and the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

May 2, 2010 at 10:37 p.m.
  • Writein,

Okay, we will try this talking thing.

1. What is your issue with the law that AZ has passed?
    2. What is the state of AZ doing to the Mexican Americans or any other person of descent that is profiling?
    3. Please explain to me how this is profiling against the Mexican Americans, when we are just enforcing the laws?
    4. Explain to me the difference, between a US citizen being required to have a pass port to travel back and forth to the US and any other country?
    5. Why is it such a huge problem for the US to require the Mexican Americans and or any other person of any descent be required to show proof of legal US citizenship ?

May 2, 2010 at 7:16 p.m.
  • Citzen.

How about you talk with me instead of trying to talk pass me? My problem is not about the illegals, but actions of the state towards to Hispanic Americans. That is the issue.

May 1, 2010 at 8:05 p.m.
  • Writein,

You complain about the AZ law and that it is profiling. What about the fact that I need a pass port to go over to Mexico or anywhere outside of the United States on Vacation, and if I don’t have one I can NOT come back in without a Hassel and I am an AMERICAN BORN CITIZEN. Now tell me what the hell the difference is between what we are asking of the citizens of AZ. NOT A DAMN THING. So if you’re here illegally then you should be sent home. If you enter the US the right way, and I will not have PROBLEM! So as to LULAC on this protest, they are wrong and just doing what they do at least 50% of the time, and that is CRY RASICT!!

May 1, 2010 at 6:34 p.m.
  • Rick Gomez.

Navieism is a part of the problem here. If the law was fair and justed, the law should have targeted companies, firms, and even the Catholic Church that hire illegals as well.

May 1, 2010 at 5:55 p.m.
  • It's not just illegal immigrants, we are importing criminals from all over latin america and the rest of the world. We have enough criminals we don't need any more.

May 1, 2010 at 3:16 p.m.
  • LocalGirl, I’m not sure when and how I became known as the grand supporter of allowing anyone to come into my country illegally. I never made a single reference to that being the case. I thought where I was coming from was pretty obvious, so I don’t feel the need to further explain that point.

And the hay bale comparison wasn’t really an apples to apples comparison at all, it was just my attempt at being sarcastical (I know that’s not really a word).

So before anyone else tries to proclaim me the “Imperial Wizard of Illegal Entries”, please remember that I am in the court of not favoring it either.

I can’t play here any more, my yard is in dire need of attention.

May 1, 2010 at 12:50 p.m.
  • "...illegal immigrants apparently hauling bales of marijuana along a major smuggling corridor in southern Arizona."

Rick, these guys weren't hauling hay.

One of the easiest way for any terrioist to get into the US, not hispanic, so don't pull the race card on this statement, is to come through the underprotected borders. So MAYBE, the checking of IDs won't just stop illegals who are coming here to work BUT also the terrorists who are sneaking in the back door.

Another thought is that our citizens who are losing their lives to the illegal crossers deserve to be protected from people who will stop at nothing to take over this country and flush it down the toilet like they have done to their own homeland. Many border guards have had death threats to themselves and their families. Because of this, their families now have been moved inland away from the borders. Border guards' neighborhoods/houses have been identified and known to the "big" smugglers of both humans and drugs. Nasty business to try to keep the citizens of the US safe.

My husband and I have been stopped (liscense plate light out) in the dark and we are sure that we were being checked out. We had no problem with providing id and insurance papers for the car. It's like when I shop and I walk to the exit and an employee stops me to check my receipt against what is in my basket. I have nothing to fear, as I have proof that I paid for all my merchandise. Stop me all you want and everyone else, because a few people seem to steal more than they pay for and the rest of us have to make up the difference.

Was I profiled? Nope, just following procedures. What ever guidelines it takes to reclaim our country from the people who want to turn it into a mirror example of the wrecked environment of their own, bring it on.

To address the poster who used the "They came for me" sentiments, come on. No one wants you or anyone who is here legally. Come to our country through the proper channels, contribute to society, make a better life here for yourselves, and enrich all of our lives by your contributions to culture, arts, etc.

May 1, 2010 at 9:16 a.m.
  • CItzen.

You want a Civil War huh? If I would said that you and your local right wing cohorts on here would try to get me banned. SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!!

May 1, 2010 at 4:53 a.m.
  • I get it N45, if you’re not with us you’re with the terrorist’s right? I guess all crime ever committed you can now attribute to those damn illegal’s. It’s a bit of a stretch to compare what you just posted with an American lawfully driving on a city street. But hey, I have had hay bales in the back of my truck. Guilty, I guess, pull me over.

I do agree with one of your comments. Why don’t we enforce the laws we currently have in place?

Nice attempt at trying to make me look like a criminal protecting low life though.

April 30, 2010 at 10:41 p.m.
  • Pilot I know you are not naïve enough to believe that law enforcement only pulls over people that they think are breaking the law. Even if you said you could guarantee it, what would you base your opinion on? I was stopped one evening because the officer thought I had come too close to a curb. And no, I don’t own a low rider (unless a Vette counts) and I do not wear baggy jeans and blue or red shirts because I’m a blood or a crip. Not that I need you to believe me, but the fact is it wasn’t true. I was allowed to go, but then again I shouldn’t have been stopped to begin with.

Our home was broken into a few years ago and our television was stolen. My oldest son noticed our set in the street as he drove into our neighborhood and called the police. Our son waited by the set and when the police arrived they came at him with guns pointed “at him.” So I’m a little concerned that not all officers are built the same.

I’m not a cop hater by any means. I have relatives that are in law enforcement. I also know that I am not going to change your opinion with anything I have to say. But if the shoe were on the other foot you might feel a little differently. I guess we will never know for sure though will we?

April 30, 2010 at 9:52 p.m.
  • great posts pilot.

Q. would those who oppose this law feel any different if law enforcement was using known characteristics of violent gang members, i.e. red clothing (bloods), blue clothing (crips), black & gold clothing (latin kings), tattoos of gang names or emblems (ms 13), as probable cause to stop and ask for identification to check them against a database of known persons in order to keep law breakers out of their neighborhood?

April 30, 2010 at 9:16 p.m.
  • I doubt it is going to be solely on appearance. There are certain traits that can spell "illegal" a little easier than others. I think most people know what that is without me spelling it out.

April 30, 2010 at 9:05 p.m.
  • I’m not going to stick my head in the sand and make believe there are not people entering our country “illegally”. There is no doubt that something needs to be done about it. I just have a problem with allowing law enforcement the option of pulling me over simply because of the color of my skin. And don’t think for a minute that some in law enforcement are not opportunistic enough to use this bill as an excuse to stop whomever they want and whenever they want. I honestly believe everyone posting here is a lot smarter than that. If I am breaking the law, well hell yes, pull me over. But to do so solely because of my appearance is not the answer. And don’t ask me what the right answer is, our own Federal Government can’t come up with that.

Some of you have stated that “legal Hispanics” shouldn’t have a problem providing identification if they have nothing to hide. Well, no truer words could be spoken by a group of people that obviously will not be targeted. I am as much of an American as any one of you.

On second thought I do have an idea. Why not a bill that would allow law enforcement to stop those whom appear to be of Italian descent? After all, some may be involved with the MOB. Or how about stopping persons that appear to be of Czech descent, some of them may be having a cool one while they are driving. Wow, now I sound racist don’t I? I guess we are not all that different after all.

And for the record I'm not going to hide behind a made up name, I'm in the phone book all legal like.

April 30, 2010 at 8 p.m.
  • This is sad; I am sick and tired of hearing all the BS about AZ immigration LAW. Everyone claims that this is racist and is profiling. All this slaw does is give us the option to boot the illegals out of the country that should NOT be here without doing it legally. LULAC is the biggest joke that I have seen, just like Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow coalition. Every time we try to protect our borders these groups pop up and start claiming racial, profile and unconstitutional. This country is being destroyed by the all the senators and a DIP president that is trying to re-write the constitution to better suit his radical agenda. Now we have LULAC holding protest against AZ, well all I can say is keep it up and this country will see another civil WAR (I HOPE). That’s how disgusted I am with this country and BS that keeps spewing from all the DIPS that are running it. Remember this is AMERICA! Where we have LAWS and not MEXICO where drug lords run the country and government.

April 30, 2010 at 7:03 p.m.

The language has been changed.

Protest away....

April 30, 2010 at 4:07 p.m.
  • "THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

"First they came ..." is a famous statement attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. The text expresses, in a condensed form, the understanding of history presented by Niemöller in a January 6, 1946 speech before representatives of the Confessing Church in Frankfurt

April 30, 2010 at 2:55 p.m.
  • Take out “Latino”, and just put in “Citizen”; then what?

(Hint), I did it on purpose, devious, ha haha!

All I’m proposing is…

“Simply protecting one population of legal residents, by making a more clear and locally enforceable law, against another group who are technically breaking the law”; or are Law Enforcement officers legally entitled to discriminate?

I took most of that phrase from pilots comment posting, hehe, I can hear Pilot saying, “The Fiendish Man!”

Oh, and don’t forget good looking, charming, and all around good time guy…when I’m not being a nerd, lol!

The level in which my mind works, is astronomical; I prefer to allow others to win my arguments in their own words against me.

= )

April 30, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
  • I’m excited now, to hell with it! Why don’t we go ahead and pass a law, that holds Law Enforcement accountable in this way, when they participate in discriminatory action?

Why not, since it’s apparent that they are deserving of 100% of our trust? Like, many have insinuated.

Does any one want to write a state representative, to submit this idea along; as a deterrence of discrimination, on the part of Law Enforcement?

April 30, 2010 at 1:41 p.m.
  • As a legal resident pilot, you have a right to exercise your opinion concerning laws of this country, if this is your country?

As I am a legal resident, whose parents and grand parents were both born in Texas, my opinion is that the law is racist. Which opinion, is right?

I propose a law, that if officers in Texas discriminate against Latinos in the enforcement of a law comparable to Arizona’s, that a punishment no less than 1 year incarceration and forfeit of all pay or benefits during the term of incarceration be instituted upon conviction.

I could add more to it, but for now; wouldn’t that be a great amendment to any law proposed comparable to Arizona’s?

I don’t see why such an amendment not be applied, if so many of you trust in Law Enforcements nondiscriminatory execution of a similar law?

Hmm?

April 30, 2010 at 1:37 p.m.
  • SanAntosWorks I've noticed in every thread you've posted in you bring up racism toward hispanics... Maybe the real problem is you.

April 30, 2010 at 12:51 p.m.
  • I think their march protesting Arizona laws might work out better in Arizona...

April 30, 2010 at 12:41 p.m.
  • So, do you guys mean…that paying social security taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, and enabling communities to receive more federal funding(through the Census), does not contribute to American communities?

Really, I see? O-K? Now then, let’s come back to the real world.

Birds of a feather, come on, what is that suppose to mean. Pilot, I have a great deal of respect for you; but I don’t understand you in this regard?

(A.) Either we create a system that allows for legal cheap labor, (B.) eliminate many goods and services, or (C.)inflate the prices of those goods and services. The only alternative is what we have now(X.).

There, no race talk, just common sense analysis of the situation.

I made it simple for you guys, let’s see were you stand without all the bull malarkey!

(A.)

(B.)

(C.)

Or (X.)

Come on, you decide, you’re the voter don’t be bashful or scared, pony up! When I run for office, I’m not going to be like others, I will make it easy for you. You decide what “consequences” you are willing to face.

This is real life, every action or inaction has consequences, and that is the kind of public servant I will be. Someone who assess the consequences more heavily, than benefits; because benefits are easy to live with, it’s the hardships placed on constituents that I’m more concerned with.

If citizens overwhelmingly desire to inflict hardship consequences on themselves, they are going to find a way to do it, whether I endorse it or not. Better to be as much a positive force, in the face of negative public opposition, than not to have an effect at all.

At least, when all is said an done and people are tired of being wrong, I will be their to work the problem back from a “public error” in judgment. The sun will rise, the moon will too; eventually when all the rhetoric is said, life goes on. It’s just a matter of reducing the number of ill conceived actions and their negative affects that is required by all citizenry.

So will anyone take the multiple choice, if you think about it logically, those are really our only choices.

April 30, 2010 at 12:20 p.m.
  • SanAntosWorks..."But, so are those who simply want to be Americans or share in the American way of life."

These are two distinct groups of people. The first, people who want to be Americans, would follow the laws in place to do that. The US is a nation built on immigration; America welcomes the immigrant who wants to "be American."

"The population of naturalized U.S. citizens reached 12.8 million in 2005, the latest year available, the Pew Hispanic Center's researchers found."

According to the Pew Center, larger percentages of naturalization eligible immigrants are becoming citizens. These new citizens are welcome and are to be applauded.

But, that second group of people you mention, those who want to simply share in the American way of life but remain citizens of their country of birth and come here illegally so they can revel in the benefits of living here are not welcome and are criminals. They have no right to be here. They are little better than leeches, parasites that weaken American society. This is not due to racism; it is the fact that this group of people are criminals

"If pragmatic immigration were outlawed, only unconscionable immigration would occur"

If by outlawing "pragmatic immigration," you mean repealing the current laws and throwing open the borders to anyone who decides he wants to come to the US for the benefits of living here but remain Mexican in his heart, it ain't gonna happen.

April 30, 2010 at 11:27 a.m.
  • John Lara, I think you should go with your instincts and go back to being a recluse.

Is that going to get removed too? Insane.

April 30, 2010 at 10:38 a.m.
  • Rebecca

Yes, there are victims on both sides of the argument. There are violent criminals and those that are criminals because of circumstance. Those who embrace crime violently regardless of rule of law, and those whose benefit, the rule of law does not embrace, why? Duh, racism!

Two wrongs, do not make a right! How many times do I have to say that?

There are people who live in fear for their lives along the border because of violent Mexican criminals, and there are those who live in fear of their lives in this country because of racist leaders, who refuse to do what is right; both just want to live and work in peace.

American citizens, are put in danger by violent criminals that operate in the world of “illegal trafficking”; whether it’s people or drugs. But, so are those who simply want to be Americans or share in the American way of life.

Both American citizens and those who are commonly classified as “illegal’s”; are having their lives and peace of mind destroyed by the inaction of our Federal government! Actions, like Arizona’s only placates to extremist views, not really addressing the real problem.

Like some say, “If guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns”; the same is true for immigration “If pragmatic immigration were outlawed, only unconscionable immigration would occur”.

The Federal government is creating division, and I’m surprised no one has brought up the fact that this law was passed after all the talk concerning the census is over? It’s like I insinuated before, they wanted them counted to qualify for more federal tax money, but now they want them gone.

Lol, I hate being the guy who has the right to say I told you so!

Watching this play out in my analytical mind, and then in real life as people do not heed my warnings, is like someone scratching their nails across a chalk board. I’m tempted to go back to being a recluse, and say the hell with it all!

April 30, 2010 at 10:25 a.m.
  • I can remember a documentary where people living along the border were begging for us to do something about the violence, rapes, and drug trafficking. Why are those pleas not made public? It's as if someone wants this tension and misunderstanding - this anger - to exist in the Mexican communities. To not show the whole story is wrong. I want more back ground.

April 30, 2010 at 7:40 a.m.
  • The law is unjust, unconstitutional, immoral, and yes racist. This coming from a guy who strongly opposes Illegal immigration. I might post a blog on this subject and offer my own solutions.

John Lara.
    I surprise by your statement and somewhat welcomed it.

April 30, 2010 at 5:56 a.m.

April 29, 2010 at 10:47 p.m.
  • I'd put our fabulous country against all others in the treatment of illegals...Most notably Mexico's...

April 29, 2010 at 9:41 p.m.
  • The level of dialogue did not warrant much effort. I can go high brow and I can go low brow; this discussion degenerated too whimsical nonsense.

April 29, 2010 at 9:32 p.m.
  • If your illegal go home! If you are legal you have nothing to worry about. I think that the police should ask to see their proof that they are legal citizens, if not send them HOME!

April 29, 2010 at 8:16 p.m.

April 29, 2010 at 7:24 p.m.
  • @N45,

"(ASAWL) Americans supporting the Arizonian way of life."

I just want to point out that pronouncing your acronym sounds a little like A.S.S.H.O.L.E...

just sayin' ;-)

April 29, 2010 at 7:18 p.m.
  • The illegals coming across the border are trespassing on peoples property, robbing and even killing some of them - what about their rights? Are we just suppose to ignore that?

This is not about racism, I know many would like to make it that, but the truth is we can not continue to exist as a viable country with our borders in chaos. Would any one writing on this forum like strangers carrying guns from any country traversing their property day and night?

Many border towns on the Mexican side are becoming ghost towns they say at night you can often hear gun battles with automatic weapons, it's just a war going on that's all.

I have even heard that fire fights have developed between US border agents and criminals on the other side of the border. What we are doing about all this is "border line" insane.

April 29, 2010 at 6:56 p.m.
  • The AZ law doesn't mention race at all. It must be in "code words".

There is not much difference in this law than in ones already in the books.

If a person is driving a automobile, they have to have a valid drivers license.

If a person boards a commercial airplane, they have to have a valid ID.
    If a person crosses the border at a checkpoint between Mexico and the US or Canada and the US, they have to have valid ID and also a valid passport.
    If a person opens a bank account, they have to have valid ID.
    If a person is drinking in a bar or at a outdoor event, they have to have valid ID.
    If a person cashes a check, pawns something or applies for a payday loan, they have to have valid ID.
    Some electric, cable, phone (cell or otherwise), require valid ID to open a account. Heck even Blockbuster does.

Try and buy auto insurance without a valid Dl, oops that's not suppose to be said.

My point is, is that there are very few things that you can do without valid ID already.

Unless, that is, you don't want anyone to know to know you did not enter the US legally and dished out $50 or so for a counterfeit ID, Social Security or green card.

April 29, 2010 at 6:31 p.m.
  • In many former blog postings, that I have deleted about 6 months back; I’ve taken a very hard stance against Mexico, I’ve called for the outright change of government.

A racist, I have sacrificed and suffered for people of all racist and sexual orientations, when their right to life, liberty, and happiness is threaten; and I don’t even believe in Homosexuality!

Shallow, were you looking in the mirror?

White, White, White, White, White, is that so damn threatening to you; then you must have weak sensibilities or dealing with your own insecurities regarding racism, at least that is what you lead one to believe.

What we need to do is stop “Extremist”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Extremist blew up a federal building!

White Extremist, not Black or Brown, White! Good White People are dying in two wars, that were under a White President. Good White People have lost their jobs and are seeing their children’s future robbed right before their eyes, Because of the actions of White Men in power that “do not want regulation”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Many” Good White People, can see that their problems are the result of “Bad White Leaders!!!!!!!!”

If they had been purple, pink, or with “poke a dots” I’d call it like I see it. Except it was the actions of “Bad White People” that have led America to it’s dire situation.

Now “Bad White People”, are trying to convince “Good White People”, that any Latino that says “WHITE”, is a racist!

B__sh_T!

I can’t be a racist, because despite being a Latino…I have a BIG WHITE ARSE!

So at least part of me is “White”!

Ironically, the part that dishes out the same stuff, some, are trying to put on me.

This Law is racist, call it whatever you want, no one is drinking that Kool aid.

Have a nice day, I have got to get my “White Wife“, before she tares my White Arse, which happens to belong to a Hispanic.

April 29, 2010 at 6:18 p.m.
  • abovblo...I have only one question for you. Since these people are citizens of Mexico, but have decided for whatever reason they don't want to live there, why should they not abide by the laws of the nation where they want to live? Entering the country without proper (legal) documantation is a CRIME.

If you're a citizen of the US, these are NOT "your" people. They are citizens of a foreign country who are committing a crime simply by being here and breathing the air HERE. There are procedures in place whereby they can apply and come legally, but they're unwilling to do that and are therefore CRIMINALS.

And, aboveblo, if the US is such a terrible place, I'd think people would want to stay home in the Shangri-La that is Mexico rather than risking everything they have to come here. Oh, I just thought of another question: If Mexico really ISN'T Shangri-La, why don't "your" people stay and change it? The US doesn't need Mexico's misery, poverty and crime.

April 29, 2010 at 6:04 p.m.
  • San what does Homosexual have to do with the immigration law?
    Homosexual acts is forbidden in the Bible and the Military. Wow, imagine that.

Why do you keep saying White People, are you racist? And don't tell me "for country", this is my Country, i supported Her by being a Service Member for 25 years and now as a civilian taxpayer. How about you taking one for your buds. You are arrogant, and have a shallow mind.

The bottom line is "illegals" and the American hunger for the drugs. I get tired of it making the news and of all the suffering going on on account of this. It is a problem (both) and it has to be addressed. Arizona did what it had to do. The Federal goverment is now in the spotlight for not acting. About time. Now Texas has to act, crap is spilling into our State and we need to stop it.

Boycott?? Why punish Americans, why not boycott Mexico, let them know that they have a problem (like the didn't). Hey Obama, here's an idea, tell the Mexican president to "KEEP YOUR PEOPLE HOME!!

There are other ways to come into this country legally. And we too (Americans) have gone to other countries to live and work, legally.

First and Foremost, i am an American, and then a Mexican. I was born in this country.

April 29, 2010 at 5:41 p.m.
  • How many White Americans will be pulled over and asked their legal status, in relation to Hispanic Americans? The common sense answer, ends all arguments concerning discrimination; it’s discriminatory against Latino’s. It goes without saying, because we all know that the overwhelming majority of illegal’s are from Mexico.

On a side note, how many White Heterosexual Men, were kicked out of the military because of their sexual orientation?

Are illegal’s and Homosexuals, so much of a threat that “Extremist Laws” have to be created for them?

I’ll make it simple for White people, that don’t get it. If you do not like being called a racist, because other white people are racist; neither do we like to be treated as illegal’s, just because we may look like illegal’s, duh!

How frustrated and angry do White men feel, when in the course of their business, their actions are questioned; because he is suspected of being a racist. We Latino’s don’t like being suspected of being illegal’s, just because our “damn” turn signal light might be out!

For all those comments about “for country“, I have this to say, you take one for the country buddy! It works both ways bud, why don’t you just wait for the Federal government to get immigration reformed. It’s ironic that a Republican Governor forces this agenda during a Democratic Administration, but none did so during a Republican Administration. In fact, It was a Democratic Governor that tried to push Immigration Reform during a Republican Administration and Republicans dropped the damn ball!

For the politicians It comes down to this,” You are either with us, or your not, stop using us in your political games”. After saying that, maybe my cousins were right? Maybe I am the Whitest Mexican they know? Mexican American, for those idiots that might try, to be cute.

This law discriminates against Hispanics, the way sexual orientation laws in the Military discriminate against Homosexuals.

They might as well named the law, “If you aren’t White, you aren’t Right!”

My response, “I’m brown, and I going to stay around, get use too it!”

While I’m at it, I’m also going to be better looking, a better lover, and just all around nicer guy; White women love me, and not for my money(wink)!

Oh yeah! I went there, what of it!

April 29, 2010 at 4:46 p.m.
  • holein1 my assumption is based from the way people are saying that it will keep people from Mexico out of the USA all the hurrah's in this area are against Mexicans I haven't seen any Russians, Nigerians, Chinese, or for that matter any other alien country mentioned. As far as the comment about the Alamo I had ancestors that fought on the Anglo side one was even the guide for Austin when he first came to Tejas. If you see it like it is we are all illegal this land belonged to the Native Americans not to anyone else.

April 29, 2010 at 4:46 p.m.
  • moneyman, if you will take the time to read the law you will see that it does not mention a specific country of origin for the illegal aliens. That's something that has bothered me a lot. Every time the issue comes up the Hispanic population claims it's a racially motivated attack on people with brown skin. The fact is the immigration laws are for any and all illegal aliens, regardless of which country they come from or the color of their skin.

LULAC, get over it. We don't want just Hispanic illegal aliens to be caught and exported, but all illegal aliens.

April 29, 2010 at 1:56 p.m.
  • The bill recently passed in Arizona doesn't add anything new to what is already federal law.

Arizona is being inundated with illegals and they are tired of waiting for the Feds to do something about it.
    Too bad our own Dept. of Homeland Security (Napolitano) thinks that being here illegally is really not illegal otherwise we would have seen a much larger push to bust the employers hiring the illegals, the illegals themselves and all of the other FEDERAL laws that are already in place.
    What are the STATES and CITIZENS of this country supposed to do when the F'IN FEDS won't do their jobs!

And just to be clear, if the LEOs pull somebody over and things don't appear to be normal, they can ask for your "papers" whether you're brown, black, white, yellow, whatever.

Texas is considering doing the same thing later this year.
    I hope they do and I hope it passes.

Let's try to remember that this is about the migrant workers and those good people wanting a better life BUT it is also about the huge quantity of drugs, the many illegals who have criminal records, the human trafficking and enslavement, the huge amount of weapons that cross the border and all of the rape, torture, murders, kidnappings, beheadings, etc. that go along with it.

Did you know that there were roughly 2000 (reported) drug-related murders in Juarez, Mexico alone in 2009?

The negatives far outweigh the positives...

April 29, 2010 at 1:44 p.m.
  • Maybe we need to man the Alamo and do it again!

April 29, 2010 at 9:29 a.m.
  • Amusing to read the reviews of this "Arizona cop evading" product:

April 29, 2010 at 9:12 a.m.
  • LULAC will make a claim they do not advocate illegal immigration, but they do speak for the illegal immigrants. Totally false, all you have to is look at the history of LULAC.

Immigration documentation sounds as if an alien must carry their life history around in a brief case. That is not the case at all; if you’re an alien who has entered the U.S. legally and having been processed for a I-551 visa (Resident Alien), immigration law requires that an must carry an alien registration card 24/7 (I-551). This card is the size of your drives license, the card is off pink in color, and has the aliens name along with his/her alien # and date of birth, with country of origin. Immigration law requires a non-immigrant alien must carry a valid passport accompanied by an (I-94) stamped by an immigration official, which is dated and how long the alien is authorized to remain in the U.S., the passport is required to be carried 24/7 by law.

What in the world is the problem here? Either you have the resident alien card or passport, it is a very simple question to be asked, show it and be on your way end of story. Now that is a lot of documentation to carry around, and LULAC here is your stupid sign.

April 29, 2010 at 8:43 a.m.
  • ablovblo, please explain more about what you are saying. Thanks.

April 29, 2010 at 8:29 a.m.
  • Here we go again. I only wish they would pass the law in Texas. I get stopped now for crazy reasons. I think it is the loaded SUV I drive. I would like to get stopped for the color of my skin. I would refuse to give documentation. I can see it now. I agree with Canales, this reform law is a Blessing. Next stop, legalization. My people, "Nuestro Sueno", Our Dream, is right around the corner. I wish I could march on Sat, but I have to work. My heart will be there. Stand proud my people. Oh yeah, how can you take something that was ours twice? This time we are stronger and will prevail. "Si Se Puede."

April 29, 2010 at 6:49 a.m.
  • Okay Mexican Americans~

what would you suggest?

How can we ke ep the illegal aliens coming into

our country, and sapping the economy?

You are howling about one state's possible remedy

but march without offering solutions to the problem

April 29, 2010 at 6:38 a.m.
  • Born2BeMe - you are right on the money. Instead of focusing on the sensationalism of the law, the news needs to focus on what it actually says. The police won't be stopping people just for the color of their skin; they will have to have reasonable justification for such a stop - a broken taillight, an expired inspection sticker, speeding, running a stop sign, etc. Before everyone gets started, yes I know there are officers who will push the limit and go overboard; they are in every city and state and have nothing to do with this particular law. Those are the ones who will stop anyone who is not white, just for harrassment. I know that happens, and that is terribly wrong.

I fully understand why the Arizona governor signed this law, even though I believe SHE fully understands exactly what hornet's nest she was stirring up in doing so. She is tired of the federal government sitting on their golden thrones saying there is no problem with illegation immigration and that our borders are safe. Our president is a fool for mocking her; he should be seeing this as a wake-up call that something needs to be done, right now. He needs to stop running all over the country and the world campaigning for his next presidential race and get down to actually being president.

Linda also has good points. There needs to be more penalties for those businesses who knowingly hire illegals (or even those who simply don't bother to ask). Stop the free medical care; stop allowing the childen born to illegal aliens automatically being American citizens; basically, stop the free ride. Like she said, get rid of as much of the motivation to come here as possible.

April 29, 2010 at 5:45 a.m.
  • How funny can people get. This bill should also cover the illegal people that come from Europe. For one the Russians, but that would be confusing for our top notch law enforcement. Not only would they have to profile people with dark skin but also people of light skin. Also do not forget, the Russians have a mafia and they are doing well on the east coast. There might not be as many as there are Latinos but they are some that are illegal also. Or can it be that the present law-makers are thinking about the future where the minorities will be the majority and shudder to the thought, more minorities in government. They should of have passed this bill long long time ago. HMMMM how about before the Pilgrims the first illegal immigrants in this country.

April 29, 2010 at 5:34 a.m.
  • Pilot - you're right on the money! We should do that here as well. Why sit around and continue to wait for the federal government to continue to ignore the problem?

April 29, 2010 at 4:39 a.m.
  • I never go anywhere without indentification. Who does that? If you are in a accident, how are they going to be able to locate your family, or next of kin?
    If I was of darker skin, I wouldn't mind being stopped if it meant helping this Country. It's a small price to pay.
    The police officers will know what to look for. They do not have enough time in a day to stop everyone who is a little darker. People should use their common sense on this one, and quit overexagerating what they think will happen.

April 28, 2010 at 11:41 p.m.
  • Stopping people because of skin tone doesn't sound like "reasonable suspicion of being illegal." That's just me. I bet the cops in AZ would agree.

April 28, 2010 at 11:34 p.m.
  • I agree with you coraleaterlinda. I also feel that if they truly want to slow down the pace of illegal immigration they would not open businesses that appeal to them. For example Flexi Compras. Yes I know this business is open to the public, but who do you think will be more likely to shop there. Also if illegal immigrants are such a strain on this country then why are they being allowed to establish credit at our local businesses. The answer is very simple, money there is to much to be made off of them. Its okay for them to pay taxes on gas,groceries, utilities,and other necessitys. I know I am rambling on here, but thats just the way I see it.

April 28, 2010 at 11:32 p.m.
  • While I understand that illegal means illegal, I do not support the way Arizona is going about this. What does "reasonable suspicion of being illegal" mean? I am Hispanic (and legal), does this mean I will be pulled over in AZ? I am not comfortable with American citizens being asked to carry their papers at all times just because they are brown. Also, who carries around important legal documents such as birth certificates and social security cards while they are going to Walgreens or whatever? Carrying around this information is dangerous due to the levels of identity theft.

I think something more effective (and with less moral issues) would be to go after the businesses that hire illegals. Make it law for everyone to present proof of citizenship when being hired. Do random checks. Fine the living daylights out of anyone who hires illegals. Soon enough, no businesses will want to hire illegals, which means illegals won't want to come here anymore since no one wants to hire them. You can't just address one symptom of the problem - you have to address the root of the problem. If illegals have no motivation to come here, problem solved.

Also, makes it easier to become a citizen - more citizens equals more tax revenue.

April 28, 2010 at 11:02 p.m.