Comments

• this brings back memories.... funny

August 21, 2010 at 9:31 a.m.
  • I'm glad I'm not in school now. The new dress code seems to outlaw my favorite color: plaid.

August 20, 2010 at 4:35 p.m.
  • @ prankster--I agree with you 110% stripes should be allowed. Come on a Polo is a Polo. Solid or stripes. I agree that the stripped ones should be more allowed than the solid due to gang colors. Just to inform you all, according to the Employee Handbook on the VISD website 2010-2011 a dress code is not listed.

August 20, 2010 at 12:11 p.m.
  • I guess I'm questioning nonsensical "LETTER of the law" (which have no real explanation) rules. Like, no stripes... And then remembering what is was like to be about thirteen, things weren't regular, couldn't be predicted, and that fact of nature determined and influenced how I needed to dress to avoid embarrassment and absolute and total humiliation... Then I think of how many religions put extra expectations or rules over females... and I start to think, "why institutions of learning?" [I'm feigning dramatics, (be glad I'm not fanging) but that was the track my little train took as I contemplated the dress code - might be derailed... so forgive me.]

August 20, 2010 at 11:48 a.m.
  • It's not just the high school, is it?

August 20, 2010 at 11:34 a.m.
  • @ rebecca, I have a son and a daughter at the high school and the only part of the dress code that I am unhappy about is that the girls have to tuck in their shirts. But I guess they can't tell the boys not to do it and not the girls. Personally, I think that they should have enforced the dress code that they already had in place before they changed it.

August 20, 2010 at 11:03 a.m.
  • I'm surprised that more females aren't upset with the dress code. Looking at the styles right now, leggings and long shirts, I would have been relieved to wear that type of ensemble. If you aren't going to allow comfortable more discrete clothing for females, they should be allowed an extra three days off a month.

August 20, 2010 at 10:25 a.m.
  • Fight back Titans and Warriors! lol

I remember back in the late 90s VHS tried to make everyone tuck in their shirt. I didn't want to tuck in my shirt so I didn't. No one followed the rules and eventually the teachers got tired of enforcing it.

Now, my shirt is tucked in 5 days a week LOL

August 20, 2010 at 10:09 a.m.
  • Philosophical moment time.

I ask that you do not praise me, but you take what information you have and form your own opinion.

Also, turtle, do you find it funny that if I were to wear a suit and tie to school, I would get in trouble for dress code?
    Isn't that the most formal thing?

August 20, 2010 at 10:01 a.m.
  • Prankster, I assure you there is a teacher dress code as well. I only wish ours included jeans and tennis shoes every day of the week, as yours does, but unfortunately it doesn't. I won't be changing any highway signs in protest though. Dress codes are a part of life. Your dress code is mild, and as with most challenges you'll face in your life, you'll live through this.

August 20, 2010 at 8:11 a.m.
  • Prankster.

You are the man.

August 20, 2010 at 6:08 a.m.
  • Not a chance.

I'm not sure if the teachers have to follow dress code, but if they don't be prepared for a backlash of students expressing their 'red' rage.

August 20, 2010 at 3:12 a.m.
  • Prankster...you just might be wearing that "orange jumpsuit uniform" ,that Red Rage is talking about, real soon!

August 19, 2010 at 11 p.m.
  • What is the lesson in living under rules you know are silly, that you have no say in, or that make no sense to you?

August 19, 2010 at 10:45 p.m.
  • I think I would rather wear the prison jump suit in high school lol

August 19, 2010 at 10:19 p.m.
  • So, because a rule is set in place by people who don't have to obey them, that justifies spending >100$ for A few shirts and pants?

That's asinine.

The dress code was put in place for a number of reasons, each one can be torn apart and examined.

WEAR SOLID POLO'S IT WILL LOWER GANG AFFILIATION WITHIN THE SCHOOL.

Lol No.

I'm sure you're familiar with the Bloods and the Crips.
    To back your color it would be so simple as to just buy a red or blue polo.
    They aren't helping us as much as they are aggravating us.

Thank god I'm a senior and I only have to deal with this for one year.

August 19, 2010 at 9:40 p.m.
  • Prankster, you know, I agree that a polo with stripes looks great and should be acceptable, but they have chosen to go with solids only. As an adult with three kids, I can tell you, and as a matter of fact, just had conversation with my kid about a school rule, that life is all about rules. You have rules at home and school, rules to drive, rules at the workplace, rules in your neighborhood or apartment complex, and on and on. And guess what, if you break rules and you go to jail, there will be rules there too!

August 19, 2010 at 9:24 p.m.
  • @Myvu,

It's not that we have to dress respectable.
    It's more that we are told what respectable is.
    Is respectable a 2 button single color Polo?

As a student, I believe it's very far-fetched that we are not allowed to wear a striped Polo, or any other type of button down shirt.

I have no problem with dress codes to a certain extent, but to turn a school into a PGA Meeting is silly.

August 19, 2010 at 6:43 p.m.

August 19, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
  • BoooHooooHooooo! Poor Little Johnny has to dress like a respectible person! What in the heck is the world coming too?

August 19, 2010 at 1:17 p.m.
  • Well I have to agree, the dress code does stink a little. You can't wear stripped shirts but wanna be gang members can still wear their gang colors, so what did this improve? NOTHING just a pain for parents. Only secondary and high school kids have to wear the dress code. Will the teachers be subject to the same dress code? What is good for the kids should be for the adults too. I have seen some teachers who have dressed more like kids than adults. I hope the prankster does not get caught it was joke the district just does not like egg on its face.

August 19, 2010 at 1:01 p.m.
  • Maybe someone didn't see that comment, yet. I bet it is against some type of rule to post the names of minors - or an image with the names of minors - on a public site.

August 19, 2010 at 11:01 a.m.
  • zxvbnm left the facebook site on here. Funny thing, is it isn't deleted. Check it out, quick, before it's gone. Looks like police work, too.

August 19, 2010 at 10:56 a.m.
  • I really don't know what I did to get my comments deleted. Someone posted the facebook site where the prank was displayed and I just listed the name of the facebooker. I also saw the sign and listed what it said. I actually called VISD and reported it as I come home that way on Mon and Tues. every week at 6:30 am. It was funny. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the sign.

August 19, 2010 at 10:46 a.m.
  • The creative mind...if ever I become a comedian, this one will make the list!

August 19, 2010 at 8:58 a.m.
  • They should go easy on the guy/gal because if you didn't have a vote in the matter - the only voice you have is protest.

August 19, 2010 at 8:52 a.m.
  • Creative civil disobedience...I like it.

August 19, 2010 at 8:33 a.m.
  • Ha ha notasheep! Now that would have caused an accident or two

August 19, 2010 at 8:20 a.m.
  • I passed this sign yesterday and I thought it said "Dress Code Suuucks a Hard One"...shows where my mind was! LOL

August 19, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.
  • "Specialized training". Too funny Benar. Either it is so specialized that even the highway dept. can't figure it out, or it so simple that most normal people can. Judging the way the highway dept. operates, I would guess that it is simple to operate, unless you work for the highway dept!

August 19, 2010 at 8 a.m.
  • We thought we had it bad when during"COLD FREEZING WINTERS" our (girls) legs were turning blue and we (girls) werent allowed to even wear long pants to school and DONT THINK ABOUT complaining...we wouldnt dare think about trying to get the school board to allow us this....never crossed our minds...just the way it was in the "GOOD OLE DAYS"....not exactly good old days as winters were horribly cold...so it seemed

August 19, 2010 at 5:22 a.m.

August 19, 2010 at 2:49 a.m.

August 19, 2010 at 2:47 a.m.
  • :-/

i might start by talking to this guy

eb4tw

August 19, 2010 at 2:43 a.m.
  • I was wondering if anyone had an image of the sign.

August 19, 2010 at 1:43 a.m.
  • Well, the article has the name wrong.

This is what the sign actually read.

August 19, 2010 at 1:28 a.m.
  • I traveled back in time to do just that.

August 19, 2010 at 1:13 a.m.
  • @Rebecca,

You should realize the significance of my name, and compare it with the title of this article.

August 19, 2010 at 1:06 a.m.
  • Red Rage.

Gonzales will force voilators to wear prison jump suits.

August 18, 2010 at 11:36 p.m.
  • I don't know what Gonzales's dress code is.

August 18, 2010 at 11:31 p.m.
  • Red Rage.

At least VISD's dress code isn't like gonzales's dress code. Finally, finally the youth had stop being apathic and choose to "fight".

August 18, 2010 at 9:53 p.m.
  • I think it's funny that the title of the article is "Prankster hacks into..." and then a commenter with the name Prankster tells us how easy it is to do... I love you guys!

August 18, 2010 at 9:49 p.m.
  • I'm glad I got out of VISD before this stupid dress code lol

Funny prank though.

August 18, 2010 at 9:47 p.m.
  • Specialized knowledge?
    Hardly.

There's how to do it.

August 18, 2010 at 8:42 p.m.
  • Duuude there's like sooooo many of those machines along 59 north right now....

Beer me!

August 18, 2010 at 7:23 p.m.
  • Luv it, gives VISD the real picture, idiots.

August 18, 2010 at 7:19 p.m.
  • But hey give who ever did it credit, the highway department person said it does take "specialized training to operate."

But I would bet that whomever set the sign up, didn't bother to use a password on it. So yeah, leave the password box empty and press enter. lol

Brilliant.

August 18, 2010 at 7:09 p.m.
  • Well Rebecca, the looks that the guy got from BF Erskine where kind of the the "If I could electrocute you I would."

I have to admit, it was the perfect protest, it did conform to the dress code, just not the way the administration intended it to.

August 18, 2010 at 7 p.m.
  • Rebecca...thanks for that...I'm still chuckling....

August 18, 2010 at 6:56 p.m.
  • Saw it this morning, awesome! Should have use some curse words.

August 18, 2010 at 6:41 p.m.
  • Kyle you make me laugh!

August 18, 2010 at 6:40 p.m.
  • I would have entered (.)(.)ies but then again I don't have to conform to a school dress code so my priorities are somewhat different. :-)

August 18, 2010 at 6:35 p.m.
  • Legion, yes, your classmate might have been electrocuted if he tried to sew a pocket onto the sign.

August 18, 2010 at 6:30 p.m.
  • It sure does, Rebecca. I guess it's a good thing computerized signs weren't in existence in 74!

August 18, 2010 at 6:24 p.m.
  • This does beat sewing a pocket onto a shirt to protest.

August 18, 2010 at 6:14 p.m.
  • Wasn't me!

August 18, 2010 at 6:13 p.m.
  • Amazing! Funny!

More of our tax dollars get wasted on useless government

projects,

at least a few of our tax dollars gave a few folks some laughs

driving by!

I would rather spend money repairing a funny sign

than on $100 toliet seats at the pentagon......

August 18, 2010 at 6:13 p.m.
  • premeditated? naaaaaawwwww.... He just happened along the sign and it changed itself.

August 18, 2010 at 5:50 p.m.