Home » VPD taking advantage of DPS helicopters » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Was it a black helicopter?

August 25, 2010 at 5:15 p.m.
  • Great Job. I'm sure those who ran were pretty shocked.

I would much rather have a chopper out catching the guys who ran then having them running around my neighborhood getting into stuff.

August 25, 2010 at 3:25 p.m.
  • I just wanted to add that I happen to agree with interested. My SO was not home at the time, and when I stepped outside to see the low flying helicopter w/searchlight - I called him. He was near the mall and said that he'd seen a police truck and two white unmarked cars speeding past.

The noise of the helicopter was not only a nuisance, but it was frightening. It sounded as if it were about to land on my rooftop! And they continued flying in circles for over an hour! I would have hoped that the police department would have forewarned residents.

If nothing else, doesn't this violate city noise ordinances?

August 25, 2010 at 3:14 p.m.
  • all areas of this city are prone to drug activity! the people living in the better subdivisions are no different than others they just have money to live in better areas!

August 25, 2010 at 2:08 p.m.
  • OK, so why do it at midnight, just what I wanted to hear was a helicopter going around in circles at a low altitude when I was trying to go to sleep. Why the police car flying down a residentual street with blue lights flashing at midnight? I tend to agree with archiebonkers, we may be getting told what someone thinks is what everyone wants to hear.

August 25, 2010 at 1:28 p.m.
  • Watch the skies!

August 25, 2010 at 11:59 a.m.
  • this story was just to soothe our fears! Big Brother is watching!

August 25, 2010 at 11:58 a.m.
  • I'm sure all the activity in the air was part of the Bloomington Operation!

August 25, 2010 at 11:55 a.m.
  • haha thats funny! Clear blue sky :)

August 25, 2010 at 8:24 a.m.
  • I like how on the map it shows the location of the helicopter.....in the blue sky!!!!

August 24, 2010 at 10:22 p.m.