Comments

• I was pulled over for speeding. The kid who pulled me over asked me
    if I had anything in my car he should be worried about. I asked
    "you mean like a copy of the constitution!" I refused the search.
    He kept me there until his supervisor and the K9 unti arrived. Upon finding nothing and wasting almost an hour of their and my time, the supervisor offered no aplogy and was disturbed I did not consent. I had to explain the constitution to him and his community college C.E. course was not a subsitute for law school.

Never ever give anyone permission to search your vehicle or home. They will puff their chests walk around and play bully, but don't relent. A good attorrney makes more an hour than the kid does in a week.

December 8, 2010 at 4:36 p.m.
  • Too funny familyman1222!

I personally think the mules are used to divert the real payday load. While the DPS has the small fish, the bigger one goes right on by....

December 8, 2010 at 4:11 p.m.
  • I believe I could go to Colorado and complain of migrane headaches and get a prescription for some "medicinal" grade Mary Jane, but I also believe that it's very expensive.

This isn't the same thing. It's a network that ends up in elementary schools, junior highs and high schools. It's the reason for kidnappings and murders in Mexico, on our border and in our city.

The "peace, love and happiness" associated with smoking pot in the 60's and 70's is by far extinct. Pure evil has emerged in its place.

December 8, 2010 at 3:57 p.m.
  • lets get honest people who have you ever heard of dying when smoking marijuana, maybe getting a little over weight from eating to much but lets get honest here, i guess california is a horrible state for letting the sick get prescrptions for this plant used for medicine. hope no one dies.

December 8, 2010 at 1:13 p.m.
  • Well thumbs up for the local D.P.S again on another seizure amount of drugs off our streets. This goes hands in hands to Operation Moody not long ago. highways 87 and 59 always is known as dug highways and these guys are trained to spot different things on the road and fastly. These drug guys there dumb period how much they get by with or busted with. But once again thumbs up for D.P.S for another successful bust. Every little amounts helps to keep our streets clean, that shipment didnt make it Thank God. Might have saved another life.

December 8, 2010 at 10:50 a.m.
  • $75,000? That won't buy the cartels bubblebath.

December 8, 2010 at 10:19 a.m.
  • @MarkKreuger - Also, what if the guy says to the Trooper "No, you may not search my vehicle!" Then what?

Then reasonable suspicion would determine whether the dog would be called to the scene. If the dog denotes a “positive” – then probable cause to search would ensue. If a LEO strongly feels that you are trafficking – you are going to wait beside the car until the dog shows up.

December 8, 2010 at 10:15 a.m.
  • Familyman, the "signs" may have been profuse sweating, intense shaking and darting of the eyes.

What I cannot understand is how someone could be hauling something like that and not pay attention to the road. The guy with the cocaine in the driveshaft, for example...speeding??? I'd still like to know how the Trooper knew to look inside the drive shaft. That's really incredible.

December 8, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.
  • Although drug trafficking here is more of the problem, in other cities the drug dealers are beginning to see child trafficking more profitable. God willing this will not be found here.

December 8, 2010 at 7:50 a.m.
  • indicators of criminal activity.
    suspicion of following too closely.
    Good call

December 8, 2010 at 7:01 a.m.
  • I think the mules take the chance for the money to feed their family. Sure driving standards are a little different in Mexico than in the U.S..
    I'm sure the mule was doing the best he could but got caught anyway. What are the signs of criminal activity? Was it written on him?

To GOP_LoveChild- lawyers, doctors, professionals, regular people, criminals and millions of others. Tell me you have never inhaled! Get out of the farm and come to town once in a while to keep up with the times. You are way behind. Have you heard of the new miracle drug called aspirin! It makes pain go away. lol

December 8, 2010 at 5:11 a.m.
  • With all the money in drugs you would expect the cartels to at least pay for their mules to attend an advanced driving course beforehand.

December 7, 2010 at 10:03 p.m.
  • Who buys this stuff?

December 7, 2010 at 9:26 p.m.