Comments

• Just as in any other profession, we can do the right thing one thousand times, but do one wrong thing, we are "dinged" for life!
    I sympathize with Ms. Brown. She only expects to be treated the same way she treats others in her own career.

December 9, 2010 at 7:38 a.m.

December 8, 2010 at 7:38 p.m.
  • Visible Changes in First colony Sugarland is now getting my family's business. We have all have our long hair cut badly, so just decided we will take a trip to Sugarland for our cuts from now on.

December 8, 2010 at 6:08 p.m.
  • i had a similar horrible experience at the jcpenney salon. went for a trim and the lady chopped my hair off. worst haircut ever. had to pay to have it redone elsewhere and took forever to grow. if you refuse to pay they could claim theft of services and it could be a bigger hassle. when i complained they were rude. contacted regional office and they were no better. customer service in victoria is definitely lacking. i use bella jean salon if i must get a haircut when in victoria or my guys go to mr. billy downtown. i think gabe did good reporting on the crappy service that poor women received. i hope their business is hurt and they have to improve.

December 8, 2010 at 4:39 p.m.
  • If the manger had any guts, several people would get fired. Not for the eyebrow, but for the attitude. Just another example of the poor customer service here in Victoria. While shopping yesterday, heard an employee whine to her manager why did she have to straighten up an aisle, it was just gonna get messed up in a day. I would have answered her because that is what your butt is being paid for.

December 8, 2010 at 12:37 p.m.
  • I would have been upset certainly, and would have refused to pay for the service and asked to talk to the manager. However, I hardly think this is news worthy or horrible enough to report to the newspaper. Just get you an eyebrow pencil and fix it; no one will ever notice; and consider yourself lucky that you are not having chemo and your hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes have all fallen out and won't be back for a while. Then learn from the experience and don't go back to the salon. A lot of "just starting" stylists start in the franchise salons....that should be considered before you go there.

December 8, 2010 at 11:24 a.m.
  • Yes it is Kyle lol... Wonder why my uni-brow comment got deleted?

December 8, 2010 at 11:16 a.m.
  • Isn't the mullet the very height of fashion in Victoria?

:-)

December 8, 2010 at 11:14 a.m.
  • I had a similar problem with them about 10 years ago. I used to go there regularly and I had gone in for a trim and add layers. My hair was just passed my shoulders. So not much should have been cut. When she ended my hair was to my ears and so short layers I looked like I had a mullet. NEVER went back. EVER!!! I always tell people to stay away from there.

December 8, 2010 at 11:12 a.m.
  • Thank you goes out to the Victoria Advocate for bringing to the attention of the public. About this said company. Maybe the coworkers and company will think about the more befor next time happens. Once again thank you for a great article.

December 8, 2010 at 10:55 a.m.
  • Welcome to The Victoria Advocate. Headline "Half of eyebrow missing, Perry call's out Nat. Guard". I am sorry for the lady's pain but come on Advocate. This is right up with a story about a 2 headed chicken. You are now, sadly, the only source of print media in a 7 county area that has over 250,000 population. We can use the internet and broadcast news but that lacks the detail of a printed article. You don't even need to edit or proof read. But then sometimes you don't always do that now.

December 8, 2010 at 10:15 a.m.
  • Familyman,
    Thanks for the tip on Billy. I finally quit using the dog shears and need a good barber. I'm going to look him up today.

December 8, 2010 at 10:12 a.m.
  • a sharpie marker will take care of her eyebrow and make it look better!

December 8, 2010 at 9:19 a.m.

December 8, 2010 at 8:50 a.m.
  • If this scene were on America's Funniest Videos, it would surely win the $100,000 grand prize. I can almost see the stylists rolling on the floor, unable to get up because they are laughing so hard.

I remember an English teacher in junior high who only put makeup on one eye one morning. She was red headed. The entire class was laughing so hard that we couldn't hear what she was saying. She had no clue what was so funny.

Gabe, I am going to have a GREAT day after reading this one. It put a smile on my face that will last at least a day but maybe into the weekend.

December 8, 2010 at 8:36 a.m.
  • This is front-page worthy, "investigative" reporting? Will we be subjected to a multi-installment series of stories "Follicle Tunnel"? Will the reporter be submitting this story to his peers for journalism awards? Curious minds (or at least one) want to know.

December 8, 2010 at 7:11 a.m.
  • This was a hair-raising incident - such a close shave! Without browbeating too much eye expect the customer is thinking it would be folly to call (follicle - a stretch, I know) upon this business in the future.

December 8, 2010 at 6:35 a.m.
  • If you need your hair cut go to " Hair It Is" . Billy, the owner, only charges $9 to cut a mans hair any way he wants it. "Hair It Is" is located downtown on main street next to the post office. Great hair cut!! Billy has been cutting hair for decades too! Very professional.
    Just a note from a happy customer.

December 8, 2010 at 5:20 a.m.
  • i went there about a year ago and the stylist tried to choke me with the cover they put over you when they cut your hair.i hate regis.it is the worst place in town.

December 8, 2010 at 2:42 a.m.