Home » Fountain Hotel & Suites closes » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Great observations . But UHV needs more rooms. Good luck on your taxes. The comment they made to me was "We don't care". And someone on the side must own stock in the cement sidewalk company because its hard to tell if its the "curbs of the times" or "time of the curbs".

December 23, 2010 at 8:11 a.m.
  • And whats up with the city not going after these people for unpaid taxes & the slumlord that owed a fortune in water bills, but they don't hesitate when it comes to homeowners, not only for property taxes but also for not mowing city owned right of ways???

December 21, 2010 at 4:36 p.m.
  • Yep Localgirl...that was it. I heard it from many different people in the area. Beautiful house, stupid location! My dad was dying to buy it for some odd reason, I guess cause it got cheap enough. These guys came into town from somewhere else, did the thing with that house & hotel, stiffed everyone involved, went bankrupt & now are very behind in their taxes.....money laundering was a phrase being being thrown around about them. Read fast, this is sure to be deleted.

December 21, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
  • VBB, I'm right with you on the dual ownership of this motel and that house near Jade Drive. I heard that the contractors for that house all got stiffed on their bills after the house was completed. Seems like it was a scam to build a model home and promise the people who wanted the homes the moon and then leave town when the bills hit. Anyone else hear that?

December 21, 2010 at 3:11 p.m.
  • now how does that nice, new, clean-looking place go out of business and yet that disgusting, drug-infested six flags motel down the street is still in operation ?

December 21, 2010 at 2:48 p.m.

December 21, 2010 at 2:22 p.m.
  • I remember the owners to be involved in some shady construction deal a while back, then that company went out of business. I know that was the company that built this hotel, I thought they were running it also but I could be wrong.

December 21, 2010 at 2:02 p.m.
  • Does the Advocate know what the occupancy rate was? If if was over 50% someone may need to be audited.

December 21, 2010 at 12:08 p.m.
  • GOP_LoveChild, I hear that sound! Don't you?

It's loud and strong. Only........that stampede is heading OUT of town.

Whoops, wrong direction! Hey, come back guys!

Aw.....nevermind.

December 21, 2010 at 12:01 p.m.
  • If the government bailed every failing company in Victoria out, then the gov. would be in trouble. Laissez-faire

December 21, 2010 at 11:30 a.m.
  • How devestating for the employees and thier families. and right at christmas time too. we should all remember these people in our prayers. why doesn't the government do something ?

December 21, 2010 at 11:24 a.m.
  • I wonder where all the tourist are going to stay now? UHV should buy it........

December 21, 2010 at 9:14 a.m.
  • Where' that sound of a "BOOTS" stampede.

December 21, 2010 at 8:16 a.m.