Comments

• Get's SSI monthly checks but can't afford a shower but goes to Starbucks daily, looks in pretty good shape to not been able to take a hot shower much less laundry.
    Lived the good life in Mexico but the "Cartels" were putting heat on him. I have family that has retired and live in Mexico and don't have a problem. They say sure the cartels are there but leave them alone they will leave you alone.

December 26, 2010 at 4:08 p.m.
  • This is a beautiful story. If I were in Mr. Litchfield's situation.....I would probably do the exact same thing. My 2 dogs are my "children". Light: What an "awsomely big heart" you have. God Bless you. If I (or anyone else) wanted to make a donation: blankets, dog food, clothes, perhaps money. I would hope to catch him at Christ's Kitchen sometime. Victoria Advocate - Please keep us posted on Mr. Litchfield & his family.

December 24, 2010 at 5:32 p.m.
  • Light, what a generous & thoughtful offer....bless you & yours.

I have to say, for not having a shower in so long, he is very well groomed & clean.

Kudos to the Advocate, two touching human interest stories in so many days.....y'all have me in tears.

December 24, 2010 at 5:08 p.m.
  • notamorningperson- reread the article. It says he goes to Starbucks and the Library to use the internet connection. At the end of the video he said he has been self employed most of his life and is trying to start a company on the web. I give him props for staying in good spirits and at least trying as much as he can to make things better. He isn't just asking for hand outs like other people in this town, he is working for something better.

December 24, 2010 at 11:22 a.m.
  • "It's a touching story but I see things that don't pan out. He can't afford a hot shower but he can visit Starbucks daily? What does he do with the dogs when he is in Starbuck or the library? He left the states because of the "corruption" in one area of market? Hmmm"

He left because he said he was found guilty of a crime he wasn't guilty of...He's not broke, he gets SS, enough to get a cup of coffee with and gas for his truck I'm sure.

In any case I hope someone out there reads this and has a place where he can live out in the country that is affordable and big dog friendly.

December 24, 2010 at 10:36 a.m.
  • Best human interest story all year from The Advocate. I hope someone out there has an inexpensive house for this man to rent. As a dog owner, I know how difficult it is to find a house to rent when you have pets.

December 24, 2010 at 10:23 a.m.
  • It's a touching story but I see things that don't pan out. He can't afford a hot shower but he can visit Starbucks daily? What does he do with the dogs when he is in Starbuck or the library? He left the states because of the "corruption" in one area of market? Hmmm....

December 24, 2010 at 10:07 a.m.
  • I have met this man, and the next time I see him I will ask him to come to my home for a hot shower. I can do that with an open heart, we can also share dog food for his beautful pets. It hurts me to know that there are so few places for large dog owner to rent homes or apartments. I hope that will change one day. If Mr. Litchfield will exept our offer of a daily shower that would be great, we love helping when we can. I pray he will find a place he will like very soon. LIGHT

December 24, 2010 at 8:33 a.m.
  • What a very moving story, God certainly has a purpose and plan for this gentleman. May you sir have a blessed Merry Christmas. You know you have a great story in front of you when it touches your soul and brings tears to your eyes....

December 24, 2010 at 8:01 a.m.
  • I wish I was in Victoria and could help, at least let him have a hot shower. Maybe one of my friends in Victoria will step up to the plate during this holiday season.

December 24, 2010 at 7:57 a.m.
  • Nice story. Home is where you hang your hat! It could be a million dollar mansion or a dilapidated old vehicle. When you are asleep it really does not matter anyway. I can see his point of view. The dogs aer more important than comfort. Good luck and hope you find a shower soon. Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2010 at 7:18 a.m.
  • What a touching story.........

December 23, 2010 at 8:50 p.m.