Comments

• Thank you GoliaChicka, money is NOT everything. This issue has been going on for a while. The county commissioners court has engaged the people and the people have said no. I don't know where the folks on this posting have been. It is not a sign of being unpatriotic just because folks don't want this--shame on those who have accused this.

January 4, 2011 at 4:05 p.m.
  • Did you miss the part where it says 500 touch and goes a day? Or the 130,000 TONS of pollution? I imagine that none of the Goliad residents who are for this project are the ones that live near Berclair. Everytime there is some controversy like this, the folks who are not affected by it in the least are the first ones to mention money. Money money money money. Why do you think its always about the money? With UEC its about the water, with the Navy its about pollution and quality of life. Its not about the money. Get your priorities straight - MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.

January 3, 2011 at 11:54 a.m.
  • Good grief. The Navy sold the land for a dollar in 1991 and now they are willing to pay 2.6 million? Goliad has done absolutely nothing with this land and now has a chance to make that kind of profit and instead they are protesting and suing. Be a good American and support the Navy and make the money to boot. This is ridiculous that we have a community unwilling to help America!

December 29, 2010 at 10:42 a.m.
  • I live in Goliad and would be proud to have the Navy flyboys practice their touch and go's here! Go Navy!!

December 29, 2010 at 10:26 a.m.
  • Didn't the Navy give the land to Goliad to start with? Now they have buy it back? One taxpayer funded agency swapping dollars with another? This is truely insane.

December 29, 2010 at 8:59 a.m.
  • Seriously. The Navy had the land, gave it to the county when liberals cut defense funding, and now the Navy needs it back and like spoiled little kids the county is crying. C'mon grow up and be proud to be an American.

December 29, 2010 at 8:54 a.m.
  • I hope everyone keeps believing that this is just for the Navy. Their is a airport at the island that the military used all the time. Their is a fire burning under a wet wood pile. I believe Corpus Christi has something else in mind with military as a front.

December 29, 2010 at 8:49 a.m.
  • "we just can't sit back and let this happen We have got to fight it"
    Isn’t that what Fannin said just before he got massacred?

Instead of wasting you money on lawyers and lawsuits, you folks should hire a team of psychiatrists and physiologists so you may find what in San Antonio River water that makes western Europeans think they’re invincible in the face of insurmountable odds.

Really, this has been going on since Bowie, Travis and Fannin among other folks started drinking this water. It’s not like you need another massacre re-enactment. You people are going to get creamed, AGAIN!

December 29, 2010 at 8:47 a.m.
  • Goltsiad- yes I live in Victoria, but I was also a Navy wife. The military and civilian contractors have to buy gas, they have to eat, and they may even find a place to rent. That is stimulating your economy. I have never heard of a town being so disrespectful to our military. Like another poster said it is a slap to the face.

Sofedup- my generalization was unfair, I am sure there are people in Goliad like yourself. My comment was geared more to the "powers that be".

December 29, 2010 at 7:54 a.m.
  • I agree they should have taken the money and move on, maybe it would cut our high taxes that we have in Goliad, I agree the animals will ajust and I really don't think it going to be as bad as the news makes it. I should hope they wouldn't waste more tax dollars on something that county don't have to spend and I doubt that if the folks fighting this would pay for it out of there pocket because they be broke in a short time. Like someone say the lawyer is going to be the only ones winning they going to be paid win or lose, Maybe if this lawyer would not charge and (see how long he stay with the folks ) he is only in it for the money. That I agree with. Take a vote and let the people say what they want bet a vote would show how much support they have fighting this. I like these people but come on.

December 29, 2010 at 7:37 a.m.
  • I am a Goliad County resident and I agree that the Navy should take over. I was for the commissioners accepting what the Navy offered.
    I am l00% behind our military! All my freedom is the result of men and now women who care enough to fight and lose their lives, sometimes. So please don't condemn all of us in Goliad for the actions of a small group!
    No, this would bring no business to our small town as in the past the folks lived and shopped in Beeville.

December 29, 2010 at 7:29 a.m.
  • I think they should Navy should consider southern Lavaca County for a spot.

December 29, 2010 at 6:31 a.m.
  • Goliad will not get any money for the airpark and the Navy will take it over by whatever means possible. You just don't do what Goliad is doing in a time of war! It is a slap in the face to everyone in the military. The U.S. Government will win this one. Goliad, I say make lemonaide out of the lemons you will be delt!

December 29, 2010 at 6:26 a.m.
  • Justamom.

I wholeaheartly agree with you. I do not care whether it is a touch and go pad. Goilad goes into .........the "PENHEAD" section of the day.

AMERICA IS AT WAR and these fools in GOLIAD is doing an unpatriotic thing. I hope, I pray that GOLIAD does NOT receive ANY FEDERAL AID or HELP !!!!!!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 5:54 a.m.
  • even if they get the 2.6 million the navy originally offered, their lawyer will keep a nice chunk of it

December 29, 2010 at 1:50 a.m.
  • justamom the article said a touch and go testing facitily nothing about buying local fuel and other things that stimulate the local ecomony.......i bet you live in Victoria.......

December 28, 2010 at 10:57 p.m.
  • I'm all for the Navy having the airpark, it was theirs to begin with. Our boys need a place to practice, they fight for our freedom! The animals and wildlife will adjust!

December 28, 2010 at 10:09 p.m.
  • Oh what happened to the small town patriotic support our troops? Support them as long as they do as you say? The Navy would bring business to your little dying town, get over yourselves and welcome the military that has so bravely fought for you.

December 28, 2010 at 9:40 p.m.