Comments

• Half-Price Bookstore, I like that. And some of your logic is true. Lets wish for a new HEB. I sure hope you are right about the win-win.

January 1, 2011 at 8:18 p.m.
  • Bigger is better when it comes to jobs. Drive me nuts all this "taxpayers this, tapayers that." I also pay taxes, but you know what, I don't care. I am so glad that a company as great as CAT is comming to Victoria. I was lucky to get a great job in Victoria and soon even more people will be able to say the same.

January 1, 2011 at 6:55 p.m.
  • I cannot believe that some people believe bigger is better........ How much can Victoria Afford? How much is this costing taxpayers? Please don't tell me nothing. Perhaps I should buy some boots. Rubber with steal toe.

January 1, 2011 at 6 p.m.
  • The Cat announcement is definetly the best thing that occurred in 2010. Now the trick for the VEDC is to find other potentials. We can't just settle for one if we want to continue positive growth. We are losing jobs here in Victoria much faster than we are creating jobs. Retail jobs (i.e. the mall) have been lost at an alarming rate. Call centers, etc., etc. have closed faster than we are creating jobs. Our students that we will continue to attempt to recruit need jobs.

January 1, 2011 at 10:41 a.m.
  • I'll feel better after they actually begin construction. Buying that company that already has facilities to manufacture the same equipment bothers me.
    Patrick Barnes

January 1, 2011 at 6:22 a.m.
  • I am glad Cat decided to build in Victoria! This is a big boost to the economy no matter the tax cuts. The jobs alone are worth it. I wish I could get a job there. Cat pays good from what I hear. What was the last big project to come to Victoria? Does anyone remember? Maybe one of the plants, and that was how long ago? I have only been in the area since 1988 and do not remember anything as big as Cat coming to town.

January 1, 2011 at 4:56 a.m.
  • Well, bring ur boots !! Yee haa! We are such an exciting town !!

December 31, 2010 at 6:16 p.m.