Comments

• I thought the police could not ticket unless they actually saw the traffic offense occur. ??

July 16, 2010 at 11:17 p.m.
  • Not all police department's will cite for traffic offenses not committed within their presence or view. Victoria is one of them.

July 16, 2010 at 3:48 p.m.
  • Again, the elderly should be screened once a year, instead they can renew their license by mail. This could have been a very tragic ending.

July 15, 2010 at 1:50 p.m.
  • I guess I owe the VPD an apology for my comments about this accident. I read in the Chronicle that Houston PD let a forign student go after he killed three people in a wreck he caused while driving drunk. The cops said the field sobriety test was inconclusive so they let him go til they got the blood tests back. They didn't think someone with an international passport was a flight risk. Meantime, the killer got on a plane and boogied back home. Nepal, I think it was. So, VPD, please accept my apologies. You're not as bad as Houston.

July 15, 2010 at 12:31 p.m.
  • West is more than welcome to have the old folks who can't drive. Actually he wasn't running away...I was chasing him away from the East.

WEST IS BEST!!! ...at playing bingo, cleaning dentures, getting senior discounts, and other such stereotypical old people stuff.

I kid, I kid.

July 14, 2010 at 1:42 p.m.
  • Okay, I'm confused. The Cadillac driver ran a stop sign and collided with another car that had stopped and proceeded legally. The driver who caused the accident and was not ticketed. What do yo want to bet that if he'd been driving seven mph over the posted limit and went through a radar trap but didn't cause an accident he WOULD have been ticketed? VPD says they enforce speed laws in order to make the roads safer and prevent accidents. So, if an accident happens but wasn't a function of speed, they don't care? Do I have that right?

July 14, 2010 at 10:12 a.m.
  • Alas "quete", I must agree with you. A person runs a stop sign and an investigation must be conducted to determine if a citation should be issued, what is wrong with this town's PD?

July 14, 2010 at 8:32 a.m.
  • Something needs to be done about that intersection, it's always a gamble if you're going to make it through or not. I hate adding more stop lights as much as the next person, but I think it's needed here.

July 14, 2010 at 8:22 a.m.
  • You run a stop sign and no citation is issued , Victorias' finest at work....they are a big joke.

July 14, 2010 at 8:06 a.m.