Comments

• Answer the question !!!!!!

June 8, 2010 at 10:45 p.m.
  • Holly1.

What rights did you have yesterday that are gone today?

June 8, 2010 at 3:04 a.m.
  • I'm more worried about what the govt is doing to our rights in those closed door sessions than I am about someone spray painting on a roadway.

June 5, 2010 at 8:03 a.m.
  • WWW.

The threat is just a primer.

June 4, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
  • Hey, J. "The problem you and others are, not, NOT talking about is that it TOOK MONTHS before anyone said anything about it. That, Jimi Dollar, is a load of collectivist nonsense."

If you were so upset about it, why didn't YOU say anything earlier. I didn't KNOW about it until the picture was published. And, while it's not nice to wish death on anyone, it's no worse to wish it on BO than, oh say, Glen Beck.

If THIS is what you have your panties in a wad over, you need to calm down. Some idiot spray-painting death to anyone on a roadway is hardly the worst threat I can imagine. Worry about the ones who DON'T say anything first.

June 3, 2010 at 9:54 p.m.
  • Jimi Dollar.

How do you know if it was some Crazy kids. You and others on here are making light of this. The problem you and others are, not, NOT talking about is that it TOOK MONTHS before anyone said anything about it. That, Jimi Dollar, is a load of collectivist nonsense.

June 3, 2010 at 9:09 p.m.
  • How am I diminshed by what some crazy kids spray paint on a road? What a load of collectivist nonsense!

June 3, 2010 at 8:14 p.m.
  • If this nation wasn’t tolerant there wouldn’t be a Bill of Rights and due process of the law. Since reading and making comments for the past three years, one conclusion brigns to mind and that is this area is BACKWARDS in thinking. Your comment is backwards that breed nothing more than ignorance.

I refuse someone to think they are better than me.

I refuse to let someone get away with code words .

I refuse to let education to be propaganda.

I refuse to let the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th amendment to be ignore in the court room.

I refuse to let bigots, idiots, chest beaters, and nutjobs on this forum get away with their lying.

I refuse to let things go One step forward and three back.

I refuse to be silent.

Enough is enough and things need to change in the Crossroads by “ANY MEANS NECESSARY”.

June 3, 2010 at 6:15 a.m.
  • "The problem with all of this is the very foolish idea that TOLERANCE is what built this Nation"

I stopped reading after this statement. Read the Constitution of the United States properly and then come back here and post what you find.

The very document itself is imbued with the language and passion of tolerant, thoughtful, intellectual men of the world.

You should be lucky that tolerance was one of the Founding Fathers many virtues because the ability to be able express yourself in the way you have just done is directly attributable to what you are vehemently denying.

June 3, 2010 at 12:03 a.m.
  • The problem with all of this is the very foolish idea that TOLERANCE is what built this Nation, while just the contrary is true. IF the founders of this nation were indeed tolerant, we would still be a colony of Great Britain.

I refuse to tolerate those who have never worked outside the public sector as leaders

I refuse to tolerate those who preach "change" and advance the same old failed policies, at an accelerated pace.

I refuse to sit lazily by, while my nation and my beliefs are kicked to the curb.

I refuse to allow ONE of the Bill of Rights be put violated.

I refuse to allow the ignorant to threaten in veiled attempts my rights to mine.

I refuse to tolerate biasis journalists in their attempts to make belated points in support of unpopular views.

Property damage is to be tolerated, as long as no threats are made. Is that your opinion, VicAd Editorial Board?

"Don't Tread on ME"

June 2, 2010 at 9:02 p.m.
  • Hatred of any kind is a fast food unhappy meal consisting mostly of ignorance, fear and laziness.

Like any good meal, doing away with hatred means taking the time to pick out quality ingredients like open mindedness, empathy, respect and a pinch of patience. Mix them in a hefty pot of a good education, cook them on high in a well balanced oven and well, damn, pass the salt!

I don't know about you but some folk around here look to be half starved...

(This message was brought to you by the good people at Analogies 'R' Us)

June 2, 2010 at 2:37 p.m.
  • thewaywardwind--

You asked for examples of hate speech by Limbaugh and Beck. I found this for you, all neatly in one article.

I know, you won't like the source, but remember, that doesn't make it untrue.

June 2, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
  • Zorro...Can you defferentiate between hate and honest disagreement, or when the subject is Barrack Hussein Obama, does ALL disagreement rise (or perhaps sink) to the level of hate? For example, I don't agree with my wife about everything, but I still like her.

I would remind you that those whom you accuse of spouting hate are acting under the cover of protection provided by the First Amendment and Barrack Hussein Obama, being a public figure, is pretty much fair game for anything anyone wants to say about him.

June 2, 2010 at 1:13 p.m.
  • When hate is packaged as opposition or disagreement, it becomes a wolf in sheep's clothing. Hate is the toxic motivation behind deliberate misrepresentation and demonization of people due to their color or religion. In it's most famous application, Adolph Hitler perfected the art of scapegoating the Jews for the ills of Germany. What Limbaugh, Beck and Fox does does today is a retooled version of that scheme.

June 2, 2010 at 12:46 p.m.
  • Zorro...I'm just wondering, since I don't get a chance to listen to Limbaugh or Beck because I'm working when they're on, what is the "hate and intolerance" they make so much money on? Is there real hatred pushed, or do you, like some others, equate disagreement with hate? Is it intolerance to expect the government to control the border and at least TRY to keep the number of illegals coming across in check? Is it hate speech to disagree with the president when you think he's wrong? Is it hate or intolerance when a person speaks his mind that the president is all about the redistribution of wealth in this country but but is a hypocrit because he won't share any of his considerable fortune with an impoverished aunt who was living here illegally until she was told she could stay because she's related to the president? Is it hateful to point out the fact that the president is still a radical "community organizer" who has taken his show to a higher level by going national? Is it hate speech to point out that the president was an ineffectual legislator who didn't do anything but collect a paycheck before he ran from president?

I'm just wondering. You accuse Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck of spouting hate speech and being intolerant and I am seeking examples of such.

June 2, 2010 at 12:29 p.m.
  • We have a lead in the case. Spelling Comie instead of Commie means the perp must be a past student of VISD.

Signed,

VPD

June 2, 2010 at 11:17 a.m.
  • The nation is being victimized by Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and the other personalities at Fox News. They preach hate and intolerance and make money doing so. Scapegoat is their game, and lies is their shame.

June 2, 2010 at 10:29 a.m.
  • mracp I agree with you.
    Obama is human, has a family. And never have I ever wanted him to die. That kind of thinking is harmful to others and yourself. Voting time will be here again before you know it. Then you can vote him out.
    And it might even be adult in the act of this crime also. I know a few suppose to be adult that act like children.

June 2, 2010 at 7:06 a.m.
  • I had about ENOUGH, ENOUGH of this. The time for talking is over !!!!!!!!!!

June 2, 2010 at 5:02 a.m.
  • What hypocrites! By your own hand, "anti-Obama graffiti remained on a busy Victoria street for at least a couple of months", and was in fact ignored by the author and his/her boardmates. How convient that you now self-anoint sainthood on this date. What's the matter? Slow news day? Or time for preaching?

The shameful desecration is just as shameful as the paper belated response to ANY property destruction.

But then again, the graffiti is just as irrelavant as the local news sources.

June 2, 2010 at 3:58 a.m.
  • Editorial board

It is not just the hate graffiti but ALL GRAFFITI that does. It damages public and private property and Lowers the public image of our city as a whole. IT ALL NEEDS TO STOP. Where are the parents of the kids who TAG UP our city? OH THAT'S RIGHT they are at home waiting on those govt checks instead of out raising their kids.

June 2, 2010 at 3:37 a.m.
  • Shades..
    You have that backwards it is when the govt takes from us we have less freedom and liberty. not your statement.

Every time the govt passes a new law removing our rights and freedom we lose these things. A prime example is Obama Care heath plan. It takes hard earned money away from the taxpayer and REDISTRIBUTES THAT WEALTH to the SEGMENT of society who think the govt owes them a living (WELFARE, MEDICAID) This country was founded on hard work not high taxes and HUGE govt entitlement programs. Maybe I could afford HEALTH INSURANCE if my TAXES were not so high. Just add up all the taxes and fees and what-ever else they want to call it OUR govt takes at least 60-70% of the income from those who WORK to give it to those who DONT. It is time for the working class taxpayers to say enough is enough!!!!!!! OUR Retired people paid into the system all their lives to get SOCIAL SECURITY through payroll deductions. NO ILLEGAL IMMERGRANT should ever get money from a system they never paid into. NO AMNESTY NOW OR EVER!!!!!!! NO MORE FREE RIDE PERIOD!!!!!AND 1 MORE THING WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE learn it or GET OUT!!!!!!

June 2, 2010 at 3:24 a.m.
  • Many things ring true in this article. As a people we are better than this.........We live in the greatest country in the world and enjoy the freedoms and liberties it offers. I must remind you---there is a price for these freedoms. The tradeoff is less government, when we take something from government we give up a piece of our liberty. That is fact.

June 1, 2010 at 9:38 p.m.
  • If we don't like the government we receive, we can take many peaceable steps, starting with voting. If we let one racist or hate-filled comment stand unchallenged, we are diminished as a person, as a community and as a country.

Agreed we can take peaceable steps with voting. Now as for one racist hate filled comment to diminish us, sorry but kiss butt Obama has already diminished us and weakened us as a country by going around and apologizing for everything and bowing to every leader he come across. So do I feel sorry for him, NO!

June 1, 2010 at 8:40 p.m.
  • Well spoken, VicAd.
    One can hardly speak of the USA as a civilized nation anymore without argument. True, we're far more civilized and technologically advanced than many nations, but when it comes to hatred, violence, and racism, we're certainly not immune.

People laugh and scoff at the anti-Obama message event, as if it's no big deal. Maybe it isn't. But where do we draw the line when it involves these acts of hatred and bigotry? If President Obama was a truly hateful man (such as Hugo Chavez), then I can understand poeple getting so angry. But President Obama is not a mean guy. Some of us may not agree with his choices, but that doesn't warrant this despicable behavior. Suppose someone didn't agree with YOU. Would you want them to endorse an attempt on your life upon a city street? I seriously doubt it.

People are continually getting more frustrated and aggravated about their daily lives, so they do something that they think will help - such as, start a anti-President club, or smear their name in public, or threaten their life on a public street, etc. What they don't understand is that no matter what president we have, there will be someone who isn't happy - someone who watches the news day after day, and finally snaps, and wants to blame someone. And who else can he blame for all his woes - but the President? It's so easy to blame him.

It's official. Two consecutive presidents (Republican and Democrat) have been in office during recent catastrophic events. This should prove to everyone that, similar to what I said before, it doesn't matter what President is on duty, things will happen! Especially in this volatile day and age.

Sure, we get frustrated... and angry. I get angry. Many times. But at least I try to act a little civilized. Hurting someone (or endorsing the act) does not even enter my mind. I'm better than that. I don't stoop to such levels. And, as long as I'm of sound mind, that will be my creed.

June 1, 2010 at 8:32 p.m.
  • Hmmm, and “commie” was misspelled. Wonder where they work?
    Just wondering.

June 1, 2010 at 7:40 p.m.