Comments

• one last post, i want to apologize to t.j's family for making my opinion public. to his g/f for addin somewhat to her worries. now for this so called family seeking 'justice': opinions are like @ssh0l3s, everyone has one, and from what i hear that family has plenty. try focusing on the people really suffering from this tragedy, she needs all the love she can get. u wont hear anything else from me, so have a good life.

June 14, 2010 at 11:19 p.m.
  • TELL EVERYONE AT PFG HI!!

June 14, 2010 at 11:08 a.m.
  • and braiydon wasnt 16 months old fool

June 13, 2010 at 11:27 p.m.
  • justiceforbraiydon........ maybe u should rethink ur title, becuz its b.s. i never said t.j. was perfect, because noone is. i know enough to speak on this, and i know who this is. the one person trying to make this all about them, the one that went running to the newspaper to get their story heard, the one who is the first in line to put themself in the light when they should be caring and supporting their family, regardless how this trial ends. look in the damn mirror, can u honeslty be proud of urself??? im just curious to see and hear how ur gonna make urself look stupid next. may braiydon rest in peace, and may t.j. get what he deserves, whatever god has in store for him. u show me one perfect parent, anywhere in this world. good luck!!!

June 13, 2010 at 11:24 p.m.
  • It’s hard to sit around and watch what Chrism361 is saying without giving a response. If you want to stand on your soapbox all alone preaching our justice system, we all know how it works.

If you want the facts ---even though you said you met him several times, T.J. is a violent man. He doesn’t even deserve to be called a man for that matter. If you met him on several occasions, you’d know something was really off with him. If you were ever at his house ---seeing all the holes in the walls that he punched or kicked in, then you’d know the kind of person he is. If you knew how he cared for his child, then there would be no question WHO did this!

If you saw how aloof he was as his child was laying there in the hospital ---there would be no question. The whole time he was in Corpus, it was like a vacation for him. You wouldn’t think he was there because his son was dying. Did you see him at the funeral? No? He didn’t even try to “act” remorseful or sympathetic. How can he? He has ice running through his veins.

I also read on here that Braiydon was Halo-Flighted ---that’s not true. He was taken by ambulance to Corpus Christi.

I can spew off more facts than you’d like to know Chrism361, but do you really have the stomach for it.

I’d suggest getting off your all mighty soapbox and looking at the facts. The doctor’s said that SOMEONE with enough strength to crush a skull did this to Braiydon, and worse Braiydon had old injuries that were healing from a few months back if you can imagine. In his short 16 months of life ----this baby was constantly abused! So they didn’t go after T.J. because they were bored and had nothing to do. They got their facts and ran with it because a baby is dead.

Why would T.J. in a fleeting moment of remorse put his hands to his head and say in front of his son before they unplugged him, “I’m so sorry! I’m so sorry!” Guilt maybe?

We want to see our justice system works the way it does for everyone, but I’m not going to sit here and watch you paint T.J. in a different light than what our whole family saw him. He’s evil. He deserves to be punished and I will be there watching when they give him his lethal injection! Then, only then, would we know our justice system worked.

Out of respect for my family Chrism, get off your soapbox and stop acting like you have an “inside line” because you don’t even know the half of it!

June 12, 2010 at 2:49 a.m.
  • Unfortunately, when it comes to a baby's life, authorities go harder on people. Emotions play into it and that is just the way it is.

June 11, 2010 at 12:39 a.m.
  • well, sir. finally you see and understand that he must be proven guilty before being punished. thats not the case with those who say give him the chair or lock him up and throw away the key. if he is, by no doubt or question, guilty, i will certainly hope he gets what someone would do this deserves. and no i was not there, but i am simply one person with one opinion, and will not judge or write this man off, before he is even tried. put yourself in his shoes, guilty or not. should you be punished and held liable from the get go, or would like to be treated fairly until it is proven you are guilty? of course you will sit there and continue to point fingers at the so called guilty, until it happens to you. if you knew the whole story, which i am not allowed to share, you would see what i mean, so go ahead and make your assumptions and see how this plays out. God bless you, honestly.

June 10, 2010 at 10:58 p.m.
  • oh, and chrism,

What do you want the vpd to share? This is a criminal case and they do not share details that will taint a jury. All details will be brought up at the trial. Both attorneys will get the details and that is all that needs them.

June 9, 2010 at 9:25 p.m.
  • chrism,
    I never said he was guilty. I said it was not impossible for any person to snap. With my own kids, I had to walk outside at times to calm down. Most people have the control to do that, but some people don't think to do that, they just react. And, I am not saying this is what happened, but it is a possibility.
    I said I WASN'T THERE! Were you there? I have no more a way of knowing whether he is guilty, as you have of knowing he is innocent. It's nothing more than speculation on either end, unless you were there, and then you would be implicated too.
    I said the courts will decide by the preponderance of the evidence, apparently really strong evidence.
    BTW, if the man is innocent, and the baby was in his care, why hasn't he told what happened? Did he fall out of the crib, hit his head on something while no one was watching, did the father leave the baby with someone else, what? Those kinds of injuries just don't appear by themselves, not on children that small.

June 9, 2010 at 9:18 p.m.
  • VPD didn't start the investigation...Corpus PD did, after being notified by the hospital where this baby was life flighted, due to his extensive injuries. Marks dont show up immediately....when you bang your knee against the corner of the coffee table, it hurts like a mo-fo, but the bruise shows up a day or so later. Lack of "marks" proves nothing, much less innocence.

An innocent baby is dead due to blunt force trauma....what killed this baby then? You never responded to Edith Anns request for your theory. Something or someone had to have brutalized this baby for him to have died from BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA.

June 9, 2010 at 8:55 p.m.
  • born2bme, i understand what u r tryin to say and agree, he must be held accountable if guilty, but my opinion is he is not, simple. for u to assume he commited this crime and for anyone to say anything before proven guilty can take ur advice and stfu. few men spent time in prison and were later proven innocent. but they will never be the same, but who cares.... i am a firm believer in the justice system and feel this is one of those rare cases where they are wrong. if u dont like my opinion, dont. im simply speaking on my behalf. i will post a picture of my @ss for all u to kiss once this case is over, just to say i told u so. noone should go through this process unfairly, and thats how he has been treated. every person can voice their opinion, but truth is it doesnt mean sh!t. all people like to point fingers where they are told to, but take the time to look at all facts, if the vpd would be willing to share, which they wont because all the proof they have is their own beliefs of what happened. so suck it.

June 9, 2010 at 3:47 p.m.
  • chrism seemed to say that there were no "visable" marks on the body. Does he/she not understand that an autopsy is usually done in these kinds of cases and all the gory pictures were taken, and for the DA to be so sure about this, he mujst have had ample cause to charge this man?
    Unless chrism was there at the home or at the hospital, he/she has no place to make these assumptions and accuse all of us of unjustly accusing a man.
    I, for one, have not passed judgement on this man, because I WASN'T THERE. A judge and jury will decide his fate.

June 9, 2010 at 12:48 p.m.
  • chrism--let's go with your assertion that this guy didn't do it.

The infant died from blunt force trauma. That's been established. So who did it, then? How did this child die? You must have some theory if you are certain the father didn't do it.

Share, please.

Thank you.

June 9, 2010 at 12:37 p.m.
  • "Point the finger at myself for judging a mans life by a story"? Is that what you got out of what I said?
    Chrism, did you see the baby's body before he was taken to the hospital? If you didn't, you have no reason to be acting this way. Apparently the hospital personnel, which are experts in the field, saw blunt force trauma to the babies head and did what they had to do by law. They contacted officials.
    The evidence presented at the trial, will either exhonerate this man, or he will be proven guilty. Let the man's attorney do his/her job.
    Put it this way. You are acting like you were there with this man. Do you know for absolute certain that it didn't happen, or were you there? In that case, you would be just as guilty. If you weren't there, then STFU.

June 9, 2010 at 10:46 a.m.
  • couldnt have said it better myself born2bme. i do know there was no alcohol, drugs, or that this ''incident' never took place. ive never seen someone get '' repeadetedly struck'' and not have visible marks. this isnt worth anymore of my time, so when they publish that he is set free, look in the mirror and point the finger at yourself for judging one mans life by a story. the blame has to go somewhere is the realest and sadest truth in this case.

June 9, 2010 at 8:12 a.m.
  • I can honestly say that I never met this man, but I do know that seemingly great fathers have their breaking point. We all do for that matter.
    There are many things that we don't know about what happened. Was there alcohol involved, was there drugs involved, was there a medical problem that could have caused that kind of reaction? None of us know, but the law has some kind of evidence, or they could not do what they are doing.
    This man will get his day in court and if he is innocent, then the evidence will prove it. If he isn't innocent, the evidence will prove that too.

June 9, 2010 at 12:03 a.m.
  • @chrism361
    seeking assistance for his baby does not make him innocent.

a drunk driver may render aide to a victim of an accident they caused, but does that make them innocent?

the police do not have to be objective, neither does the DA. the newspaper is supposed to be, unless it is an op-ed piece.

we can form our opinions all we want. the burden of objectivity lies on the jury or judge in the case. they are sworn to let the evidence, and only the evidence, guide their opinion.

@kylec - well said.

June 8, 2010 at 11:57 p.m.
  • let me try to answer or respond to all comments. no i am not related to this man, but i do know a little about him. although you dont want to believe someone can do this, it is possible. in my heart he did not beat abuse or even neglect this handsome baby. i had the chance to meet this baby several times and when a father loves his son the way i saw mr white love his, there is no doubt in my mind he didnt this. now every inmate in prison may cry ''innocence'', but i only know who i know and my opinion is terrence will be found innocent, but he will have to live with this for life. losing a son and being called a murderer no matter the verdict. yes we live by man's law, yes police are expected to uphold the law, collect evidence, prove guilt. truth is no one hasnt proven anything other than the blame needing to be put on someone, if i stole a brand new f150 from mac haik, do u think i will drive it to the dealership the next day????? u can judge a man on his past but does it give u the right to blame him for something else without proof, and lock him up saying he is a flight risk to justify your actions? all this is is a tragedy from beginning to end whenever it does end. i know everyone has and is entitled to their opinion, but think about what you write, and if you are ready to judge someone, take the time to have an educated point of view.

June 8, 2010 at 11:40 p.m.
  • Chrism, Im guessing you are related to the person charged in this case. I dont know any of the people involved, all I know is medical professionals determined a helpless baby died a horrible death and the police determined it was at the hands of the male who helped bring him into this world. From the story told here it seems that the baby could have lived if the adult male presence had taken him over to his MILs house next door. Whatever happened that set him off, he could have stepped away, but he didnt. Instead he beat a poor helpless baby to death. As a mother & grandmother this makes me very very sad. Also, as a mother & grandmother, if that were my grandbaby, this male never would have had the opprotunity to go to jail, I would have killed him myself.

June 8, 2010 at 10:34 p.m.
  • chrism361..."if the advocate or police are willing to make accusations, please print the proof, if u cant dont put people under the impression this guy is guilty. innocent til proven guilty..."

Well, chris, it's not the job of the newspaper or the police to prove guilt. The police investigate and make arrests. The newspaper prints the facts of the story so the citizens know what's going on. The District Attorney tries the case and it is upon him to provide the proof of guilt. But, right now, it's not looking good for this particular young gentleman.

June 8, 2010 at 11:48 a.m.
  • Chrism,

There are two kinds of law, God's law and Man's law. I agree with you that none of us have the right to judge him based on God's law. When the time comes only God can judge him and decide if this man can walk the streets of Heaven or burn in hell for all eternity based on God's law.

As for the second set of laws, Man's law, we have every right to judge and punish him according to our justice system. If he is found guilty of the crime he is charged with, I hope we as a society arrange the meeting for his next judgment.

June 8, 2010 at 11:34 a.m.
  • If in fact he commited this crime he deserves the death penalty.
    Anyone that would beat a infant to death is not a person who deserves to sit in jail any longer than the system needs to fulfill the required process of appeals then as soon as possible sent to meet his maker for judgement.

not all young people are bad parents but most are not ready to be parents. All to often young parents are leaving children with grandparents so they can go out and have a good time instead of taking responsabilty for their actions. Once saddled with children a lot of young parents find it hard to cope with the lose of their freedom and some take it out on the babies. A lot of these children suffer abuse of some kind. I hope others will with this tragic death seek help if they find themselves angry at their children or unable to deal with the burden of parenthood seek ways of providing a better life through adoption to a loving home before another tragic death occures.

June 8, 2010 at 9:33 a.m.
  • Chrism--

Do you think he was arrested because he didn't have anything to do with the murder of this precious child?

Are they just picking on him? Or do you think their investigation led them to this decision?

This is how the CJ system works. If we're not allowed to 'judge', i.e., look at the evidence and listen to witnesses, no one would ever be arrested for any crime.

He'll get his day in court, and perhaps you can help him out as a character witness.

June 8, 2010 at 6:56 a.m.
  • in my opinion, anyone, whether it be citizen, peace officer, or cps themselves, no one can judge this man. if he is or is not responsible for this tragedy, no one has the right to judge him. unless you can prove he did it or that you really know him at all, shut up. if the advocate or police are willing to make accusations, please print the proof, if u cant dont put people under the impression this guy is guilty. innocent til proven guilty..... yeah right! God is taking care of his angel now, may he have mercy on mr. white.

June 7, 2010 at 11:58 p.m.
  • I think he deserves the death penalty,if he wanted to beat someone up he should have picked someone who could fight back..

June 6, 2010 at 11:37 a.m.
  • LOCK HIM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!

June 6, 2010 at 10:52 a.m.
  • Cass1..." im deeply sorry to the family and friends of the baby and the baby's father because theyve lost 2 people in their lives.

When they lose the guy who killd his son, they won't lose much. He's a thug who is SO TOUGH that he beat up a baby. When he's on death row, he'll be in a single cell. Till then, I hope he has a cell-mate nicknamed "Tiny."

June 4, 2010 at 11:22 p.m.
  • WELL I HOPE THIS MOFO WILL GET WHAT HE DESERVES....AS FOR YALL PEOPLE THAT ARE TALKING MESS BOUT THESE YOUNG KIDS WHO ARE HAVING BABIES FIRST OF ALL I WAS A VERY YOUNG TEEN MOM AND I DONT APPERCIATE YALL PUTTIN US PEOPLE DOWN LIKE THAT..SUM PEOPLE THESE DAYS DONT DERSERVE TO HAVE KIDS AND BEAT THEM WHILE OTHER PEOPLE WHO CANT HAVE KIDS R HURTING...US "YOUNG BABIES HVIN BABIES" CAN TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN THANK U VERY MUCH BUT SUM PEOPLE LIKE THIS DUDE HERE DONT DERSERVE TO BREATHE AGAIN!!!!!!!...I HAVE 3 KIDS OF MY OWN N LIVING LIFE TO DA FULLEST I DO WHAT I GOTZ TO DO FOR MY KIDS SO DONT BE PUTTING DOWN "YOUNG TEENS HVIN BABIES" BECAUSE SOME OF US GET UP EVERY MORNING GO TO WORK AND HV A COLLEGE EDUCATION AND WE ARE STILL DOIN WHAT NEEDZ TO BE DONE FOR OUR KIDS!!!!!

June 4, 2010 at 10:56 p.m.
  • @xvictorian

Your overuse of generalizations lends no credence to your assertions.

Parents face the same challenges regardless of age.

Just as youth suffers from from a lack of experience and wisdom older age gives us many dysfunctions rooted in deeply entrenched behavioral patterns that are equally as detrimental to children.

Step down from your soapbox - a child has died and all else is naught but conjecture.

June 4, 2010 at 10:45 p.m.
  • Wow an 18 yr. old mama thinks of my comment as stupid when
    in fact Im older and wiser , who im also a child advocate and a
    parent. I've seen first hand how impatient young parents are
    with their child or should i say children cause they just keep having them. At least i can say i enjoyed my teen yrs. and had common sense to become a parent later in life.

June 4, 2010 at 10:20 p.m.
  • one inmate doesnt have the 'room' to put justice in their own hands, especially when they did something to put themselves in prison too. so who is one inmate to judge another inmate? im deeply sorry to the family and friends of the baby and the baby's father because theyve lost 2 people in their lives.

June 4, 2010 at 4:02 p.m.
  • Young people are completely capable of taking care of there children. I have a one year old, one of my good friends has a 3 year old. We may be young but we are capable, you are stupid for thinking that all young people aren't capable of being parent's. This guy in particular makes me mad, how could you do this to your child? Your own creation? This guy is going to get what's coming to him. He makes all young people with children look bad! As a 18 year old mom he disgusts me!

June 4, 2010 at 3:32 p.m.
  • Possible typo "An indictment issued Thursday charged Terrence White, 20, with the beating death" - "beating to death"?

June 4, 2010 at 3:23 p.m.
  • this punk deserves the death penalty. Way to many young kids
    having babies , and yet very incapable of raising then , so these
    young innocent angels have to suffer so much abuse of all kinds
    especially death. I pray for these innocent victims .

June 4, 2010 at 3 p.m.
  • I worked with this guy and we all thought something was strange about him then, this is not surprising he would crack. I hope he gets what is coming to him in prison and in Hell.

June 4, 2010 at 1:36 p.m.
  • Wildwood street again... that neighborhood is shaping up to be the arm pit of Victoria.

June 4, 2010 at 12:47 p.m.
  • LinChing..."It's just too bad that humans can breed at will, because there are many who, in reality, have less concern for their children than most animals."

I'm guessing you mean they have less concern for their children than they have for most animals. I say this because most animals care a great deal more for their offspring than some people care for their's.

I have stated this before and been blasted for it, but I'll say it again. Some people should not have kids. They either have them to prove the equipment works (Hey! Look what I did!) or don't care about the consequenses of that special night when they were drunk (You're WHAT???).

You have to pass a test to get a license to drive a car, but any idiot can cause a pregnancy. All too often the result is a tragedy.

June 4, 2010 at 10:03 a.m.
  • I firmly believe there is a special place in HELL for people that kill innocent babies and children.

Precious Braiydon, may you rest in the loving arms of God where you will have peace and suffer no more.

June 4, 2010 at 8:41 a.m.
  • It's just too bad that humans can breed at will, because there are many who, in reality, have less concern for their children than most animals. Bless you and may the peace and comfort that surpasses all understanding be yours, little Braiydon.

June 4, 2010 at 8:32 a.m.
  • I know that there are stories like this sometimes, but every time I read one, its like the first time. I cry my eyes out, and pray. I don't and will never understand.

June 4, 2010 at 8:21 a.m.
  • The code of the inmates in prison will get justice on this murderer. They hate inmates that hurt babies and will exact revenge on them from what I am told. He WILL get his!

June 4, 2010 at 6:13 a.m.