Comments

• WalMart has cameras that can track you from the time you hit the parking lot coming in to when you exit & all stops in between. Seems the bank needs better surveillence & a security guard.

I feel terrible for the teller, this must be hard on her, going back to work is going to be difficult. I hope for her sake people arent telling her what they think she should've done, if you haven't been through a situation like that, you dont know what you would or would not do.

June 9, 2010 at 8:33 p.m.
  • I agree that this teller was courageous!! Everyone can sit and talk about what THEY would have done, but they weren't there so it doesn't matter. In a world of technology and the fact that this is a bank, why was there no one there to back this poor girl up? Instead she was left all alone and terrified! The bank should be doing its part to ensure something like this can't happen again!

June 9, 2010 at 4:49 p.m.
  • Some of you people watch too much tv! Getaway cars, dye bombs, LMAO! Why didn't they just call Spiderman! Wait, maybe it was the Joker!

June 9, 2010 at 2:48 p.m.
  • Being on the cell phone also helps to block his face. As far as the teller not being able to identify the customer...stress can make people focus in on a small detail, rather than the complete picture of the guy. At least the teller remembered training on how to handle the thug and no one was hurt or in danger. This teller did what the training said to do so bravo. To even hint that the teller might be in on the robbery is a stupid statement.

June 9, 2010 at 2:01 p.m.
  • Wow, if I were the teller I would had fainted on the spot, the poor robber would had to leave without a penny, so what the teller could have done is a puzzle to me when standing face to face without the knowledge of how dangerous this bank-robber may be, but she is alive, and that I am thankful for. The police can only do their job when the phone call comes in, doesn't really matter if your a block away or fifty blocks away. I will bank on our officers getting their man!

June 9, 2010 at 1:13 p.m.
  • lmao victoria police department are nutn but a big joke !!! how u gona let sum man rob a bank n the middle of downtown n the afternoon.lol then they r ask for the public help .cum on now

June 9, 2010 at 12:17 p.m.
  • It is true, the banks of Victoria fail to utilize guards in their businesses, unlike most cities anywhere else in the U.S. Very risky, I would think, for the bank employees. Seems Victoria would be a haven for these crimes due to lack on the banks part.

June 9, 2010 at 11:41 a.m.
  • I would like to know how he was not caught, when the police are just 2 blocks away? Was the teller not up to date on procedures? Usually you put one of those dye bombs in with the money. There should be a silent alarm also. And when I worked with a bank, there was always armed security to watch the safe. Victoria never ceases to amaze me.

June 9, 2010 at 11:24 a.m.
  • Here are my 2 cents.......

There was and accomplice. He was dropped off at the entrance to the parking garage and walked to the south entrance, all the while on the cell phone to this partner giving a step by step, presented the note when what ever he was waiting for happened and then proceeded to exit and be picked up by waiting vehicle, and bye......back to wherever they came from, definitely not a hometown job......

June 9, 2010 at 10:02 a.m.
  • I am wondering if this was not a training session. why? bad video, only one video. Also streets one-way either side of bank and with the major contruction going--where did he park? Are there not secondary videos from other bldgs to see where he went or was driving???? Maybe they don't release all to help in investigating--but why ask the public's input.

white blotches on his hand....hell you cant even tell if he has a mustache!

June 9, 2010 at 9:53 a.m.
  • Can you say "disguise"?

June 9, 2010 at 8:39 a.m.
  • Do you really think this guy wore his work uniform,,,,they need to check the uniform stores here in town and check to see if this was just recently purchased, it looks brand new...And really if they want the publics help, they need to get some better survillance cameras they dont show anything

June 9, 2010 at 8:31 a.m.
  • familyman..."Does this bank have no armed guards? If so, why not?"

One reason: $$$$$$

June 9, 2010 at 7:34 a.m.
  • Don't know where you bank, but I can't recall the last time a saw an armed guard at any bank I go into in Victoria.

June 9, 2010 at 7:04 a.m.
  • Does this bank have no armed guards? If so, why not?

June 9, 2010 at 6:44 a.m.
  • PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't Profile

June 8, 2010 at 11:34 p.m.