Comments

• The picture caption says there will be a 4 way stop light at the new West HS. I almost fell off my chair for a second.Then later the story says will blink for awhile before they cycle, so thank God. I had this picture of 4 oclock after school and everyone having to stop at a four way blinking red light.I still think we need more than one entrance/exit, though.

June 14, 2010 at 5:49 p.m.
  • I agree with cobraden about our steets here in town and it really doesn't make sense that "our local leaders" would install a traffic light on the loop. Goes to show what type of leaders we have. They wouldn't last in the big cities like S.A. and Houston making these type of decisions! Guess that's why they are here.

June 14, 2010 at 4:10 p.m.
  • The sad thing is people WILL die due to the poor planning of the locations of these new schools. Just what was needed were more medians for people to do u-turns around all day. Just more failed plans by VISD and city. I feel for all the people hanging out on the end of the tree limb with hopes of great changes. Wait til VISD cuts that limb off with all those aboard.

June 14, 2010 at 12:07 p.m.
  • Putting a stoplilght on Loop 463......I can't think of anything smart enough to say how dumb that is. The people who have planned this are too dumb to insult.

June 14, 2010 at 10:46 a.m.
  • It's not the streets that suck here, it's the lack of planning and corrupt spending that do.

June 14, 2010 at 8:13 a.m.
  • I was under the impression that the purpose of Loop 463 was to keep traffic moving without bottlenecks. Now the sages that selected the location of the east-end high school along with no telling who else have decided to add a light at the east end of Mockingbird and stop traffic on the loop. Whatever happened to "common sense"?

June 14, 2010 at 7:58 a.m.
  • The streets in this town suck, for lack of a better word.

June 14, 2010 at 7:52 a.m.
  • superdad...the Red River entrance to the park is open. It has been open for about 10 days.

June 14, 2010 at 6:56 a.m.
  • what about the entrance to Riverside Park on Red River across from StJ.? C'mon what is up with the delays???? I know its been rebuilt but at this rate the Sam Houston Drive will be completed. Are there not deadlines to complete the Park entrance w/o penalties???

June 14, 2010 at 5:29 a.m.
  • I will try and avoid this part of town. Why isn't any attention given to Sam Houston, Red River streets?these will beat you to death. I'm sure more and more people, like myself are learning to cut through the side streets, neighborhoods and parking lots to avoid most of Victoria's streets.

June 14, 2010 at 4:34 a.m.