Comments

• Someone musta threatened her or knocked some sense to her.

June 17, 2010 at 11:40 p.m.
  • People... go and see the uniform tonight. I saw it and it is very cute. No it is not red like the vdores old uniform. It is very stylish and the hat does not resemble the old vdores hat at all (eventhough I wish it did). I wish people would get the facts before dragging everybody into the pot to stir with their spoon.

June 17, 2010 at 9:25 a.m.
  • And you are right, the plot thickens. Big brother is watching and we will all see who uses the right address to be on which teams. There is a possee of folks interested in seeing the rules followed to the letter including VISD not allowing them to participate for one year if they lied.

June 16, 2010 at 10:37 p.m.
  • Edith, I understand that the dingle balls have been discontinued by the manufacturer. Secondly, the propoed costumes will be on display at the school board meetinf tomorrow night so why dont we all go take a peep. then we can gripe to the horses mou th.

June 16, 2010 at 10:35 p.m.
  • Well, the plot thickens...

June 16, 2010 at 9:55 p.m.
  • RedRageNDallas,

I am quite sure we will see that the new VHS/MHS/WSH dance and drill team costume will greatly remain unchanged as to past style, and the colors will revert back to the red of the VHS days. Wait and see.

Fear not, you will recognize the new uniforms, dingle-ball fringe and all.

June 16, 2010 at 9:53 p.m.
  • anxious: U have NO Idea!!! I also received a letter in the mail today; from the VISD's Attorney. Someone is requesting to see the Drill Team books & TKB books from 2008-2010. So what does that tell you?

June 16, 2010 at 9:46 p.m.
  • REDRAGE: How can she use the old uniforms? She sold them, for $50 bucks a pop! There ALL gone.

June 16, 2010 at 9:39 p.m.
  • And just for the record about the tuition, any kid who occupies a seat brings federal money to the district. With the problems that out schools have and drop out rate l ike it is, VISD needs regular students anywhere they can get them.

June 16, 2010 at 9:11 p.m.
  • Anxious, I just know you are right and I bet she doesnt "retire". I'd just bet she gets fired for wrong doing. you can only mistreat people and students for so long and they finally get a belly full and speak up

June 16, 2010 at 9:09 p.m.
  • Red Rage, that word is FLUFF, not fat!

June 16, 2010 at 9:05 p.m.
  • I hope DJ keeps the VHS/MHS Victoriadore uniform :)

June 16, 2010 at 2:43 p.m.
  • It never fails. It just never fails. You moms who had daughters on DJ's squads and are irate always start it. I promise when DJ Jaynes retires, ya'll will throw a party.

June 16, 2010 at 12:07 p.m.
  • Yep! She refers those girls to having Extra "Fluff".

June 16, 2010 at 11:30 a.m.
  • I think that most schools get to claim the state attendance $s for students that transfer in...therefore, I think that tuition is above and beyond what they get for other students in the district.

June 16, 2010 at 10:45 a.m.
  • I see where you're coming from with the issue about having a child in VISD schools, but not living in the district. However, they are not getting a "free" education. If you live in Goliad and send you child to Victoria, you still pay GISD taxes. If you live in VISD and don't have kids, you still pay VISD taxes.

RedRage, I don't know about you but there were a few hefty girls on the Victoriadores squad when I was in school.

June 16, 2010 at 10:35 a.m.
  • Wow! How foolish we have been. We can move out of Victoria, quit paying the taxes, then sign our kids up for free. What a deal. Then at least the sorry education the kids will get would be justified. Hey, and why not rename the schools mentioned above to East and West.

June 16, 2010 at 9:33 a.m.
  • superDAD, I doubt DJ would let fat chicks on her team lol

June 16, 2010 at 9:32 a.m.
  • you think maybe the West waistline is bigger than East girls since they are spending bout $500 more for their uniforms? lol (=

June 16, 2010 at 9:26 a.m.
  • Familyman - the Cuero buses run in Victoria county to pick up the student in Nursery school district. Nursery area students attend junior high and high school in Cuero ~ unless they ask for a transfer to VISD and then those students/parents provide the transportation.

June 16, 2010 at 8:39 a.m.
  • I want to know why Cuero school busses run into Victoria county to pick up students. The busses come as close as Oliver Rd. (3 miles from the loop 463.) Would Vic Ad do a story on this subject? Please.

June 16, 2010 at 7:19 a.m.
  • HOPE AND CHANGE !!!

June 15, 2010 at 11:51 p.m.
  • Was the stimulus money used for anything worthwhile as far as education materials, etc? Just find it curious that the money is being used for drill team uniforms.What else was stimulus money used for? Anyone know?

June 15, 2010 at 11:47 p.m.
  • Okay, someone please explain this to me: VISD doesn't charge students who want to go to a VISD school? So, if someone doesn't like EAST or WEST, then they move to Cuero, Goliad, etc. and pick their school?

We don't have enough teachers, teachers' aides, and other staff members, but we educate out of district students for FREE?? Really?

What did I misunderstand about the last couple of paragraphs? Please help me understand that the School Board isn't wasting tax payers money.

June 15, 2010 at 8:22 p.m.
  • People would have to be crazy to want to transfer a kid INTO this district

June 15, 2010 at 7:43 p.m.