Comments

• has it opened yet ?

parking there is going to suck

August 7, 2010 at 12:59 a.m.
  • I would never thought anyone would bring a Double Dave's here to Victoria I'm from Austin and I used live next to the tha one across from A.C.C. Tha pizza rolls are tha best I hope they do really well here. I'm really excited about going when they open up if you like pizza and pazones and never eatin at a Double Dave's you should check it out it's really good spot.

August 7, 2010 at 12:33 a.m.
  • I'm a huge pizza lover, but I'm strictly old fashion. Give me pizza with plenty of sauce and cheese and flavor and I'm happy. That's what I get at Niki's at the mall. I can also buy just one slice at Niki's if that's all I want. I'm not familiar with Double Daves, so if I can't go in there and buy one slice, I probably won't bother. I also agree that it's a terrible location. We need more restaurants to open up on Houston Highway/Rio Grande -- that's where the students will be looking.

August 2, 2010 at 9:09 a.m.
  • Dazed15, what makes you think that? I don’t see another pizza place making it. I may be wrong and I hope I am, I have seen this too many times when a young entrepreneur has a dream and has NOT done enough marker research for the area. I do not think the location is good at all for it. I think his judgment may be clouded by the fact he is opening his own business. He would have been better off looking to open the resturaunt over by the new UHV. By the way if I am such a moron, why do I run a very successful business here in Victoria? WHY, I did my research and found a niche. Now once again, I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he makes it.

June 18, 2010 at 7:08 p.m.

June 18, 2010 at 5:57 p.m.
  • This Aggie can't wait to have Double Daves in town! Ready for some pepperoni rolls!!

June 18, 2010 at 10:33 a.m.
  • If pizza is good, people will call in order, pick up and take home. Heck Pappa John's strictly take out. In larger cities, people are used to this sort of pizza place. We don't need a playground and buffet, just give us great, affordable pizza. I'm ready to give it a try.

June 18, 2010 at 9:29 a.m.
  • location is questionable, but Double Daves comes in with a reputation...people who already love Double Daves will come despite the location

June 18, 2010 at 9:15 a.m.
  • Double Dave's is awesome, but I have to agree that this location is a poor choice. Hopefully, though, there will be delivery???

June 18, 2010 at 8:32 a.m.
  • I think this young kid needs to do a little more market research. I think he may be a little blind by opening his own business, to whats really going on in the market. However I do wish you the BEST OF LUCK and hope it works out.

June 18, 2010 at 8:14 a.m.
  • Wish you all the luck starting your new business, but as far as the statement "but you can't get a quality hand-tossed pizza here in town" better go down the road anc check out Melanzana. I honestly dont care for pizza but the white pizza there is insane!

June 18, 2010 at 3:23 a.m.
  • good pizza, but a HORRIBLE location

HORRIBLE

June 18, 2010 at 12:10 a.m.
  • Don't want to sound negative at all and I wish you the best of luck. A better location would serve alot better. No parking for what you are trying to accomplish. The new place by Hastings (Melanzana) i believe is the most awesome pizza to ever hit Victoria. They have plenty of parking but not enough tables and chairs to accomodate a busy lunch or dinner crowd. This will surely affect their business as the parking space you don't have will affect yours. I hope you are not in a long term lease ad can find a better location. I will definately support your business as I am a good pizza lover. Mario's in Galveston is the best ever and if you can meat or beat that you got a product that will make lots of $$$$$$$$$$$.

June 17, 2010 at 7:02 p.m.
  • last time i checked double daves was a chain restaurant. Mama Mias was the best pizza in town up until it closed down.

June 17, 2010 at 6:43 p.m.
  • I look forward to this new business. There hasn't been a really good pizza place in town since Pizza Inn closed years and years ago. Chain pizza places just don't get it.

June 17, 2010 at 6:10 p.m.
  • YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! This ex-Austinite sure misses Double Daves. I'll definitely be there!

June 17, 2010 at 6:08 p.m.
  • Good location but lacks parking spaces, as far as the cost hopefully it will not be to expensive, considering the economy and I have bought great hand tossed pizza from a couple of local establishments.

June 17, 2010 at 5:04 p.m.