Saturday, October 25, 2014




Advertise with us

Gas leak prompts evacuation of four homes on Lone Tree Road

By JJ VELASQUEZ
June 25, 2010 at 1:25 a.m.

Firefighters, wearing heavy bunker gear, drink lots of water and attempt to cool down as they respond to a leaking natural gas call late Friday morning. Crews dispatched to mow a weedy lot in the 3300 block of Lone Tree Road broke a natural gas connection.

Four homes were evacuated Friday after a natural gas pipeline was struck with a lawn mower in a vacant lot on the 3300 block of Lone Tree Road.

No injuries were reported, and officials do not expect any health effects stemming from the leak.

Victoria Fire Department Battalion Chief Michael Belt said there was "no imminent danger to the health of the public."

The fire department responded to the call at 11:50 a.m. The flow of the gas was reduced, and then the inch-long leak in the pipe was plugged, Belt said.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia