Gas leak prompts evacuation of four homes on Lone Tree Road
June 25, 2010 at 6:25 a.m.
Untitled video from June 25, 2010
Four homes were evacuated Friday after a natural gas pipeline was struck with a lawn mower in a vacant lot on the 3300 block of Lone Tree Road.
No injuries were reported, and officials do not expect any health effects stemming from the leak.
Victoria Fire Department Battalion Chief Michael Belt said there was "no imminent danger to the health of the public."
The fire department responded to the call at 11:50 a.m. The flow of the gas was reduced, and then the inch-long leak in the pipe was plugged, Belt said.