Comments

• Shoulda read this sooner, I died when I read about the oxbow! I guess the Guadalupe has the oxbow mentality too! Will BigJ add the river to his hit list??

March 14, 2010 at 11:34 a.m.
  • Well maybe we will get a flood of visitors during the spring break. You know everyone from around the state wants to see this rare event. Just imagine, a river changing.. let me grab my camera.

March 14, 2010 at 9:42 a.m.
  • Have a sense of humor ex. Judging by your posts, you dont have one. Unless you are the DA.

March 12, 2010 at 3:33 p.m.
  • Check the VA for this headline coming soon:
    "DA files suit against Guadalupe River for property theft"

March 12, 2010 at 12:49 p.m.
  • Ken..."Aw come on! I can't believe I'm explaining this! It's common public knowledge! Where in the world have you been? Or perhaps are you on the GBRA board?"

No need to be mean to wannabe for his asking a question. Perhaps he's like me and hasn't lived here his whole life. When I moved here, I'd never heard of GBRA and still don't have an intimate knowlege of it. Wannabe asked a question looking for information -- a question I thought was a very good one. I know what an impermeable cover is, but I didn't know how policy decisions made down here affected that cover in the hill country. Barbs and sarcastic remarks don't impart much information.

March 12, 2010 at 11:44 a.m.
  • Kenneth, will you please tell us how GBRA's policy of supplying more water to the Hill Country is causing more impermeable cover and more runoff?

March 12, 2010 at 10:15 a.m.
  • The river is going to do what the river will do. This is mother nature doing her thing. We just have to live with it. Remember when the Rio Grande changed course years ago and the U.S. and Mexico exchanged property. Let's see where this new Guadalupe river will flow. Good luck to the land owners.

March 12, 2010 at 4:20 a.m.
  • "Over time, the stream could cut back into the river and form an oxbow lake, a u-shaped bend." Oh, oh, Big J was right, Oxbow Incident to happen soon.

March 11, 2010 at 9:13 p.m.