Comments

• I think what people fail to look at is if this was your property due to the cost of damage done and the labor it could very well be the cost of your home. So look at it in that point of view as if these two young men were to demolish your house as a prank, would you think this was a harsh punishment? Especially if you had no home owners insurance at the time God forbid? I for darn sure would not! You would be HOMELESS! And waiting on their little monthly payments would not rebuild your home. So think about that and ask yourself, "well it was just a prank so why be so harsh"?

March 19, 2010 at 10:31 p.m.
  • Probation for seven years $500 fine and 400 hours community service each. They are to pay a total of $61,149.69 restitution. This for breaking some Christmas lights. WOW a bit much I do believe, better off selling drugs to school kids.

Now I want to see what the Nordheim boys get for driving around shooting and killing livestock. Wonder if it's gonna compare to this.

March 19, 2010 at 9:39 p.m.
  • I am a bit undecided about this. It may be a bit harsh, but don't you think that if word gets out, it might deter others from doing the same "harmless" pranks? And, if these kids stay out of trouble, it will be expunged from their records. Guys, think about what you are doing and who you are hurting with your actions!

March 19, 2010 at 8:44 p.m.
  • Look, maybe i missed it , but under this probation if these boys violate the terms, they could be sentenced to the maximum. This probation is set up to make you fail. This sentence is way to harsh. Hope you boys learned your lesson, because if you didn't, you might have 10 years to think about it. Good luck and do the right thing MEN.

March 19, 2010 at 7:10 p.m.
  • Sentence was too light.

March 19, 2010 at 3:16 p.m.
  • I think the community service was enough
    (with maybe 2 yrs probation) trust me it will keep them busy...I think you must do 8-10 a month and they have to been done once probation period is up...I hope they learn from this...Steven Good luck & complete your sentence sucessfully , to his family God bless need anything just call

March 19, 2010 at 3:10 p.m.
  • Stick it to them when they are young. Maybe it will help them grow up to be responsible adults. Maybe Victoria will take a hint and start giving harsher punishments. Sure hope these kids learned a lesson.

March 19, 2010 at 1:11 p.m.
  • I think seven years is a blessing for the boys. It will help them change their life paths and, by the time they finish their probation, they will be unburdened by working off their immense guilt and embarrasment.

I hope they and their parents appreciate the generous attitude of the seniors who put the project together. The boys can learn a lot from those older men.

March 19, 2010 at 1:02 p.m.
  • I think it's a bit much. People get caught with drugs and dont even get 7 years probation. I do think some probation maybe 2 years and the restitution is understood, and maybe make them help with the setup of the Christmas in the Park for a few years so they will understand the hard work that they destroyed. I have to say though, a little too harsh.

March 19, 2010 at 11:16 a.m.
  • I am a VERY forgiving person and I do base my life off of Christan values.

I think this is a well enough sentence. I just pray the young boys understand that they hurt a lot of poeple and it's not easy to forget what they have done.

Lets just hope they follow through with what they are ordered to do. Otherwise, I think it will be a very long time before we see these kids again. Good luck guys. Stick to what you're ordered to do and get through it and you will be fine and the city as well as all who have been affected will begin to heal and move on.

God Bless these boys and their families.

March 19, 2010 at 6:19 a.m.
  • We are forgiving Christians - Right?

March 19, 2010 at 1 a.m.