Comments

• Wonder what the statistics are when it comes to accidents like these. Who has the worse record seniors or new drivers.

If only seniors were required to re-test that would be discrimination. So, to be fair we all would have to re-test when renewing our license.

I am 49. My 83yr. old Dad is a way better driver than my 20 something kids. Or my husband. Or me. On the other hand my 74 yr. old Mom drives like I did when I was 17. Nothing new. She always has.

March 25, 2010 at 2:54 p.m.
  • It's not about age. It's about health and mental health. Doctors, and a persons kids, should be involved in this. A doctor knows better than anyone else if their patients have the mental capacity and/or health to continue driving. Kids know what the parents do at home, so if they start feeling like their parents are a hazard to themselves or others, they should be held responsible if they do not do something about it.

March 25, 2010 at 2:29 p.m.
  • Maybe when you reach a certain age, like say around 60, the government knowing that you will be starting to load up the government health care system and not producing enough input back into the system, can turn you into small green eatable wafers. Really, a woman with a cell phone is probably just as dangerous and kids no longer have to take any in-car training. It is real easy to point at the "old" person, but remember, you will be old too -- unless you are killed early by an old driver.

March 25, 2010 at 2:25 p.m.
  • I am just glad I wasn't on my Harley and he turned in front of me. "Life is hard, but it is even harder if you are stupid", or blind..

March 25, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
  • Props- respect, recognition

March 25, 2010 at 1:33 p.m.
  • RedRageNDallas...I guess I'm getting old, too. This doesn't have anything to do with driving, though. I've seen the terms many times, but WHAT THE **** DOES "PROPS" mean????

March 25, 2010 at 12:40 p.m.
  • Props to ishkabbil for being able to turn on a computer at 73 lol

March 25, 2010 at 10:36 a.m.
  • I'm 73 and have seen a damn sight more 20 to 50 year olds with a cell phone to their ear or at their finger tips pull out from a side street or speeding down the road without looking then us older folks doing stupid things while driving.

March 25, 2010 at 9:37 a.m.
  • I've seen people of all ages do this before. I still think this driver shouldn't be allowed to drive at his age, but I have seen people in their 20s/30s/40s do this in front of me and nearly cause an accident.

March 25, 2010 at 8:41 a.m.
  • familyman1122 worte:
    "There should be a law that makes you take the drivers test every year or two after the age of 65! This law would have prevented this person from driving. How about every time you renew your drivers license! "

I agree - to a point. Especially with the "...everytime you renew your drivers license" But this should be for EVERYBODY!!! Not just people up in age. From the time you get your license till however long you want to drive you should be tested every four years!!

I'm amazed there are not more accidents around here on account of the way people drive totally disregarding the traffic rules. And I'm talking people of all ages, gender, etc...!

March 25, 2010 at 7:31 a.m.
  • When was the last time this 89 year old driver took a drivers test? There should be a law that makes you take the drivers test every year or two after the age of 65! This law would have prevented this person from driving. How about every time you renew your drivers license!

March 25, 2010 at 5:35 a.m.
  • 89? come on, might as well be 12..

March 24, 2010 at 11:31 p.m.