Home » Exelon files application with NRC » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Kenneth.

I was on the floor after reading your comment. If you know that President wanted jobs for folks, then why are you treating him harshly?

March 28, 2010 at 5:40 a.m.
  • Natural gas from shale is going to have a profound effect on electric generation in the future. Take the time to watch the video on natural gas from the administrator of the Energy Information Administration at http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/

March 27, 2010 at 4:24 p.m.
  • Kenneth

I am well aware of the Chicago connection Obama/Exelon but I responded when John said"I find it ironic, that many who oppose President Obama’s support and position in other areas, are not up in arms on this one.".....I know nuclear energy is not on the top of Obama's list when it comes to alternative energy.

March 27, 2010 at 10:03 a.m.
  • Kenneth.

You and I agreeing on something? Amazing!!!!!!!!!

March 26, 2010 at 10:22 p.m.
  • Let me add on here. What about the plant in Bay City? Were there's accidents. Three Mile Island happen over thrity years ago.

March 26, 2010 at 7:53 p.m.
  • San AntosWorks.

Ok Ok I have to jump into this. What does the president has to do with this? Really John Lara?

You said this "If jobs is the only argument, I have this to say, “Man does not live on bread alone".

It also says " a man who won't work, don't eat". Gee your comment sound like one of our state reps. You seem to forget about the high gas prices two or three years ago. Second, John Lara, people in this area need jobs. Let me repeat JOBS. Expaling to me why people are moving away? You need to take in account for the layoffs and the cut in pay. Third, the French now have the technology to recycle the nuclear waste.

I want a straight up answer on this one. When was the last time you heard of accidents at a nuclear plant or waste in North America?

Last, you are not GOD, you do not HAVE the Authority to judge anyone to go to heaven or not. That is vanity, John.

March 26, 2010 at 7:46 p.m.
  • John
    I'm not sure what President Obama has to do with this Exelon plant; unless you are trying to tie this in with the two nuclear plants in Georgia that the federal government approved loans for....

Perhaps I am misreading your statement.

March 26, 2010 at 11:25 a.m.
  • I find it ironic, that many who oppose President Obama’s support and position in other areas, are not up in arms on this one. I guess when it comes down to it, the difference between the blue and red factions of Washington and Texas is only skin deep. Underneath the red faction presumptive position of ethical and responsible government, we find the same color as the Jack arse, “green”.

Those that differ on my position in this matter, because of opinion I have the utmost respect for; that’s just democracy.

Those that seek to benefit in any way financially or politically, from Exelon’s move too unnecessarily create a long-term risk to one of Americas last places, to raise a family in a relatively safe natural environment; There is a hell, enjoy.

You can lie to yourself, you can lie to everyone, but you can not lie to God about your greedy, self-serving, petty heart. Enjoy all the comforts of this world and enjoy your delusional serenity, because you can’t escape the consequences of you lies forever. There is a God, I know, and I’m suspecting he would be of the same opinion in this matter.

Nuclear Technology has not advanced to the point of eliminating waste, and humans will always be fallible. Without responsible legislation guaranteeing that corporations will pay completely the cost to restore the environment 100%, “when” accidents occurs; and adequate technology exist to abate any human error in this regard, this action is irresponsible and malicious.

Victoria does not need this energy source, under these conditions, which begs the question, why subjugate the local population to any risk at all?

If jobs is the only argument, I have this to say, “Man does not live on bread alone”.

We are only stewards of the world around us, even the mayor; our arrogance or confidence in those we are putting the future of our children in, is rooted in vanity. Vanity, is one of the worst forms of idolatry, because it is placing ones own will above gods. One can not be a humble man or woman and still be vain, this I know all to well.

March 26, 2010 at 11:13 a.m.
  • This plant will be a major boost to our economy!

March 26, 2010 at 3:34 a.m.