Comments

• UHV should absorb VC, which will end up happening anyways, and your recruiting issues are solved. The sooner the better.

May 6, 2010 at 3:12 p.m.
  • I would like to see a member of city council to go a see what is taking place. Talk to some people at the event and see what can approved if anything needs to be. Also would like to see Randy Vivan out their talking to lots of teams and see if there are happy with everything. About the field let get some more information before anything happens. I think we should give the women's softball team a lot of credit about the teams coming to Victoira.

May 6, 2010 at 12:13 p.m.
  • I didn't say students in the area can't apply and attend UHV on their own, just that it's part of the UHV/VC agreement that UHV can't actively recruit in the area.

May 6, 2010 at 11:47 a.m.
  • maybe so vox. THEN WHY BUILD A 4 YR. COLLEGE?!?!

May 6, 2010 at 11:36 a.m.
  • UHV isn't allowed to recruit students in Victoria College's service area.

May 6, 2010 at 11:30 a.m.
  • uhv does need their own complex. baseball for sure. Too many teams are using Riverside stadium. Everyone fighting over concessions, practice times, color of locker rooms, whats mine whats theirs. All you guys are gonna kill that field!!!

VISD should use $ to build softball and baseball fields. Its on the orginal drawings. I am not sure why they left these 2 sports out but can spend $$$ for swimming bldg. Why do my taxes pay again to rent Riverside or girls complex?!?

UHV should take their lumps and recruit heavily from this region. You need a fan base. There is plenty of great pitchers locally. All the local kids are going to UTSA and Kingsville.

Work together. imo.

May 6, 2010 at 11:25 a.m.
  • I just think they deserve their own facilities. If a six team tourney drew attention from the Advocate, imagine how many teams would come down with a proper collegiate facility.

May 6, 2010 at 10:25 a.m.
  • Sorry SFA, I thought that last post was aimed at me.

May 6, 2010 at 9:49 a.m.
  • This podunk university is trying to expand to quickly. That was the correct usage of "their". But I should have used a question mark. You didn't point that out. *OWN*. Stop being so juvenile.

May 6, 2010 at 9:46 a.m.
  • *their* own

May 6, 2010 at 9:37 a.m.
  • Don't know, but it would probably go up if they had somewhere nice to play that they could call there own, as most universities do. The little leauge finally has somewhere nice to play, why not a university?

May 6, 2010 at 9:36 a.m.
  • SFA, what is their attendance. I don't think it warrants a new sports complex from what I've heard.

May 6, 2010 at 9:14 a.m.
  • I think its time that both UHV teams got their own fields instead of using high school facilities. A state of the art baseball/softball complex would be another selling point of our soon to be 4 year university.

May 6, 2010 at 8:34 a.m.