Comments

• Google Ads gives me a Charlie Crist election ad next to this article, interesting!

May 9, 2010 at 10:31 p.m.
  • So sad the level of apathy. 8% of the population actually bothers to vote. Embarassing~

May 9, 2010 at 9:01 p.m.
  • What happened to all of the college students that were going to vote for Nickerson??? The election results come as no surprise to me and a complete relief as well.

May 9, 2010 at 3:04 p.m.
  • Now that the mayor has won reelection I wonder if the Advocate is going to run the names of his contributors????

May 9, 2010 at 2:43 p.m.
  • armstrong beat a teenager and a mental person, i hope he isn't doing too much celebrating

May 9, 2010 at 2:31 p.m.
  • This is a sad day for Victoria! Slick Willie and the lap dog live on!

May 9, 2010 at 1:46 p.m.
  • Bah, humbug! Armstrong and cronies continue their way this town and taxes go up and up and up.

May 9, 2010 at 10:56 a.m.
  • Tom, I knew exactly what I was voting for when I voted for Holy -- the only candidate who was honest about his mental divergence.

May 9, 2010 at 10:39 a.m.
  • Congratulations to the winners. This is democracy in action, there were no losers. Elections matter, whether local, state, or national.

May 9, 2010 at 9:26 a.m.
  • At least more than 1,900 citizens in Victoria know that Will Armstong and most of the present council are keeping Victoria on the right course. The one council member most often seen posturing has created several unwarranted controversaries, but the Mayor and rest of the council members have, in the main, been able to overcome the publicity-grabbing individual. The fact that one unfortunate candidate has repeatedly stated that he has a mental problem only indicates that a large percentage of the very small turnout of voters don't have any idea what or who they're voting for.

May 9, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.
  • "Armstrong said he intends to relax now that the election is over."

If I were the mayor, I wouldn't feel very good about 60% versus a "mentally disabled" man and a "shift supervisor at Starbucks Coffee", with all due respect to those folks. I can't figure out if they got the anti-Armstrong vote or if he got the anti-mentally-disabled and anti-coffee vote.

Indeed, "the next three years are going to be very exciting."

May 9, 2010 at 12:40 a.m.
  • Yes, very good Victoria

May 8, 2010 at 11:06 p.m.