Comments

• Mr. Semenza, what is the status of this with Mr. Tyler and Mr. Eyre? Is Mr. Eyre still on the payroll?

August 25, 2010 at 7:44 p.m.
  • Sounds like a GREAT job!

May 14, 2010 at 5:19 p.m.
  • @ Ashley

What is it exactly that Eyre doesn't deserve? The almost $50K for doing nothing? If that's it, then I agree.

Since when is an "office manager" in a lawyer's office actually an investigator? I will have to ask some of my lawyer type compadres if their office managers also double as inspector/slueth. Is this something out of Erin Braco-what-ever-her-name-is?

I guess Tyler wanted to "keep tabs" on Eyre, too.

I would label him with the DB title, but I believe that he is actually the Nozzle.

May 14, 2010 at 5:02 p.m.
  • Sam Eyre is a good man who doesn't deserve this.

May 14, 2010 at 8:30 a.m.
  • Not much luck or prowess in choosing Office Managers.

First you-know-who and now someone involved in a lawsuit?

Certainly tells you plenty.

May 11, 2010 at 8:35 a.m.
  • Pilot, I appreciate whatcha gotta say but I'm allowed to voice my opinion as well. Also, I despise all the infighting between the police dept. and DA. It's ad nauseum and it would be great if law enforcement could work together and get rid of the thugs in Victoria. Am I hating what Victoria has become and want to change things? You bet. I plan on speaking my mind with my vote against Tyler on election day. That's all I can do...

May 9, 2010 at 11:04 p.m.
  • Maybe I missed it in the article, but how did Eyre's employment with the city come to a end?

May 9, 2010 at 8:03 p.m.
  • Pilot, I am not friends with Sam Eyre. And thanks for running ME through the mud, too. I figured somebody would. Good job.

May 9, 2010 at 8 p.m.
  • HA HA HA, that one deserved more than a lol.

;)

Excellent

May 9, 2010 at 7:10 p.m.
  • Well He77, a dog that can track a person or body riding in a car for 5 miles, is truly one amazing dog.

It just had to be Underdog, with his superpowers.

May 9, 2010 at 6:46 p.m.
  • umm anxious,

The Police Department of Victoria, Texas, employed Keith Pikett, a handler of trailing and scent identification dogs, to help in the investigation. An affidavit sworn to by Eyre stated that Pikett’s dogs trailed from the place where Blackwell’s body was found to Buchanek’s home. This was false, as other evidence established that the dogs trailed to the home of the victim, and only after reaching Blackwell’s house was Pikett told that a “person of interest” lived at a different location.

The federal district court observed that the route followed by the dogs from the location of the body to the victim’s home would have required trailing the car transporting the body over five miles.

In the two decisions of the federal district court, motions for summary judgment have been denied, clearing the way for a trial. Buchanek v. City of Victoria, 2009 WL 500564, 2010 WL 1268069 (S.D. Tex 2010)

"An affidavit sworn to by Eyre"

May 9, 2010 at 6:25 p.m.
  • ZORRO= TYLER

May 9, 2010 at 6:20 p.m.
  • Correction... I despise Victoria Advocate...

May 9, 2010 at 6:14 p.m.
  • Why are we dragging Sam Eyre through the mud when he hasn't been to court. I despise Victoria and we need to get rid of Tyler. HE'S the evil one...

May 9, 2010 at 6:11 p.m.
  • Somebody please tell me that Sam Eyre was not involved in the 2008 wrongful arrest suit that the City had to settle with hush money to keep it quiet. The details have never been revealed. Had the details been released this would be a moot question.

Somebody please assure me that this not a serial problem.

May 9, 2010 at 4:34 p.m.
  • There has been nothing but controversy surrounding the district attorney's office since the onset of his administration. Compare this to the previous district attorneys, Eaves and Filley. Forget sorting out whose fault it is and just give someone new a chance to bring stability back to the office. Time for those who do turn out and vote to cross party lines and let Deborah Branch have a chance to bring stability and respectability back to the D.A.'s office.

May 9, 2010 at 4:21 p.m.
  • I cannot comment on Tyler's attorney skills. I did read that he hired a special consultant to file appeals and she missed some deadlines. Does that imply Tyler can't do it himself?

Regardless, his hiring practices seem very poor. Do something like this once? Maybe. Two times in a row? Terrible!

Tyler needs to resign or get voted out!

May 9, 2010 at 4:15 p.m.
  • im hoping he finds a job somewhere else

May 9, 2010 at 4:05 p.m.
  • lol, now that is funny Pilot.

Funny though, in every private business I know of, even law offices, the office manager is the most senior "administrative assistant", you know, the secretary that has been there the longest, or in the case of a law firm, the senior legal secretary.

I guess..... at least the way it looks, to be a office manager at the DA s office, you do not need secretarial skills, you just need to be a ex law enforcement officer!

May 9, 2010 at 3:26 p.m.
  • zorro,

Curious what you mean by your comment "The incest within local law enforcement has become so pervasive that it has become difficult to believe it's nothing more than a club or fraternity."

May 9, 2010 at 11:42 a.m.
  • This case is getting as complicated as the financial crisis. The incest within local law enforcement has become so pervasive that it has become difficult to believe it's nothing more than a club or fraternity. There is something unseemly about the way all branches of law enforcement in Victoria are drawn to the media. At times, those who are supposed to protect and serve look more like Law Enforcement American Idol. How can the public have any confidence with all the antics that have gone on these past years.

May 9, 2010 at 10:30 a.m.
  • Just another page in the saga of DA Steve Tyler. More wasted taxpayer money and more loss of credibility for the D.A.'s office. Geez!

May 9, 2010 at 7:35 a.m.