Comments

May 19, 2010 at 5:56 p.m.
  • A two year old should NEVER be outside, even in the car, unaccompanied by an adult. And an older child doesn't count as adequete supervision either, especially when there's an infant in the car as well.

May 19, 2010 at 5:11 p.m.
  • Oh yeah...don't let your kids go outside jenna125. They might get hit by lightning!

May 19, 2010 at 9:40 a.m.
  • LMFAO!!!

May 19, 2010 at 9:32 a.m.
  • Very VERY glad to hear no one was hurt. However, I would think the mother's number one priority would be realizing the mistake of leaving children unattended, even if only for a moment, rather than teaching her child the difference between toys and cars.

May 17, 2010 at 11:46 a.m.
  • I really appreciate all of yall's support, and it is relieving to know that I am not the only one this has happened to. I thank each of you personally for the support I have received. You know; I am most grateful that none of my babies were hurt! Avre, my unliscenced driver, seen the truck for the first time when the officer was here, and he pointed and knew that is what he did. I have always encouraged my little ones to excell at what they are good at, and apparantely he is a driver lol. He has his own car and can drive that thing all through my house around doors and my island in the kitchen; he is very coordinated. My main issue will be teaching him the difference of his toys and Mommy's. I do know we WILL NOT be making that mistake twice. Oh, and I will ask my Husband to check for grey hairs! lol I am only 24, but I know Avre is going to be the one to give them to me, and maybe the ocassional heart-attack. Another thing to be thankful for is Full-Coverage! Thanks to all who understand that there are not any perfect parents out there, rest assured I love my babies with all my heart, and would go to extreme measures to protect them. $h!& happens learn from these mistakes. Believe me; I have!! Maybe Duct tape with the car seat buckles??? Just joking! I can laugh about it now, but I swear I think I aged like 50 years in one second! Thanks for the support; again!

May 16, 2010 at 10:45 p.m.
  • Amanda, I'm really sorry that you had such a scare!!! I'm sure you have a few new gray hairs after that! If it makes you feel any better... It happened to me... I was living in Houston, 8 months 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my 3rd child... It was pouring down rain and I had an appt with my OB... At the time, I thought I was being a good parent. Instead of dragging my 4 and 2 year olds out of the car, thru the rain and into 7-11, I left them, buckled in, car running, heater on. I was getting them some donuts and chocolate milk... As I got to the cashier, I looked up and saw my car rolling backward toward the gas pump... (Ever see a pregnant woman sprint?) My two year old son got out of his seat and put the car in gear!!! A man in the parking lot saw what was happening and jumped in my car, put it in park and read me the riot act for being irresponsible.... I felt like the worlds WORST parent. Come to find out, I wasn't even in the running... and NEITHER ARE YOU! We don't think these things will happen... we don't even think about it, really... until it does happen. Don't let what others have said about you make you think you are a negligent parent....

May 16, 2010 at 8:49 p.m.
  • No problem Amada, don't worry about some snarky commenters on this site.

May 16, 2010 at 6:12 p.m.
  • It was a very terrifying experience for all of us, My husband had brought the "race car driver" out to the truck; while I was changing my youngest's diaper. I came out and got the baby in his seat and buckled, looked at Avre and he was in his seat, My husband was going to grab the diaper bag out of the house. I forgot to tell him I switched bags so I was going in there to let him know... I just opened my door and something told me to look back at the truck. Avre just happened to look at me at the same time from the driver seat, and SMILED!!! wow! The truck started rolling before I got to him. My husband came running out of the house from my screams and almost caught the truck, but it went into the garage before he had a chance to open the door. My son is highly intelligent and sneaky, he knows very well how to unbuckle himself. As for the gear shifter moving without pushing in the brake; I had no clue it did that. We are looking into this and hopefully the place where we bought the truck will fix this issue. As for saying I need a huge ticket, I am pretty sure people have accidents, so do not go condemning others.

May 16, 2010 at 6:04 p.m.
  • Could have been, should have been, would have been 1122. When you get the master service agreement, let me know.

May 15, 2010 at 1:03 a.m.

May 14, 2010 at 5:10 p.m.
  • Just glad nobody was hurt. A mistake was made that is o.k. we are human but we learn from that. If anybody says that they never made a mistake have they don't have children. Kids put you in alot of situations, we don't like. Today I still kids in the front seat of cars with no seat belts. I see 5 people in a front seat of truck only one seat and the kids on the parents laps.

May 14, 2010 at 10:12 a.m.
  • I too wonder how he got it into gear without depressing the brake pedal. I thought that safety feature was in all newer vehicles (past 1998).
    Has anyone ever heard of the parking break ? Use it religiously when you have smaller kids.
    I think we have all made stupid mistakes in our lives. This mom learned a valuable lesson and no one got hurt in the process. She is very lucky.

May 14, 2010 at 8:44 a.m.
  • I'm glad to see some of you folks have never made an error in judgment. I know I have. Was it wrong to leave an unrestrained child in the car while she ran back inside. Have I done that? Yes, I am sure I did when my children were toddlers. Thank God no one was injured. I bet she never does it again. REDELA5, Insurance pays on stupidty claims all the time, ie running stop signs, speeding, not paying attention. All stupidity. DUH...

May 14, 2010 at 8:36 a.m.
  • I wonder how he got it into gear? Most vehicles you have to push the brake in order to put it into gear.

May 14, 2010 at 6:53 a.m.
  • She should be fined for leaving a running car with unrestrained children in the car. This could have been much worse. The child could have put it into "R" (reverse) and gone into the street and been hit by another auto and killed the kids in the car. She needs to get a big ticket for her mistake. That way she will not likely do it again.

May 14, 2010 at 6:49 a.m.
  • Had this same thing happen to us when my son was two. Totaled the car. It's really funny when you have to explain to the insurance company that a two year old wrecked the car. They even tried to put him on the policy after that We had to explain that we would not let him drive again for a long time.

May 13, 2010 at 10:16 p.m.