Comments

• Why should a Woodway entrance be closed? Woodway residents cut through Northcrest on a daily basis and probably think nothing is wrong with their doing so. But God forbid if someone cuts through "their" neighborhood. So unless Council is going to close Mead Road to eliminate Woodway's short cut throught Northcrest, then leave Railway open. After all, fair is fair. And there are just as many young children living in the Northcrest area, if not more than Woodway. I'm tired of "children" being used as an excuse for someone's agenda.

May 18, 2010 at 8:24 p.m.
  • whostosay,

Good idea. We have to think about the children, and there are plenty in Northcrest, too.

May 18, 2010 at 6:17 a.m.
  • I would like to see Briggs Blvd closed just west of Mallette to keep the home owners who live in the Woodway subdivision from using the streets of Northcrest as a shortcut to get to Academy, Lowes, Wal-Mart and the Victoria Mall

May 17, 2010 at 8:27 p.m.
  • I thought there was a city requirement that says how many exits there has to be in an addition according to the number of houses. Would closing one or maybe two exits be in violation?

May 17, 2010 at 12:55 p.m.
  • It wasn't City Councils decision where to put the school, not saying there wasn't any communication between the two but school location goes to VISD. I don't live in Woodway but I do think closing one or both of the entrances is a bad idea. That is a large neighborhood and a lot of people live there, all having to share two entrances is a bit much. What if there was some sort of disaster in the neighborhood at night when everyone is home, all those people would have to evacuate from two entrances, it can be done just not very well. I think I would close the cross over at tropical before I would close off a neighborhood.

On this issue of some council members living in Woodway. I feel this more of an issue than what some may think, and a conflict on interest. Its not like your adding something like the overpasses at Salem which I wasn't in favor of either. But you are voting on something which will take access away. I think the neighborhood HOA should hold a formal vote for or against in the next Nov.. election. This will do several things, It gives all those who live there, their own voice, and also the schools will be open and will allow for a test run.

May 17, 2010 at 9:03 a.m.
  • Duh, why did the powers that be decide to place two high schools at very busy intersections. Now you want to close streets because someone did not do their homework. What a bunch of losers!

May 17, 2010 at 8:22 a.m.
  • Mayor Will Armstrong, who also lives in the subdivision, voted to close the road???
    SOUNDS LIKE SPECIAL INTEREST TO ME.
    Anyone on the council that lives in the subdivision should NOT be able to vote on a proposal that affects people outside of the area in question.
    Why didn't the city council consider the future traffic conditions BEFORE deciding to build the new schools??

May 17, 2010 at 7:10 a.m.
  • are they private or public roads? I think that if the entrances belong to the subdivision, they should consider making it a gated entrance to the subdivision. That would solve the problem, might have to pay higher assoc fees, but wouldn't it be worth it. Talk about devaluing the property value with high traffic going through one of the nicer neighborhoods in Victoria. Come on city council.

May 17, 2010 at 6:20 a.m.