Comments

• Armchair generals,
    Decency they know little about,
    When they click the Post comment button,
    And remove any doubt

May 17, 2010 at 1:44 p.m.
  • Very well put flickinglizzard, God Bless and keep the entire Perez family........Thank you all that were on the river looking for Jeremy.

May 17, 2010 at 1:32 p.m.
  • People like Texasproudbaby really get under my skin, Always have to make stupid remarks about really bad things, If you don't know the facts don't comment. I been on that river all my life and know it well, You just don't throw a search and rescue mission together without a plan unless you want more people in danger. Popalott is correct, WE as Fire and EMS get a bad rap sometimes but it comes with the job but people like that who just sits at a computer and makes comments like (These folks are upset cause they know how things work around there. If it would have been someone with a little more...) Well the 20Yrs I have been doing this I don't care if the person is rich, poor, red, or blue I treat them the same I chose to be in this line of work good or bad but unless you walk in our shoes and deal with the things we have to and listen to the negitive comments when you do all you can, Just do everyone a favor and don't comment. My heart goes out to the family.

May 17, 2010 at 1:16 p.m.
  • Is it for sure the body of this young man found or is it the body of the young man from El Campo? I wasn't even aware there was someone missing from El Campo until I saw the "breaking news" headlines.

May 17, 2010 at 12:38 p.m.
  • These folks are upset cause they know how things work around there. If it would have been someone with a little more... well you know there wouldn't have been any breaks overnight or excuses such as the tornado that was reported apparently by only one person, that caused no damage that we are aware of. Yes he may have drowned and passed only minutes after he went under...but then again he could have lived waiting for help right up to the time he was found. Of course hopefully we will know or at least the family will know how long he suffered I hope it was something he did not have to suffer through. The point is no one knew for sure whether he was alive or dead that's the whole point. We all know that there was very bad weather Friday night, Saturday morning.

May 17, 2010 at 12:20 p.m.
  • Yes, He has been found the San Antonio and Houston news media has already reported this well ahead of any Victoria news media. The Dewitt Co. S.O. was able to even determine that he drowned sometime between Friday and this morning when they found him. Which makes sense cause he did go missing Friday afternoon. Give me a break they started stating Friday that it was a recovery mission and not a rescue mission. It was also stated that the body would float and make it easier to find after a few days. I'm sorry but you just don't say things like that and put it in the paper. This body had a family a mother and friends. He was a human being. While it may very well be fact that after a few days the body becomes more buoyant, you just have to watch what you say and how you say it. My prayers are with the family.

May 17, 2010 at 11:53 a.m.
  • He's already been found.

May 17, 2010 at 10:59 a.m.
  • I totally agree that the rude comments about the fine men searching the river are totally unwarranted. The rude comments come from .. well, I won't even say where they come from, we all know the type of folks that do that. I've read comments from some young lady even saying it was a racial thing. Give me a break. The DeWitt Co Sheriff Dept, Texas Parks and Wildlife and Cuero Fire and Volunteer Fire Dept (and many other individuals) worked tirelessly and put their own lives in danger, trying to find the young man. God Bless Jeremy's family and may they find closure and peace.

May 17, 2010 at 10:49 a.m.
  • Our prayers are with you all...I pray to God for the safety of search crews as well. Please bring him to his family. This is devastating...the worst thing that can happen to a family SO people who make stupid comments, please refrain...everyone has done stupid things! Spend your time praying for all these people and not blaming....God keep them all safe & bring back that sweet boy!

May 17, 2010 at 9:04 a.m.
  • Everytime I cross the river bridge on my way home from town, I am saddened to see the crowd still hopefully waiting. To the family and friends of this young man....my prayers are with you. May God comfort you during this difficult time. To the law enforcement and volunteers....I also ask prayers for you to help you during this time.

May 17, 2010 at 7:59 a.m.
  • I will have to agree with popalott. I personally saw rescuers on Friday out there until dark, with efforts only hampered due to lighting stikes right on top of them and then with a report of a tornado touching down only a few miles away. Before daylight on Saturday Fire Department and law enforcement were back on the water until dark again. On Sunday special equipment was called in to use to help search. With the bad weather, rising, swift river, rescue personell pushed thier safety to the limit....and for what a person that has already passed. I am pretty sure that if they new that he was still alive, more would have been done, but with experience comes smarts and realism.

May 17, 2010 at 7:57 a.m.
  • My,thoughts an prayers go to the family,,hope they find the young man, that river has taken a many of lives. But I have to wonder ,is why the family is upset with the search efforts,the response time,,when the rescue team set out for something like this, they have to look out for their safety ,they all have family @home , alot are volunteers,who recieve only a hand shake ,a thank you,,MAYBE,,rescues were made in san antonio this past friday,when rains flooded a low water crossing, barricades were put up ,an guess what ,a motorist went around a got stranded, rescued by fire dept., took 6 rescuers ,,to get the lady to safe grounds,putting their lives in danger,, she was arrest an fined $600.00 for disobeying the waring,, that is cheap, what is the lives of these rescuers worth??the same in houston , a driver couldn,t go down a street ,so she turns around ,an drives across a vacant lot which had water in it, and drives into a retention pond ,,rescures tryed to get the driver to get out of car before it sunk,but refused, family member saying she didn,t want to lose her car ,,but she lost her life,,over something that didn,t need to happen,,PEOPLE USE COMMON SENSE BEFORE DOING SOMETHING STUPID,,, think of others who might have to save you,an your family,,I know the river to well ,been there ,did it,,just use common sense people,,I know I,LL get slamed for this ,,BUT,,it,s all only true...WAKEUP FOLKS,life is short as it is,,don,t make it shorter for everyone else..

May 17, 2010 at 7:44 a.m.