Comments

• EdithAnn

Amen

August 6, 2011 at 4:16 p.m.
  • EdithAnn...you are right. Nothing good happens after midnight. Nothing.

August 6, 2011 at 1:45 p.m.
  • To the family. Brian was a cousin that I never met, but knew of him and knew that he was good at heart. Vincent and Tubby: Brian is not gone far. He will always be in your hearts forever more. I feel that I have known him all his life. Believe me, he is in good company with GOD. My prayers are with you and yours always.

May 26, 2010 at 4:54 p.m.
  • I would make a comment were it not for the fear that should I do so it cause a complaint from someone who fears the truth being told, and they would call the Advocate and have the thread taken down and my comments being deleted. What ever happened to the power of the press? To me, it looks like the press is impotent and cowers to any complaints from Ure. Who runs the Advocate? Ure or the owners?

May 26, 2010 at 8 a.m.
  • regency apts are a very dangerous place to live. the picture they have of the bldng w regency apt name on it u can tell the brick doesnt match i remember that happened when i lived there. someone ran into the bldng they were chasing someone in their car that lived there and ran straight into the bldng. i remember when they found a dead body in one of the apts. and someone also broke into my apt that was staying there at the same apts. there is also a registered sex offender living there in the regency apts. there are lots of drugs and gang members there. that apt complex is so dangerous not only did i have to move out i had to move out of town! those apts need to be knocked down. they are very dangerous.

May 26, 2010 at 4:06 a.m.
  • I JUST WANNA SAY BRIAN FRANKLIN WAS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS, I HAVE KNOWN HIM FOR ONLY 3YRS BUT OUR FRIENDSHIP GREW SUPER STRONG WITHIN THOSE YEARS...HE WAS A GREAT FRIEND TO HAVE. HE CALLED OR TEXT ME EVERY OTHER DAY JUST TO SAY HEY AND WHEN HE KNEW I HAD A BAD DAY HE WOULD TEXT ME SILLY THINGS JUST TO LIFT MY SPIRIT!! I CANT BELEIVE THIS HAS HAPPENED...THIS GUY TOOK THE LIFE OF A GREAT FRIEND, FATHER, SON, BROTHER AND COUSIN!! NOW HIS LIFE IS OVER AND WE'LL NEVER GET TO SEE OUR FRIEND AGAIN. MY CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO HIS DAUGHTER KYRA HIS MOTHER TUBBY AND HIS LITTLE BROTHER JOSH!! R.I.P. BRIAN I LOVE YOU AND WILL 4EVER MISS UR SMILE, LAUGH, CONVERSATION AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!!...IMA HAVE TO DRINK AN ICEHOUSE IN MEMORY OF MY BOY, IF U REALLY KNEW HIM U'D KNOW HIS FAVORITE DRINK WAS ICEHOUSE. :(

May 24, 2010 at 11:09 p.m.
  • Brian was a pleasure to have as a employee and a friend. He always had a great attitude and was a great person to be around. Watching Brian over the 3 years as he worked for Golden Corral he was one of the role models there. He will be missed by friends and also the work place. Brian was one of those everyone loved to talk to. Everyone had to make a trip to the meatroom to say hello and have a conversation. Brian you will be missed and always remembered. My prayers go out to his family.

May 24, 2010 at 9:51 p.m.
  • We are so sorry to hear about Brian, he was a great guy, and a great friend. Thoughts and prayers with his family in this difficult time. He will be greatly missed...

I lived in Regency apartments for about six months, and it was a nightmare. I agree with the previous comment, that it needs to be shut down. People can't live in such conditions. It is a sad state of affairs when good people are being shot at ACROSS THE STREET FROM YOU, and you "didn't hear any commotion."

May 24, 2010 at 5:25 p.m.
  • will the paper PLEASE investigate crime in those apartments ???

that place needs to be shut down

May 24, 2010 at 4:47 p.m.
  • Lets always announce when we're in the process of obtaining an arrest warrant so that the culprit can be tipped off early and leave town.

May 24, 2010 at 11:37 a.m.
  • Speculation can get ugly real quick.

May 24, 2010 at 11:20 a.m.
  • We will always LOVE you Brian...May God Bless & keep you!
    Love Aunt Hannah & Family!

May 24, 2010 at 11:19 a.m.

May 24, 2010 at 11:15 a.m.
  • I think it was former VHS principal Gary Wrinkle who said "Nothing good happens after midnight."

He was right.

May 24, 2010 at 10:53 a.m.
  • Search http://www.crimereports.com/ and you'll see a list of reports coming from that area just over the last 30 days of so, theft, drugs, assault etc.

May 24, 2010 at 10:51 a.m.
  • I agree with you cobraden this happens all the time it just doesnt make the news or the paper. If you drive down REGENCY at night you see people at all hours of the night standing outside and you know there up to NO GOOD it was just a matter of time before something like this happend.I know there some one going around stealing thing's that dont belong to them and destroying people's property I just havent caught them in the act yet I wish Mr. Easley's would do back ground check's on everybody he rent's out to maybe this would cut down on some of the crime that goes on in REGENCY something needs to be done more cops need to patrol REGENCY get the DOPE DEALER'S OUT of here and the THEIF'S ......

May 24, 2010 at 10:35 a.m.
  • From the newspaper as stated by Don Easley.

"We've never had anything like that before," he said. "I don't know what happened and why."

I beg to differ with Mr. Easley's quote above but the Regency Apartments has had more than its share of "incidents". Of course, not all of them make the news but never-the-less, they have happened whether he wants to admit it or not. By the way, didn't someone commit suicide there last year?

May 24, 2010 at 6:58 a.m.
  • REST IN PEACE BRIAN.. YOU GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN :'-C .. WE'RE GONNA MISS YOU "B"..

May 23, 2010 at 11:37 p.m.
  • I worked with Brian and he was a wonderful man. So much to offer and he was really trying to be someone in this lifetime. I for one will miss him deeply he always made me smile and he had manners that you don't see in many young men today. My prayers go out to his family and daughter. He will be missed.

May 23, 2010 at 11:34 p.m.