Comments

• Al Gore won the presidential election in 2000.

June 3, 2010 at 10:11 p.m.
  • Citizen.

Passion is a mild term for today. My anger is boiling red hot.

June 2, 2010 at 7:44 a.m.
  • For one, I dont e-mail you and two, I am NOT trying to shut you up. I love your passion....thats all.

June 2, 2010 at 7:37 a.m.

June 2, 2010 at 7:24 a.m.
  • Writein,

What is your problem. Welcome to the REAL world.

May 28, 2010 at 1:47 p.m.
  • williet
    read the rules for posting comments and if you abide by them you won't have no problems on this forum!

May 28, 2010 at 1 p.m.

May 28, 2010 at 8:36 a.m.
  • This might have been done by someone drunk on tea.

May 27, 2010 at 10:53 p.m.
  • Admit it Victoria, your President is the son of a White American Christian mother who was influenced by his White American Christian Grandparents and he himself is an American Christian. And to think you American Christians have done every evil thing possible to denaturalize him and make him a Muslim terrorist says a lot about you Christian Americans.

You are so unlike your God and your nation’s founding fathers. You have made us a sick society.

May 27, 2010 at 9:35 p.m.

May 27, 2010 at 3:58 p.m.
  • chickenfriedlizard,

I think your supposition has a gaping hole in it -- what the money is being spent on. [Preface: I outright opposed the Iraq War, Medicare-D (Big-Pharma handout), civil rights violations, etc.] Isn't it possible that those who didn't see a problem with Bush's massive deficits are making distinctions between what Bush and Obama (actually Congress) are spending the money on? Isn't it really a philosophical battle? Wouldn't it get to the heart of the matter to say "You didn't have a problem with any of Bush's socialist/fascist actions, so why start now?" Yes, a great deal of them are hypocrites, but I recommend taking the higher road and checking your premises for contradictions.

The money is just a symptom of a bigger problem.

May 27, 2010 at 3:49 p.m.
  • I was ok with some of Bush's spending, yes.

I would think that if one gripes about spending now and not previously, then that individual didn't have a problem previously. If they had problems with the last administration's spending and this administration's spending, then it would be safe to assume that the complaints would have been consistent throughout both administrations; however, they were not. It is not stereotyping, but pointing out a hypocrisy. On second thought, perhaps the stereotype is they the ones complaining now and not previously are a bunch of hypocrites.

May 27, 2010 at 3:22 p.m.
  • As I see it, there are only two acceptable responses to this article, if we claim to be a society who values humanity: 1) Disgust, sadness, outrage etc. at such a hateful act. (Whether or not it was performed by a "kid" or not, it is not something to be dismissed, and yes, it is newsworthy. We must be ever vigilant lest this kind of thinking slips into the mainstream.) OR 2) Pointing out the absurdity apparent in the spelling ("Comie") and in the spray painting in the first place of a term which makes the user seem like a parody of every backwoods ignorant hick.

I am disheartened and worried that some people used such a troubling occurrence as an excuse for Obama bashing. If I mention the Westboro Baptist Church and how they protested outside Sasha and Malia's school, holding up posters which portrayed their father as the Antichrist, will that be taken too as an excuse to rake President Obama over the coals? Surely Conservatives, Liberals, and anyone in between should all agree that this sort of behavior is a terrible thing, full stop.

May 27, 2010 at 3:14 p.m.
  • chickenfriedlizard said: "BSspotter - you assume that I am criticizing Bush for spending money. You are mistaken. I am criticizing individuals who chastise the Obama administration for doing the same things Bush did. Its ok if Bush and the Repubs did it, but its not ok if Obama and the Dems do it."

So, conversely, does your support of Obama's spending make you OK with Bush's spending? How do you know these people didn't oppose Bush's spending as well? Stereotyping, perhaps?

May 27, 2010 at 2:53 p.m.
  • WWW.

I AM TIRED OF TALKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already email this story . I DO NOT THINK IT IS SOME KID< BUT I THINK IT COULD BE SOME OF YOU ON HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 27, 2010 at 2:46 p.m.
  • notasheep, I am not reading anything into your posts, but you were going to make your claim about the handouts until someone corrected you.

As far as current news polls go, I don’t pay much attention to most of them, and I certain give no credence whatsoever to anything on FOX, so I can’t really comment there.

However, since you think most folks “under the poverty level, and on usually on welfare, or receiving some kind of governmental supplement, etc., tend to follow and support Obama more than others”, do you think it could be that these folks don’t identify with old, rich white farts? The folks you mention are typically not the ones wanting a tax break for their tax shelter, or a tax break on their six-figure income.

May 27, 2010 at 2:30 p.m.
  • patriot08
    but he won the election regardless of what stupidity is put out by the birthers! ha ha ha ha ha!

May 27, 2010 at 2:11 p.m.
  • BSspotter - you assume that I am criticizing Bush for spending money. You are mistaken. I am criticizing individuals who chastise the Obama administration for doing the same things Bush did. Its ok if Bush and the Repubs did it, but its not ok if Obama and the Dems do it.

May 27, 2010 at 1:24 p.m.
  • I agree with some on here, you are entitled to be an A…h…e; this is not news, by a long shot!

It’s obvious, racism is and has been alive and well, in Victoria. Sometimes, it’s hidden behind, “I was just joking“. Other times it’s, “well it‘s how they are“.

To all Victoria racist, go (something) yourself, and when I run for office I say; still go (something) yourself! As far as, being afraid of death threats, or other cowardly attacks; go (something) yourself!

I didn’t vote for President Obama, but he is President of the Untied States of America, and deserves the respect of office. If you have a problem with his policies, then attack them, as I have in the past when I believe them wrong and unconstitutional.

To those that are offended by my strong wording; even the Disciples of Christ, had their moments of intolerance for those who sought to destroy what is good and promote hate through their actions.

Love the sinner not the sin, in the same spirit, support your president not his wrongful actions.

May 27, 2010 at 1:22 p.m.
  • Sorry codearchitect.. I forgot how serious everyone is on here...the last part is what I’m referring to. I don't want to kill him, but that does not mean it's still not true! agian my OPINION!!!!!!

May 27, 2010 at 1:04 p.m.
  • @crystalred7

You want to kill Obama?

Please be clear which spray painted histrionic you are aligning yourself with.

May 27, 2010 at 12:54 p.m.
  • chickenfriedlizard: ""We're into the pockets of our great-grandchildren now" ... Umm, where was this sentiment when Bush spent money like a drunken sailor on the wars? Medicare part D? His tax cuts?"

Since you've recognized that it was wrong then AND wrong now, what's keeping you from criticizing this behavior now? Let's all agree that George W. Obama has been selling our futures so we can do something about it. Reactionary party politics is producing mobs of drones who can't be objective about government. The System is broken and your party allegiances make you accomplices!

If you're skipping any of these steps, you're cheating your decedents:
    1. Define and Identify the Problem
    2. Analyze the Problem
    3. Identifying Possible Solutions
    4. Selecting the Best Solutions
    5. Evaluating Solutions
    6. Develop an Action Plan
    7. Implement the Solution
    8. Repeat

May 27, 2010 at 12:39 p.m.
  • Guess the truth hurts...might be an eyesore, but it's true! Just my opinion, which I am entitled to.

May 27, 2010 at 12:14 p.m.
  • None taken LinChing...I will gladly take constructive criticism any day. I actually meant to say quotation marks not parenthesis...but like that matters.

And...to lizard...Glenn Beck has a book club...where can I sign up!?! :D

May 27, 2010 at 11:31 a.m.
  • No offense.........Just teasing..............but in order to clearly communicate you may have to include that statement every time you use parentheses.

May 27, 2010 at 11:25 a.m.
  • No, you're thinking of Zen Bec, who co-authored the book with Bubba Wong. It was "The Man Sure Can Dictate" and tells the uplifting story of the rise of a modern day prophet (The Man -this means it's factual) from Cape Girardeau, Missouri, whose predictions were so "sure" (accurate - this also means it's factual) that he will (a factual predicition of The Man) one day become World Dictator and "wite all wongs" for the eternal betterment of mankind.

May 27, 2010 at 11:23 a.m.
  • They don't LinChing...but when I clearly state: "WHEN I use..." then that is when they do. Kind of like if you were to say: "When I capitalize words I am yelling" that does not mean every time someone capitalizes something they are yelling.

May 27, 2010 at 11:22 a.m.
  • "The Manchurian President" ...Wasn't that Glenn Beck's book of the month in his book club?

May 27, 2010 at 11:09 a.m.
  • I read a news story about the Chinese couple that had had a dispute about getting the wrong baby, a son they named Sumting Wong. When asked why they gave him such a name, they said look at him, we told them this was the wong baby. The hospital said yes it is, the wong baby. Then I said that two wongs don't make a white.

May 27, 2010 at 11:07 a.m.
  • Just sayin': When did parentheses start meaning "factual?"

May 27, 2010 at 11:05 a.m.
  • I believe it is pointless to continue this wonderful discussion with you my crispy reptile friend. I will get back to reading my book..."The Manchurian President" by Aaron Klein...you should pick it up one day. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

May 27, 2010 at 11:04 a.m.
  • Some blame it all on Bush; some blame it all on Obama. Too bad, but you are all right.

May 27, 2010 at 11:03 a.m.
  • Man you're good.

My real name is Houdini and I work for Fox News.

May 27, 2010 at 11:01 a.m.
  • No, but Yu and his sister Mai Wong are good friends.

May 27, 2010 at 11:01 a.m.
  • Lizard,
    You must work for some news affiliation because you are misrepresenting my quotes. Or are you a magician, because you are making something out of nothing. When I state a fact, I put it in parenthesis and it is a known factual quote. I am also capable of stating my OPINION and that is exactly what I did. I did not say ALL people receiving government assistance. And, if used in the CONTEXT OF THE ABOVE STORY most people would have seen that my opinion was mostly directed towards people that are dumb enough to post their political agendas as graffiti ON THE STREET. Sheesh.

May 27, 2010 at 10:52 a.m.
  • LinChing ... are you kin to Sumting Wong? Or just like 'hangin' em high' like back in the good ole days?

May 27, 2010 at 10:51 a.m.
  • Yep, except for the content of the writing on the road, I would think that it was done by the Public Works Department.

May 27, 2010 at 10:50 a.m.
  • Can you people quit blaming President Obama already! We are in the situation that currently exists due to the previous 8 years of tyranny from the infamous George "W" Bush. Give it a rest already and start to focus on keeping our young people in this community in school each day, and focus on truancy! You backward folks need to get with the program. :)

May 27, 2010 at 10:49 a.m.
  • Help Keep Victoria Beautiful--Don't sell paint to the Public Works Department.

May 27, 2010 at 10:48 a.m.
  • "What we should be concerned about is even before the recession the food stamp program was increasing dramatically, because the government was reaching out to bring people into the program and then make them dependent."

Recession started in 2007 (Before Obama)

If the program were to return to the levels of the early 2000's, he said, that would be ok, but he fears that is not what's going to happen."

The last part of Clinton's term..

Should I assume that Bush was perpetrating a welfare dependent state? Or am I reading too much into the chronology?

May 27, 2010 at 10:48 a.m.
  • It is amusing that the public works department has been contacted to remove the graffiti. Maybe they can also remove all the graffiti they are responsible for by using permanent paint all over our roads, curbs, and sidewalks. They obviously know how to deface an area, but can they clean it up?

May 27, 2010 at 10:45 a.m.
  • Good idea, the pressure washer. Perhaps the city public works department can be required to return and remove all the permanent paint they have used to deface the city.

May 27, 2010 at 10:39 a.m.
  • Nothing meant by this:

"All this proves is that even the uneducated, and sometimes criminal people of America, who benefit the most from the Obama Administration handouts " ... "they just don't know how to express themselves in a more positive way."

I take it as an inference that if you are uneducated or on the Obama administration handout list, you don't know how to express yourself other than graffiti on the street.

"But but but...I just wrote the truth....i didn't mean anything by it."

May 27, 2010 at 10:39 a.m.
  • Come on! If the comment had been posted on here it would have immediately disappeared. While I think it is rude and tasteless, the painter knows where to put it and where not to put it. Speaking of graffiti-like writings, our city public works department is the worst, using permanent paint to paint all over curbs, roads, and sidewalks. We still have it all over our neighborhood from a year ago. Wonder what our our-of-town visitors think about a city government that sanctions permanently painting arrows, words, etc. all over our town?

May 27, 2010 at 10:36 a.m.
  • "You certainly expect the food stamp program to go up during a recession, that's not a bad thing," said Robert Rector, a poverty expert at the conservative Heritage Foundation. "What we should be concerned about is even before the recession the food stamp program was increasing dramatically, because the government was reaching out to bring people into the program and then make them dependent."

May 27, 2010 at 10:35 a.m.
  • I put it in multiple posts because I have been commenting long enough on Vic. Ad. and know that if I didn't have some sort of recent quotes to back up what I said, then I would be shredded by the people that did not agree with me. Furthermore, I again didn't say that any one "level of society" was better or more deserving than the next.

May 27, 2010 at 10:33 a.m.
  • Its a shame that so many people saw it without complaint. Perhaps they could use a pressure washer to get it off the street. I have one they can borrow.

May 27, 2010 at 10:31 a.m.
  • "He's creating a permanent spread-the-wealth-state funded through deficits and borrowing from the Chinese," Rector said."

This fool is reading too much into what is happening.

We have millions out of work and they need to eat. Anytime there is a recession, especially of this magnitude, where people are out of work and out of cash, of course the rolls of those requiring government assistance will rise. Its not some conspiracy about creating a government dependent welfare state...its trying to help others put food on their tables so they can feed their kids.

May 27, 2010 at 10:30 a.m.
  • Why point it out then in multiple posts if you don't mean anything by it?

All I heard was crickets....

Excuse me...Lady Notasheep. :)

Someone at Gulf Bend please take the computer away from Patriot08...

May 27, 2010 at 10:24 a.m.
  • Chickenfriedlizard, why not? How much longer do you think we can keep funding this sweet ride? We're into the pockets of the great-grandchildren now.

May 27, 2010 at 9:58 a.m.
  • Whoa lizard...why do people like to read into my posts, and put words in my mouth? Did I say anything about rights and privileges?? I know that all this is a moot point because no matter what I say, it will either be misconstrued as racist, elitist, or whatever that person wants to twist it to. I never said that I thought less of ANYONE. I was simply stating FACTS. Here's a little lesson...just because you don't LIKE what I say, doesn't mean that WHAT I say isn't true. And I DON'T recall saying anything to put down anyone that is taking government assistance. Or to suggest in any way that those "classified as a lower level of society" do not deserve the same rights and privileges of anyone else in America.

PS...it's LADY Notasheep, not Lord. :)

May 27, 2010 at 9:56 a.m.
  • Now, if that person would please go out there and correct the spelling and we could a picture of that act....That would be a story. Let us know when you are going, I'd like to see the face of the person. What a knucklehead.

May 27, 2010 at 9:39 a.m.
  • Those that receive handouts should be classified as a lower level of society and thus should not have the same rights and privileges as us, right Lord Notasheep?

May 27, 2010 at 9:34 a.m.
  • Little info that was in the headlines today:

"The U.S. is now spending more on food assistance than at any time in its history, sparking a debate over whether the roughly 40 million people now receiving the latest version of food stamps at a cost of $73 billion a year are a symptom of a weak economy
    or are part of a long-term expansion in welfare and related programs."
    ""The number of food stamp recipients has more than doubled since 2000, and the cost of the program has more than tripled," said Chris Edwards, an expert on federal and state tax issues at the libertarian Cato Institute."
    "Looking beyond just food assistance, Rector looks at some 70 programs aimed at assisting the poor and points to President Obama's spending projections for them in the years to come.

"If you look at Obama's own projections, he's projecting to spend over $10 trillion on assistance to the poor over the next decade and that's without the cost of Obamacare, the new health care program that he's created," he said. "This is something that the United States simply cannot afford."

He argues that Obama has no intention of letting assistance to the poor shrink even when the economy is healthy again and says he intends to expand such spending by more than a third over usual levels.

May 27, 2010 at 9:25 a.m.
  • Victoria is a breeding ground for this kind of hateful expression.

May 27, 2010 at 9:08 a.m.
  • I don't think its a kid based on the fact that: "it appeared the perpetrator has been periodically refreshing the graffiti as it has worn away, the most recent refreshment being around two weeks ago...". Most kids these days are too darn lazy to be dedicated to updating political slander on a road.

May 27, 2010 at 8:59 a.m.
  • Way to blame it on the kids!

I wouldn't be surprised if an adult in Victoria did something like this after reading all the comments on the VA over the past year.

May 27, 2010 at 8:51 a.m.

May 27, 2010 at 8:49 a.m.
  • Guess they haven't liked what he has been doin for the last year...

May 27, 2010 at 8:44 a.m.
  • Obama has yet to handle anything. He is just a smooth talker who used the poor, the minorities, and the foolish, to get himself where he is. Most people in all three of these categories are coming to see this, yet the chosen few who were blessed with little brains will remain. It will all surface in the end.

May 27, 2010 at 8:42 a.m.
  • That graffiti has been there for a year or so.

May 27, 2010 at 8:41 a.m.
  • My dear EdithAnn...you are reading into what I posted. For the record, I will admit that Obama is not the only president to give "handouts" and certainly will not be the last. But if you are at all familiar with current and previous news polls done during the Obama Admin. you would find a trend that the lower income (and by that I mean people on under the poverty level, and on usually on welfare, or receiving some kind of governmental supplement, etc.) Americans tend to follow and support Obama more than others. I'm sure what I just wrote will offend most, but, unfortunately it is the truth. So maybe this is just a little social backlash because these aforementioned people are now not satisfied with the way Obama is handling "issues".

May 27, 2010 at 8:34 a.m.
  • We do not need to kill, but to demand a better leader by voting for better leaders with better morals. I did my research and listened to him, that is why I did not vote for him. Hopefully Repubs will win more seats in November.

May 27, 2010 at 8:34 a.m.
  • ...because, notasheep, we all know there were no handouts prior to January 2009. Not a one. Nada. Zip.

All those folks who thought they were on welfare, and all of us who thought they were, too, were just hallucinating, right?

And, Frank--nothing like a good old inflamatory remark to spark conversation on a thread...

May 27, 2010 at 8:27 a.m.
  • Or........it was just a dumb, hick, racist....but either way...move on.

May 27, 2010 at 8:22 a.m.
  • I agree that this should not have been "showcased". But I also want to point out something, this graffiti is not the sentiment of the conservative party, nor is it because the conservative party has "brainwashed" people into a "hang 'em high" mentality. One idiot decided to write on a street in VICTORIA. Who cares. He's obviously not a threat, he can't even spell correctly. All this proves is that even the uneducated, and sometimes criminal people of America, who benefit the most from the Obama Administration handouts are also getting fed up with the BS, they just don't know how to express themselves in a more positive way.

May 27, 2010 at 8:20 a.m.
  • I'm with Jared on this. What's the point of showcasing this? Just clean it up. No story needed.

May 27, 2010 at 8:06 a.m.
  • Writein..."Was the Serect Service called on this?"

Why would you bother the USSS with something like THIS? Unless somebody shoots his mouth off and says he did it, there's nothing to investigate. Some kid thought he was being funny and you want to make a federal case out of it.

May 27, 2010 at 7:53 a.m.
  • NYC dealt with graffiti by erasing it the same night it was tagged. It didn't give the violators the glory of seeing their destruction. Perhaps this would be a solution.

May 27, 2010 at 7:51 a.m.
  • Thank you Patriot for this information. I'll study on it and pass along the things that pass muster and I expect most will. CodeArchitect, I'll check into the birth certificate issue as well.

Isn't it something that so few people actually cared that our president was being slandered in black spray paint on our roadways? Maybe the vandals should put down their paint and pick up a laptop.

May 27, 2010 at 7:04 a.m.

May 27, 2010 at 6:58 a.m.
  • Patriot,

You don't really deserve a response, but I'll suggest this--

When it is something you agree with you probably espouse it as 'American Values'.

When you don't, you'd call it Socialism, Marxism, etc., right?

You are scary.

May 27, 2010 at 6:55 a.m.
  • Was the Serect Service called on this?

May 26, 2010 at 11:49 p.m.
  • I haven't got the inclination to deal with the madness one point at a time but I'll deal with the Kenyan Birth Certificate:

"On August 2, 2009, Orly Taitz released and attached to court documents what she alleged to be an authentic Kenyan birth certificate. Legal documents submitted describe the document as an "unauthenticated color photocopy of certified copy of registration of birth".[52][53] The document was almost immediately revealed to be a forgery. It purports to have been issued by the "Republic of Kenya", when in fact, such a state did not yet exist at the time of Obama's birth as indicated on the document (Kenya was a Dominion of the British Crown until 1963).[54][55] Subsequently, evidence was unearthed that the alleged Kenyan birth certificate is a modified version of a 1959 Australian birth certificate found on an online genealogy website.[56][57] The Washington Independent website cited an anonymous blogger[58] as having taken credit for the forgery and posting four photos substantiating the claim.[59] Examples of actual 1961 Kenyan birth certificates have also been revealed, which look substantially different from the document Taitz submitted to the court.[60]"

I am great proponent of respecting the opinions of other but, Patriot08 these are not your opinions.

You are the living evidence for the Aristotle's thesis of Tabula Rasa

May 26, 2010 at 11:14 p.m.
  • Patriot.

Yeah right. I bet if I were president, people like you wanted the same thing for me. So lets NOT start Patriot because I am about as sick and tried of people like you.

Let add one thing here. How can he BOTH be a Muslim or a Socalist. Socialism preaches AGIANST ANY RELGION !!!!!!!!!! STOP LYING!!!!!!!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 11:03 p.m.
  • I'd rather be alert to who we have posing as commentators on this website.

www.paranoidconspiracyobamaisacomie.com

May 26, 2010 at 10:44 p.m.
  • I have no idea who Obama Comie is and I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic if these vandals would learn to spell correctly and provide an intellectual rebuttal to deficit reduction by economic stimuli via the medium of graffiti somewhere on Navarro

May 26, 2010 at 10:33 p.m.
  • They spelled "commie" wrong, lol.

May 26, 2010 at 10:31 p.m.
  • Enough is enough of this stupidity by some. I ALSO BLAME THE this area who's HANG THEM HIGH mentiality CAUSE THIS!!!!!!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 10:06 p.m.
  • It's going to get worse as local ignorant malleable minds are fed hateful propaganda.

May 26, 2010 at 9:59 p.m.

May 26, 2010 at 9:30 p.m.
  • Thank you Victoria Advocate for proving my point.

May 26, 2010 at 9:23 p.m.