Home » Pozzi re-elected Victoria County judge » Unverified Comments

Comments

• I think gimmieabreak said it best,

“Pozzi was the lesser of two evils and that's pretty sad that we limit ourselves to those choices.”

”....maybe start the term off right by firing Joyce Dean so you are finally in charge of running the county governement instead of her overpaid ...!”

I could not agree more with both statements, especially the second.

November 4, 2010 at 9:13 a.m.
  • sorry...... "I no he is" should read "I know he is"

November 3, 2010 at 9:51 p.m.
  • It is what it is. Pozzi has four years to prove himself worthy. Just because Ocker is strongly opinionated and challenges others lends no cause to theorize his inability to sit as county judge. I have worker with, and for some real jerks in their small businesses, and regardless they still did very well, mainly due to their fortitude and intellect. I voted for Tyler and he can be a huge jerk, but I no he is a man that won’t stand down off of principle. He is not a politician…..
    I hope we see Ocker run again.

financialchick you have stated that you believe in Debra Medina’s platform and what she was running on. (I’m glad you enjoyed my forum at VCC and had the opportunity to hear Medina. She is family and I’m very proud of her.) Now, it’s funny how you think, because Ocker has made all the same stands on political issues as Medina. Also, she is a nurse, just like most everyone else in my family, who has a ‘small business’. Yet you felt she was right for governor. Ocker is also a small business owner with the same beliefs and vigor, yet he’s not fit for local office? It’s more than just ‘proper’ decorum or diplomacy (“he makes my stomach turn”). Your approach is some what anomalous. It’s the weak and ambivalent that hold us back. I would love to talk with you personally. Send me a ‘contact’ message.

November 3, 2010 at 8:59 p.m.

November 3, 2010 at 7:58 p.m.
  • Pozzi says he wants to restore pay and benefits to where they need to be...I'll believe that when I see it. I hope he keeps his word on that, however I have a lot of doubt. Why would he start caring about county employees now, after eight years of actions and behavior that indicates otherwise.

November 3, 2010 at 7:36 p.m.
  • maybe start the term off right by cutting Joyce Dean so you are finally in charge of running the county governement instead of her overpaid ...!

I couldn't agree more! This lady prospers while the rest of the county employees loose retirement, have higher insurance costs for cut rate coverage, and loose out on benefits!!! Time to sit back and watch the exodus of people leave county employment and seek jobs in the private sector!!! Maybe Pozzi and his cohorts will have to fix your roads, search, arrest, and hold criminals! Enough is enough!!!

November 3, 2010 at 6:14 p.m.
  • Pozzi was the lesser of two evils and that's pretty sad that we limit ourselves to those choices. One thing Ocker proved is that there are a lot of voters that will rally to vote against Pozzi to bring about change. I hope Judge Pozzi sits up and pays attention to what the voting public actually said when voting for Ocker....Pozzi your public has spoken....do right by the people first before all else or you will get voted out of office next go round! We gave you 4 more years to straighten up and fly right because we know you have it in you, if you choose it. Be wise and give yourself and this county longevity....and just a thought....maybe start the term off right by cutting Joyce Dean so you are finally in charge of running the county governement instead of her overpaid ...!

November 3, 2010 at 5:36 p.m.
  • I voted for every Republican on the ticket except Matt Ocker. My two reasons were his lack of character displayed online and in person, and the fact of his lack of community involvement as a leader of anything besides a small business... We have many small business owners in this town who are involved in their community and hold leadership positions in many different organizations...Most of them probably wouldn't want to take the pay cut to be County Judge... I was shocked he received as many votes as he did to be honest. However, he had the right to throw his hat in the ring, he lost, so can we move on now...
    I do know one thing about Pozzi, he is an honorable man, and treats everyone with respect..
    Maybe that should be a lesson Mr. Ocker should learn from this entire process... Everyone has the right to have an opinion, whether you agree with it or not,, but the way in which he had to go negative and get so unprofessional in his comments made my stomach turn... so I and others campaigned against him...

November 3, 2010 at 4:28 p.m.
  • KevinB

Said he's in his 20's......... then you're not even old enough to have a completely formed mature frontal lobe much less know what you’re talking about. Go join the left………..

November 3, 2010 at 3:47 p.m.
  • "I did not realize that Victoria had that many liberals living within it's city limits to re-elect Pozzi, what a shame!"

It really shows ignorance when people will vote based solely on their party affiliation. Pozzi's not great by any means by my god... I'm in my 20s, I work in IT and I'm more qualified than Ocker.

I would like to think that the majority of this county is Republican (as indicated by the elections of Tyler, Welfel, Whitaker, Ives...) but thankfully some people will cross the party line when they see someone who's not fit for the job.

November 3, 2010 at 1:39 p.m.
  • Firedup responds to imacitizentoo's comments by saying, "Here.... Here...."

Thank you. Although I agree with what those people have said, it's just time to let that dog stop chasing its tail.

November 3, 2010 at 11:16 a.m.
  • imacitizentoo

Here.... Here.....

Ocker and Pozzi.......
    I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

November 3, 2010 at 10:37 a.m.
  • We all know that people on this site have called MO a stupid moron, who has a criminal record. We also know that they have called him a psychopath who is immature. Perhaps, everyone should just give a rest.

The election is over. Congratulations to Don Pozzi on his victory.

November 3, 2010 at 10:29 a.m.
  • Firedup

I too as you, are loved by our creator. Freedom of speech and the initiative to research our candidates is the only point I am trying to make. So glad you feel you can stand as judge and juror. Are you that much better than I?

November 3, 2010 at 10:24 a.m.
  • Yes the election is over.

So.....

Tyler are you going to do your job and take the 911 call to your grand jury so you can get and indictment???

Lets see who is part of the good ole boy system now?

Why did you hold on to it so long?

November 3, 2010 at 10:23 a.m.
  • sallyomalley

You may sing in the church chior, but you are not a godly person. You hide behind the cross....sad really!!! You seem as wicked as they come with such a low standard comment.

Ocker, along with Pozzi, is a man good enough to take a step up to the plate, and is loved by his creator; so who are you............

BTW.... copy and pasting

November 3, 2010 at 10:06 a.m.
  • Ok KyleC, low blow! We have seen how dangerous it is to vote for CHANGE without doing research on the candidate! That is the point I am trying to get across.

November 3, 2010 at 9:51 a.m.
  • Congratulations to Pozzi on his win and congratulations to Ocker for coming out of virtually nowhere and bringing in the numbers he has. His race has, in the very least, brought to light discrepancies that I hope the county will take a look at it.

It was a tight race, but in the end I am thankful for all of the new voters I have met, that are now interested in the process and who will be better informed and ready for the coming elections in two and four years.

I pray that Pozzi does not increase taxes, as he has promised he won't. We shall see if he upholds that promise in the coming years.

November 3, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.
  • What an absolute lowdown uncalled for comment, sallyomalley.

Ridiculous.

November 3, 2010 at 9:37 a.m.

November 3, 2010 at 9:23 a.m.

November 3, 2010 at 8:54 a.m.
  • Man...kickin' someone when they are down...who needs to grow up? C'mon you guys can't overlook the fact that the final results were 9,940 to 9,306. That's not a landslide by any means. What this does tell you is that roughly 48% of the Victorians that voted wanted a change. Everyone has faults, and that does include MO, but before you guys resume exactly what you are accusing MO of doing (being childish, and badmouthing people), you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

November 3, 2010 at 8:31 a.m.
  • I did not realize that Victoria had that many liberals living within it's city limits to re-elect Pozzi, what a shame!

November 3, 2010 at 8:18 a.m.

November 3, 2010 at 7:51 a.m.
  • I enjoyed hearing about Ocker's experience: high school diploma, a few community college credits and he dun watched a bunch uh dem law n' order episodes.

November 3, 2010 at 5:39 a.m.
  • My only wish is that someone else would have stepped up so we had another choice. Same problem with Mayor.

November 3, 2010 at 5:26 a.m.

November 3, 2010 at 1:34 a.m.
  • "I just want to say I told you so."

and that is why i would never vote for mo. immature and unqualified.

November 3, 2010 at 1:18 a.m.
  • Mr. Pozzi did not raise the rates, he said he wouldn't and he didn't! Now, Mr. Ocker secretly records conversations and secretly carries video cameras around and edits the original content to only represent one side, how is that good for anyone? Ocker is a compulsive liar and has a bad temper. His crminal history clearly reflects it. Please don't delete my comments Victora Advocate! These are facts!! He posted the video on this very website!!

November 3, 2010 at 12:21 a.m.
  • This man kept the property tax rate the same. True! But what about artificially increasing the property values? That is the exact same thing as an increase of the property tax rate! Now that the election is over, the tax rate will be raised without fear of loosing his job......and the property values will stay artificially high! How is this good for Victoria?

November 2, 2010 at 11:59 p.m.
  • Ocker: "I just want to say I told you so."

Me: I really hope this guy grows up before his next election campaign starts. By 2014 he may be at least 10 years old.

November 2, 2010 at 11:41 p.m.