Home » Teen driver hits tree » Unverified Comments

Comments

• yea but, what is unsafe speeding about?
    For sure that one will be thrown out. Growing up there used to be a "park Ranger" that drove around the park at all times. Good old days.

November 8, 2010 at 3:55 p.m.
  • personally i wouldnt take anything VPD says too seriously. they dont really care about people speeding through our parks. im surprised they even issued a ticket. the lack of concern for our children is amazing. i take my son to play at the ethel lee tracy park at least once a week and the number of vehicles that speed through there is very high and the number of cops ive seen patrolling that area is well....NONE!! i now drive to Goliad to take my son to the park there since it is much better maintained and the police make a better presence there.

November 8, 2010 at 11:16 a.m.
  • rusty...those must be some interesting math calculations. From 40MPH, I can stop either of my cars is less than 100 feet without leaving any skidmarks. I don't have access to those calculations or the tables the police use, but it seems to me that 100 feet of skid marks prior to hitting the tree hard enough to do the damage showing in the picture would indicate a speed of considerably MORE than 40. I do agree with Pilot, however, that a good lawyer can probably get that charge tossed.

November 7, 2010 at 10:03 a.m.
  • Mommas insurance will be going up....I disagree with this not reflecting on his driving record...sets a bad precedent.

November 6, 2010 at 9:27 p.m.
  • Why don't they also ticket the person who allowed them to drive their car without a license? Might make ya think twice before you let junior borrow the car.

November 6, 2010 at 5:45 p.m.
  • fatguy,you said a mouthful. my daughters kid was hit and totaled by an unlicensed 16 year old who is allowed to take the truck by the mother. He had two other 16 year olds in the vehicle as well as a small amount of POT. Left the scene and was chased for over 40 minutes by a witness before giving up. My insurance had to pay off and now my premium has increased considerably.

November 6, 2010 at 5:20 p.m.
  • If he was not licensed to drive the insurance company will tell him to go pound sand. They won't pay a dime on the claim.

November 6, 2010 at 4:47 p.m.
  • Hmm - mighty deep dent for 20 mph.

November 6, 2010 at 1:38 p.m.
  • Who put that tree there? Sorry Rusty, I am a fan of pilot, and your...well, your just rusty.

November 6, 2010 at 11:39 a.m.
  • Ok know-it-all pilot. As you can see this was in the park, so there were people around (like me). The police measured his over 100 feet of skid marks and using mathematical equations, determined his speed. Anything else? You weren't there nor do you have all the facts. You have way too much time on your hands when you make a ignorant post like that at 9:37am.

November 6, 2010 at 11:07 a.m.