Comments

• This is one of Aprill Brandon's funnier articles. I especially like the part about the boots costing $300-$500 dollars and visitors will buy them as a souvenir of thier visit.

November 10, 2010 at 6:19 p.m.
  • The clowns responsible for this hole (mispelling intended) campaign should get the boot. The new brand should be hipboots because the local manure is reaching unprecedented depths.

November 10, 2010 at 2:23 p.m.
  • What is interesting here is that Cavender's Western Wear is a Lucchese dealer and a member of our local chamber (according to their site) and High Brehm is not a chamber member. How and who chose the retailer?

Somehow the lines are blurred between the CVB and chamber.

If I were Cavender's, my chamber membership would be canceled with this whole boot fiasco.

November 10, 2010 at 10:58 a.m.
  • My grandson comes to visit me from time to time, and I am always looking for somewhere to take him. We've been to the zoo 3 times and chuck e cheese, theres nowhere else to go in this ntown. We usually end up mgoing out of town. If you folks out ther know of something fun to do with a 4 year old please let me know.

November 10, 2010 at 9:28 a.m.
  • I agree, this is the most rediculous and absurd campaign. I was just stationed at FT Bliss in EL Paso, TX and at a Visitors Bureau ad and I also saw it on a current road sign big bill board in El Paso is states with a pair of boots too!! Welcome to "Sun City" Put on your boots and cowboy hat and join us for a Kick up your heels “Boot Scootin” wstern Ho-Down..

November 9, 2010 at 11:14 p.m.
  • This is the most rediculous and absurd campaign. Who in the heck wants a pair of 3 to 5 hundred dollar boots from Victoria? I don't.Possibly the Chamber can attempt to sell them at the next Kickin Bull Event. Edith Anna, I whole heartedly agree with you. Wasted tax revenue and Pilot, I am sure I would agree with whatever the Vic Ad removed, too! "Bring your Boots to Victoria" was the slogan and now it's "buy Your Boots in Victoria". Baaaawah! "You might just need those boots ... as it is reighning Idiots in Victoria"!

November 9, 2010 at 9:57 p.m.
  • When I look at making a trip, I look to see what is available to see or do in that location before making a decision to visit there. I'm sorry. There is NOTHING in Victoria, Texas that is noteworthy. The Texas Zoo is a joke. There is not a shopping pull, except for necessities. We have a movie theater, but who doesn't have one of those? The only thing that could interest a few people is to research the area, but that can be done via Google.

Victoria, Texas is a dirty, scrubby little town that contains homes still boarded up from Hurricane Season 2008! When I have family come visit, we ALWAYS end up in a different town that has something to do or see.

November 9, 2010 at 9:56 p.m.
  • I just barfed.

November 9, 2010 at 9:48 p.m.
  • But just think folks! About all those nice parties in Austin that Texas Monthly invites all it's advertisers to attend! Don't our "leaders" deserve such a treat?

Shame on you for fussing about a lousy $1.5M or two....

November 9, 2010 at 9:48 p.m.
  • this whole campaign was a total waste of money !

the tax payers were just screwed over on this deal and who knows how many people benefited by this idiotic campaign.

the person that ok'd this idea needs to be fired and anyone remotely associated with this campaign should also be fired.

that being said, Lucchese makes a damn fine boot

November 9, 2010 at 8:03 p.m.
  • How many people are going to travel to Victoria, spend $$ to stay in hotel, eat, gas, etc & the spend $300-$500 for a pair of suvenier boots? That's a whole lotta dough!

November 9, 2010 at 7:56 p.m.
  • "The Victoria Boot is the biggest part of this campaign," bureau director Bridgette Bise said. "It brings the campaign full circle and gives the citizens something they can purchase locally to be the 'walking brand' of this community as well as a great souvenir for visitors to leave the city with."

Are you serious? You got 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS and now it's no longer about heads in beds? Folks are going to come here to buy 'Victoria' boots because they live in Austin? Houston? Hallettsville? And they are going to spend the night here to do it?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, as is tax revenue.

November 9, 2010 at 7:29 p.m.
  • The article said "a portion" would be given to an unnamed organization. Where does the rest of the money go?

I still think we were just find being called The Crossroads. That name is everywhere and we really ARE the crossroads. Don't need to spend a fortune to make us that.

November 9, 2010 at 7:28 p.m.
  • What happened to the City of 10 Friends?

November 9, 2010 at 7:09 p.m.