Comments

• Say What?

ricky, have you been in a coma the last 6 months?

July 20, 2011 at 2:54 p.m.
  • i'm glad lacks is closing their prices are high and the interest will bite you on your ass im glad lacks is going for good there is always walmart and best buy so all of you cry babies booooohoooing shut up already

July 20, 2011 at 2:46 p.m.
  • The poor girl is losing her job & I'm sure she spent her day answering those exact same questions all day long.

November 16, 2010 at 7:40 p.m.
  • I went into the Lacks Clearance Center today to ask some questions about my account's future. I told the girl behind the counter " Can I ask you a question" she said "you can say anything but a question." Then she said before I ask that my answer was Yes Yes Yes and I said what? She said yes we are closing, yes I still have to pay for my furniture and yes......then I cut her off and said "I have all intentions of paying for my furniture but I wanted to ask what are they going to do with the accounts"! She said all she can say is I have to pay for the next 2 months to the store and that Lacks or someone will contact me after that as to where I will have to pay for my account. She was rude and never have I ever been treated like that.

November 16, 2010 at 7:25 p.m.
  • Just to clarify, I went out to Lack's home office with another reporter and a photographer for an interview but we were told the news release said everything the company would say on the matter that day. We'll keep trying to get in contact with them, however, and will get an update as soon as we can.

November 16, 2010 at 6:22 p.m.
  • Last two posts were brilliant. Didn't know I was in the adolescent section.

November 16, 2010 at 4:50 p.m.
  • I believe Admiral Obvious outranks Major Jerkov in this case.

:-)

November 16, 2010 at 4:21 p.m.
  • That's Admiral Obvious, thank you very much. :P

November 16, 2010 at 4:10 p.m.
  • Thank you Captain Obvious, a.k.a. Aprill Brandon. I read that and I still would ask why nobody from Lack's, be it the owners, management, sales or even delivery personnel can be asked what they've heard on this plan of action by the company. Everybody else in town was somehow contacted. Moreover, Randy Vivian, Dale Fowler?? Really? They have no clue as to the insight of this move by Lack's, so why ask them anything? Don't miss the point AB, there is no journalism in releasing a press release and calling some of their competitors.

November 16, 2010 at 3:55 p.m.
  • Pigskin,

In the fourth paragraph, it says "Company officials would not comment further."

November 16, 2010 at 1:58 p.m.
  • The only place I have shopped for 20 years. Sorry to hear aboout this situation. Everything in my house is from Lack's.

November 16, 2010 at 12:14 p.m.
  • Seems rather odd that the Advocate can contact everyone in town with a furniture store, except for the owners whom the article is about. Doesn't Janey Lack write a blog for/in the Advocate weekly? How about some real journalism VA?

November 16, 2010 at 11:05 a.m.
  • This is a terrible loss to Victoria. I'm sorry for their employees, it's going to be a rough road ahead for them. Whatever happens, I hope I don't see another car dealership take over that building on Navarro!

November 16, 2010 at 7:03 a.m.
  • Lacks has been our homes choice for furnishings these last 50 years.
    Always professional, courteous and obliging.
    This is a big loss for the community and it's citizens.
    But..they're not gone yet.
    I just thought: "I need a new daybed!"
    I plan to continue trading with them.
    Maybe after some altering they can bounce back.
    Stay Chin up-eyes bright!
    Victoria loves you!
    Good Luck Lacks.

November 16, 2010 at 6:11 a.m.
  • Sad to see them go! I have bought furniture there since I was a child. Good Luck Lack's store and the Lack family.

November 16, 2010 at 5:31 a.m.