Gas leak closes Pizza Hut, other businesses
A company digging in the 7000 block of Northeast Zac Lentz Parkway struck a gas line, prompting the evacuation of a shopping center about 4:10 p.m. on Tuesday.
Workers from Vonanza Construction, based out of El Paso, were installing a sprinkler system at the future location of Sun Orthodontix, when they struck the gas line.
Pizza Hut, Supercuts and Ly Nails were evacuated until the Victoria Fire Department sealed the leak about 4:30 p.m.
Pizza Hut remained closed for the rest of the evening, but is expected to be open Wednesday, said a spokesperson at the restaurant's call center.
CenterPoint Energy worked to repair the pipe and restore gas access Tuesday night.