Home » Pit bulls attack Chihuahua » Unverified Comments

Comments

• FYI: per Wikipedia "Pit Bull" is not an actual breed. It is a group of breeds known for certain attributes. I own a dog in the "Molesor" group which includes several of the breeds from the Pit Bull group. When my dog is confronted by human or canine, he runs for "mama". The two dogs that my dog has encountered that pose a threat on him are "Black Labs". So, given the above information and a heavy study of what some of you are proposiing, it would be impossible for the city to ban a certain breed or type of dog. I say lets start banning little Sh**heads that frequent the "blotter" section of this publication. They have attacked and/or killed more in this town than any dogs have.

November 20, 2010 at 8:21 a.m.
  • I remember watching Judge Alex one day and he had a case about the neighbors dogs attacking someone's cats. The owner of the dogs kept saying that his dogs wouldn't hurt cats because they had cats and they slept together, played together, and there was never any trouble between them.
    Judge Alex said that just because the dogs do not hurt "their" cats, doesn't mean they won't hurt other people's cats.
    That is the same with any dog. They may not be bad at home, and they may be really trained well, but the training stops at the property's edge.

November 19, 2010 at 11:58 p.m.
  • I know first hand of a similar incident where a little girl was walking her dog and a pit bull on the other side of the football field also broke his chain. The pit bull came charging at the little dog, when the girl went to pick her dog up, the pit bull bit her and almost ripped her cheek completely off. The owner and neighbors also said the dog had never been aggressive and had never harmed anyone.
    As for Adrianna Garza, she is very lucky the dogs didn't turn on her.

November 19, 2010 at 11:05 p.m.
  • read this article. It's quite enlightening

November 19, 2010 at 2:02 p.m.
  • Well to each their own everyone's entitled to their own opinion no matter how uniformed they are. Try looking up the history of pit bulls and dog fighting. What these dogs were bred for and used for. You might just learn something instead of repeating everything you hear. Because when you really investigate and research the issue you'll learn how ignorant everyone who preaches against these so called "blood thirsty killers" really are. I bet if everyone reported everytime they were bitten by some little lap dog we'd be calling them killer pugs and blood thirsty pom poms.

November 19, 2010 at 1:21 p.m.
  • Just because someone has not had an incident with one of these extremely dangerous instinctive killers does not mean it will not happen. Once it does, you will think differently. These dogs were breed for doing harm. Nuff said...

November 19, 2010 at 12:38 p.m.
  • Blood thirsty? Hardly...as a groomer I have worked with all kinds of dogs. I have NEVER EVER been bitten by any large breed dog. I have worked with pits, mastiffs, Dobermans, and many more. However I have scars and even a crooked finger from being bitten by weenie dogs, pugs, Pomeranians and especially chiwawus. (Wrong spelling I know) but everyone tells me oh its just because they were scared or excited. Well FYI big dogs get scared and excited to its not their fault they have a bigger bite. As a proud owner of 4 pit bulls in my life time I have never had one incident with any of my dogs.

November 19, 2010 at 11:27 a.m.
  • I agree with brandibrown. I have both an American Bulldog and Doberman Pincher that both weigh 100+ lbs and a teacup chihuahua that only weighs 2.5lbs and they all play together. Obviously, he could be swallowed whole! And even though my big dogs play hard and can play tough with an adult and always win playing tug-of-war, they are gentle and kind as soon as my chi or my two boys walk through the door. My boys and my dogs do everything together. But, I have also made it a point to socialize my dogs with eachother, other dogs and people, and different surroundings. But when we leave, my dogs are ALWAYS on a leash with a choke collar...its not that I do not trust them, its giving people that do not know them or the breed a little peace of mind. Just because they look big and mean, doesnt mean they are. My teacup chi runs the show...thats who you better look out for. To the Mascorros, I hope that your puppy is doing well.

November 19, 2010 at 10:36 a.m.
  • When are you people that have pits gonna wake up? I do not care how "good" your dog is. I do not care if you think you have "magical" powers in training these blood thirsty creatures. You will NEVER erase their natural instincts. You might as well put a "leash" on a crocodile and say he is sweet and trained and would never hurt anyone or anything.

Funny when this happens to the owners of pits, they finally wake up and think WOW I guess I was wrong...

November 19, 2010 at 10:31 a.m.
  • I am the proud owner of a beautiful blue nose pit named Berretta. I have two small children whom she sleeps with, eats with, plays with and watches tv with. She is well trained and has completed her good citizen course along with dog obedience. But I can tell you that pit bulls play hard and she loves other dogs but doesn't realize how strong she is when playing with them. She plays with my neighbors cats and dogs all the time but I have to keep a careful eye on her so that she doesn't get too rough. I think this was a case of rough play because if two pit bulls with the intention to kill had attacked this little dog then it would have been dead. I want to say good job to the owner for keeping all their papers in order and taking the neccessary steps to ensure that his dogs are properly restrained. But everyone accidents do happen and unfortunately not all pet parents are good ones and the pit bull breed has gotten a bad reputation.

November 19, 2010 at 9:29 a.m.
  • I also think its strange that both dogs broke free at the same time? An accident is something that happens without any intention. These dogs broke free and went after this pup intentionally. No matter the breed, these dogs have showed intentional aggression and we should not wait until they attack a passerby. These two should be banned from the city.

November 19, 2010 at 8:49 a.m.
  • There is something people do not understand about Pits. They will do WHATEVER it takes to please their masters. If they are expected to fight, they will to the death. If they are expected to be lover mutts, they will excel. This sounds like a case of it looked like a toy at the end of a leash.

November 19, 2010 at 7:29 a.m.
  • Familyman if they were fighting dogs the pugs wouldn't be in the backyard. It takes a responsible owner when it comes to these dogs. We have had our pit bull for years and I know that it starts with me to make sure situations like this do not happen.

November 19, 2010 at 7:16 a.m.
  • Too many pit bull attacks have happened in the past few years. Will it take a death from an attack for the city to ban these dogs in the city or maybe even the county. $1,000 fine for every dog, every day that the dog is in town.
    Were these dogs fighting dogs or were they family pets? Either way they have showed their real colors. Pit bulls are a dangerous breed and unpredictable. They need to be banned from the city and county.
    This owner has the right idea, take the dogs to the country for safe keeping. I bet they attack another animal out in the country and kill it this time.

November 19, 2010 at 5:26 a.m.
  • It's odd how "both" dogs broke free from their chains at the same time. Hmmmm

Michael, you need bigger, stronger chains and maybe choaker collars. They really will learn not to pull against those collars quickly. Maybe covered, heavy-duty pens would be a good idea too.

As the owner of very powerful and dangerous dogs, you are responsible for providing a no-fail way of keeping them contained.

November 19, 2010 at 12:53 a.m.
  • AS A PITBULL BREEDER I MUST SAY I FILL BAD FOR YOUR DOG BUT FOR THE OWNER I UNDERSTAND THEY LOOK HARMLESS BUT THEY STILL DO NEED TO BE LOCKD DOWN AS A PERCATION TO YOUR SUROUNDINGS I HAVE PUT MY DOGS IN EVERY PARADE THERES BEEN BUT STILL DONT PUT NO SLACK IN THE LINE U KNOW WHAT I MEAN I HOPE U LEARN BEFORE THE BREED GETS A WORSE REPUTATION THAN IT HAS NOW

November 19, 2010 at 12:41 a.m.