Comments

• Lack's Furniture in the valley is separately owned by a different branch of the Lack family. The two have no connection to one another.
    Please keep the schadenfreude down to a minimum.

November 23, 2010 at 7:06 p.m.
  • What about Lack's Properties? Are they bankrupt too? Check into the ownership of the facilities of this retailer and you may find the key to this business survival had the ownership made a different decision. Investigative journalism, anyone?

What about the Lack's Furniture Stores in the lower Rio Grande Valley. Apparently they will remain open, but under the "Lack's" name, but under different ownership?

November 23, 2010 at 7:44 a.m.
  • You are absolutely right Pilot.

On a side note of how things are these days, I sold some equipment, what to do with the $? I thought great! I have enough to pay off the Credit Card balance. All well and good until I received the letter today, not that I mind that much....

Anyway, it seems that since I don't owe the CC company money anymore.... they closed the account.

LOL, funny in a way, but looks bad on my credit report, that's what I get for doing the right thing!

November 22, 2010 at 6:15 p.m.
  • When are you people going to quit blaming Bush for everything, he has been gone for almost two years now. What the banks are doing has nothing to do with TARP or the bailout it is being driven by the wonderful Banking Reform Act ramed down our throats last year by your wonderful Democratic congress and signed into law by President Obama.

November 22, 2010 at 4:05 p.m.
  • tarp was bushs' baby. he wanted his republican bank friends taken care of when the stuff hit the fan. i wonder if the lacks family voted republican or democrat?

November 22, 2010 at 1:08 p.m.
  • Sooo, the current administration is taking heat for the hardships of small businesses, while the banks who were bailed out are the ones playing hardball with their customers. Banks who treat their customers so shabbily do not deserve to have any. Another really good business bites the dust because the banks changed their rules in midstream. What a horrible shame!

November 21, 2010 at 2:43 p.m.
  • I am devastated by the news of the Lacks store closing.. I will be losing my family.. They have been the best company that I have ever worked for. Lacks has been a wonderful employer to me for years.. Not only do they pay well, they have excellent benefits for their employees. Where else can you find FREE medical insurance on a job? Also, the opportunities to make additional money by having twice yearly bonus months, being paid a percentage of warranties on furniture and appliances, and bonus money on contests throughout the year. They care for their employees. I will also miss the customers so much.. They are so upset at the closing of the stores. Most have been shopping at Lacks all of their life. It is a sad day for the employees and the wonderful customers a like.

November 21, 2010 at 10:21 a.m.

November 21, 2010 at 8:08 a.m.