Comments

• As I asked before, when will the pumphouse cease being a liability to the taxpayers as we were promised by its sale? We went from avoiding the demolition cost of $250-300k (what was the rush?) to spending $182k plus labor & equipment usage (likely to exceed $300k total) to appease the owners of this property. If the parking lots were truly being built for the zoo & disc golf course, they would be built within an 1/8 mile of those "needs." A more sensible solution, if needed, would involve building three smaller lots that target the specific areas of need that were cited by Councilman Tom Halepaska, coincidental recipient of $2,500 in TREPAC funds.

This reeks of a bailout of well-connected business owners who don't have enough PRIVATE property to build the amount of parking either required by law or that suits their vision.

I want this restaurant to thrive and add to Victoria's culture, but not this way.

November 22, 2010 at 11:21 a.m.
  • Sounds like they are attempting to do with the pumphoue what Gruene did with the Gristmill. I wish them the best of luck & will eat there when I am in town. I like indoor/outdoor restaurants, especially ones with views.

November 21, 2010 at 12:01 p.m.

November 21, 2010 at 12:01 p.m.
  • Louise Hull Patillo is a Victoria Sales Tax Development board member. As such, she is responsible, in large measure, for allocation of the 1/2 penny sales tax collected by local retailers.

Her investment in the pump house restaurant is risky and laudable. Although the allocation of public funds for parking lot expansion near the restaurant makes absolute sense, there is an unfortunate appearance of a conflict of interest in this instance.

November 21, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.
  • If they are reasonably priced i will give them a try. I would not be excited, however, about a menu featuring food that tastes like home-cooked. If i want to eat home cooking i'll stay home.

And please, no "french" cuisine or other wierdness. Just make it a good restaurant that offers tasty food at a reasonable price and it will work out.

November 21, 2010 at 10:03 a.m.
  • bighorn what foods do you prefer? French cooking? I wish them all the luck on their new business!

November 21, 2010 at 9:05 a.m.
  • Does "American" food indicates hamburger and fries? Want some nachos to start off with?

If this is what they plan to offer, do I get a discount when I show them my tax reciept?

I was hoping for something a bit better.

November 21, 2010 at 8:58 a.m.
  • knowing that it will not cost an arm and a leg to eat there I think I will be a customer. At the very least I will give them a try!

November 21, 2010 at 7:43 a.m.