Comments

• d6975...Be careful what you admit to. I don't think it's legal to hunt deer with a car or truck. You've gotta use a rifle or shotgun. :)

We had similar problems when I worked for the airline. We had a pilot who got a goose with a Beechcraft. I told him the game warden frowned on people who used airliners to hunt geese without a license. I had to help clean it off. Yuck!

November 23, 2010 at 4:14 p.m.
  • I hit one last year and it totaled my car. Also has a near miss. So close I could hear the deer scratchinig the pavement trying to get out the way. Thumbs up on the Ranchhand, even put one on my car.

November 23, 2010 at 12:02 p.m.
  • Deer are not the only animals to watch out for...wild hogs are bad right now too. I live out in the country in Goliad County and I know all too well how bad the animals are right now. I hit two wild hogs Sunday night when I was going around a curve and they darted out in front of me. Be Careful and don't mess with your cell phone, radio, or anything else distracting...wait till you get home or take care of everything before you leave for your destination.

November 23, 2010 at 10:32 a.m.
  • I drive a truck with a Ranch Hand grill and am not real worried there, but I also ride a Harley and do worry because Victoria county does not mow the grass in the ditches. In the winter time, the grass turns a light brown and as of now it is about the same height and color as the deer, so until the deer enters the roadway, you can not see them, making the odds even worse.

November 23, 2010 at 10:22 a.m.
  • I've only hit one so far this year.

November 23, 2010 at 9:51 a.m.
  • My son had a deer hit the side of his truck one night. Just ran right into the side of the vehicle. He was only doing about 40mph on North Main, here in town where it is posted 50 mph. I think the deer made it with a few bruises and a massive headache. The truck got a big dent in the fender. My son is OK. A bit shaken but OK none the less.

November 23, 2010 at 6:13 a.m.
  • "Martha my deer.."

November 22, 2010 at 11:32 p.m.