Comments

• Ejected? With a seat belt? Faulty seat belt? My heart goes out to the family.

November 26, 2010 at 1:13 a.m.
  • This was a horrible tragedy & my heart goes out to the family. Reading about this wreck sent chills up my spine & brought tears to my eyes. So sad this woman lost her life & a family lost their loved one because someone wasn't paying attention. I do hope the man who caused this has charges brought on him.

Today, driving to Victoria for Thanksgiving with the family, the people on the road were horrible either driving way too fast & reckless (passing 2 cars on a hill) or extremely slow & hugging the center line so no one could safely pass. I felt grateful to arrive at my destination alive. The drive home tonight was worse, there was a person behind me that was following so close I couldn't see their lights. I tried to let them pass & they refused, just stayed up my tail pipe for way too many miles. People, please remember the world does not revolve around you. Leave early & drive safe, don't hurt or kill others because you can't manage your time better.

November 25, 2010 at 9:54 p.m.
  • If I am not mistaken, it is now illegal to use any type of cell phone for any reason in a school zone, and several cities have made a local ordinance against texting while driving. Hopefully, this will soon be a statewide mandate.

November 25, 2010 at 9:04 a.m.
  • This Woman, is my sister, Lupe Baugh....And whoever posted that its not right to put pictures up before we are notified is correct. My Nephews and Nieces started getting calls as they planned the holiday and were on the road shopping. The first call was Im sorry about your mother, what a horrible way to lose her.
    Friends had seen it on the internet. I was called next, Lupe Baugh is my only sister, my older sister. And never ever hurt anyone, she was kind and didnt have a mean bone in her body, and a christian woman.
    People who do other things other drive, Please take Caution. Everyone walked away but my sister from this wreck.
    Dolores Menchaca

November 25, 2010 at 7:53 a.m.
  • I agree that is how my daughter got hurt is because of some one on there cell phone and it also kill a man to, driver walked away without a scratch. It should be a stiff fine if they cause a wreck it sure not going to bring back a love one. Shame a person can't drive down the road without talking on a phone and also at resturants, I go to enjoy not listen to someone talk of there troubles.

November 25, 2010 at 7:23 a.m.
  • How absolutely horrible for this family. Anytime a family member is lost it is deviatating, but it seems it's always worse near the holiday. PLEASE, PLEASE pay closer attention when driving. Working as an ER nurse I see so many needless deaths this time of year and so much heartbreak. Take extra time and drive more defensively than ever. My prayers are with this family. May God give you peace.

November 24, 2010 at 11:24 p.m.
  • I hate that highway! There are too many accidents out there!

November 24, 2010 at 10:50 p.m.
  • texting or talking on your cell phone while driving should be outlawed like in California!

November 24, 2010 at 7:32 p.m.